littlefishbone's question

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
littlefishbone's question

littlefishbone instructs me to ask if there are any other kids writing on ABC tales as she would certainly Like To Know (her words) and wants to read their work and talk to them

best wishes

littlefishbone's mother (long suffering)

ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
littlefishbone is delighted! ... she says ajay can email her please .... her email is on her page ... best wishes littlefishbone's mother
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
Re: Ajay's mother and littlefishbone - being wary, I wouldn't recommend any children putting up their e-mail addresses on the public internet - people are not always who they say they are. Sorry to be boring! Cheers Emily
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Wasn't there talk early on about Terry Deary setting up a Young ABC ? Perhaps Mr Yelland-Brown is the chap to ask.
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
No, 'tis I who will answer! There are some other children on the site - podger, for one, comes to mind. However Young ABCtales.com will be up for testing later this month and then we hope to have loads of little fishbones all over the place. We'll launch it officially in September but we will let you know, dear users, just as soon as it is up and running. Just a few design blips to sort out and we'll be there. Pip pip, the chief exec.
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
I shall have to warn the macaw about the little fishbones all over the place, the vets bill last time was just like when Jennifer and Jonathan Hart got together...
andrea
Anonymous's picture
I've read Littlefishbone's stuff and I think it's brilliant! Bugger the macaw...
littlefishbone
Anonymous's picture
dear andrea i am glad you think my stuff is brilliant i'll write some more for you to read i am thinking of a couple more to put on the site i said to mum that i didn't think the glint of light was very good i feel really pleased that i got a cherry i like the site and i think the favourite poem of mine is the old tree stump love from littlefish
curua
Anonymous's picture
Hey, littlefishbone, I also think your stuff is brilliant... 'Bumpy Old Hill' was my favourite, closely followed by 'Dogs'. If you keep writing like that, you'll be Poet Laureate (sp?) by the time you're 20!
littlefishbone
Anonymous's picture
thank you curua it made me and my mum laugh and now she is making me go to bed but she is reading northern lights to me and i like it a lot and my brother says it is a wicked book and roger has just been stolen by the gobblers so i have to go love from littlefishbone x x x
mandylifeboats
Anonymous's picture
How will we know the little ones *are* little ones? sneers ML darkly. Will we soon be having Littlehitch, who's really his grandmother, Littlerichard, pretending to be a pop singer, Littlekuriousoranj, who's really his uncle, Littlebobblehat2010, who's his neighbour's dog, etc? But let that not detract from Littlefishbone's lovely rhymes that she knows I like as I told her so in a private communication (is this child abuse?)
IFB
Anonymous's picture
MLB .. don't you mean SonofaHitch?
sarahv
Anonymous's picture
How young is 'young ABCtales?'. I mean I'm positively OLD compared to littlefishbone :P! But I'm young enough to be at school and get yelled at in English lessons for writing stories and poems whilst I'm supposed to be doing some dreadfully dull comprehension! Where so you draw the line?! sarahv
Ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
hooorah for you sarah! ... keep on writing them ivory x x x
sarahv
Anonymous's picture
I'm sure that my English teacher would love to hear that! Thanks sarahv
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
hahahahaha english teachers and i have a long standing war ... send english teacher round i will sort her/him out
curua
Anonymous's picture
What do you think of the National Literacy Strategy then, Ivory?
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
Dear Sarah, Youngabctales will be aimed at 6-15 year olds (although you can still post stuff to ABCtales.com too) Hope this helps Emily
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
take it you are an english teacher then curua??? .... would you care to come round and i'll sort YOU out ...
curua
Anonymous's picture
Uh oh! Please don't hurt me! *waving white flag* I promise I don't make my pupils do too much comprehension and grammar.... Actually I'm a Primary school teacher, so I teach everything, including english. I try to make it as fun, inspiring and creative as possible, but David Blunkett is trying as hard as he can to stop me! Truce?
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
hmmmmm ... ok then
curua
Anonymous's picture
Phew! *goes off to set homework for poor children about split digraphs*
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
you beast!
sarahv
Anonymous's picture
Maybe Monday should be declared National English Teachers Day and we could all go and sit outside in the sunshine and write inspirational stories and poems. Well, it would certainly be better than being stuck in a stuffy classroom for an entire double period of comprehensions and grammar! I read somewhere that one of theABC editors was training to be an English teacher. A piece of advice- BRING BACK CREATIVE WRITING! It seems to be completely ignored at our school in favour of split infinitives et al! sarah
curua
Anonymous's picture
It's a sad state of affairs, sarah, but you can blame the government, who think it's more important for kids to spend 5 hours a week learning about phonemes etc. than enjoying being creative. It's good to see that they haven't put you off, though!
sarahv
Anonymous's picture
phone- whats!!!!! There is probably a lesson there. Maybe I should pay attention in English lessons rather than writing epics....the watcher is positively short by my standards!! I also think that if you are creatively minded then nothing can put you off! Whenever I complain in English lessons my teacher always tells me that at least I will have something to write about in my memoirs! Thanks for the encouragement though! sarah
Ajay's mother
Anonymous's picture
To little fishbone's mother fromAjay via Ajay's mother. Ajay, who is just 10, would be very happy to talk with lfb about allsorts.
Topic locked