ABCDID

171 posts / 0 new
Last post
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
God, it would change so often. Not my ten favourites, since if I'm only going to get ten, I want them to be suitable for a variety of moods. Witchcraft by Frank Sinatra Jumping Jack Flash by Rolling Stones Norweigan Wood by the Beatles That's Entertainment by the Jam Sabotage by the Beastie Boys I know it's over by the Smiths Trompe le monde by the Pixies It's the end of the world as we know it by REM Weekender by Flowered Up I am the Resurrection by the Stone Roses Gosh, what a 'blokeish' assortment - I do listen to female musicians, I promise. Book - Where I'm calling from by Raymond Carver
david floyd
Anonymous's picture
Um, er...: Hole - Doll Parts Shuggie Otis - Strawberry Letter 23 The Specials - Rat Race Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye Katherine Williams - We Came Down From The Trees Irma Thomas - You're The Dog (I Do The Barking Myself) Leonard Cohen -Everybody Knows Super Furry Animals - Hermann Loves Pauline Fuzz Townshend -Smash It Beach Boys - God Only Knows Pixies - Here Comes Your Man Mos Def - Umi Says Book: Daniil Kharms - Incidences
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Have to sleep on this one... (Book'd probably have to be C&P though)
funky_seagull
Anonymous's picture
in no particular order - 1. Orbital - Belfast 2. Massive attack - spineglass 3. Clannad - Herne 4. Dreadzone - a dream within a dream 5. Bob Marley - no woman no cry 6. Sacred spirit - That noble dream 7. Misty in roots - earth 8. deep forest - dream city 9. Pink Floyd - Another brick in the wall 10 Led Zeppelin - stairway to heaven 11. Kate Bush - running up that hill 12. R.E.M - man on the moon 13. dreadzone - rastafarout 14. Happy Mondays - step on( twisting my melon mix) 15. Jah wobble - becoming more like God 16. Jah wobble - om Namah Shiva 17. Leftfield - song of life 18. Moby - Go 19. John Lennon - imagine 20. A future sound of London track whch I keep playing again and agian but I can't remember what its called. 21. Sting - when the angels fall. 22. Deep forest - forest hymn 23. Prodigy - voodoo people 24. sex pistols - Anarchy for the UK 25. Leftfield - Rhinos prayer @!#$ theres so many... I better stop as I 've gone way past ten.. theres so many tunes I like man... I can't choose ten... favourite book - Lord of the rings by JRR Tolkien luxury item - an ounce of northen lights
David Ritchie
Anonymous's picture
Anything by: 1. bjork
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Besides, she can't answer, 'cos she's on strike, remember?
stormy
Anonymous's picture
you forgot your luxury item andrew! I'm going to watch a stupid program called 'lost' now. (someone has to watch channel 5). I shall be mulling this over.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
1. Beth Orton - Central Reservation (then again mix) 2. Moby - Flying Foxes 3. Coldplay - Shiver / Trouble (I'd make my own double A side) 4. Jeff Buckley - Forget Her / Lover You should've come over 5. Counting Crows - Perfect Blue Building / Anna Begins 6. Morcheeba - Trigger Hippie (extended sitar version) 7. Eels - Beutiful Freak 8.Alex Gopher - The Child 9. Afterlife - Blue Bar 10. REM - I've Been High 11. Portishead - Sour Times 12. Placebo - Passive Aggressive (I know, 10 only, but if Funky can smuggle 25 onto the island, I can sneak this two extra's in inside another ones box) Book: (Predictably) Brian Pattens Love Poems Luxury Item(s): Johnny Depp / Jude Law.
Martin T
Anonymous's picture
good point Andrea......but she has a crack legal team watching our every move.......
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
1 Sarah McLachlan - Possession/Good Enough/Angel (triple A side!?!) 2 Joe Jackson - Different for Girls 3 Pulp - Common People 4 Lady Marmalade (sorry for artist choice - know it's uncool) Christine Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya and Pink (that particular version is associated with good times, OK!) 5 Elvis Costello - Shipbuilding 6 David Devant and His Spirit Wife - This is for Real 7 My Life Story - 17 Reasons Why 8 Madness - Wings of a Dove 9 Tom Lehrer - We Will All Go Together When We Go 10 The Jam - Going Underground Luxury item - a bath that somehow miraculously still produces hot water even on a desert island. Or a computer with internet access! Book: The Bluebird
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Don't mean to worry anyone, but the noise of Stormy's Seventies Prog-Rock seems to have activated what we took to be a dormant volcano on the island. Suggest we make for the boats and all only take one object from the densely populated island. Where did my friend the volleyball get to ???
stormy
Anonymous's picture
ok, so the program was on channel 4. and it was crap but I do like watching the ritual humiliation of people who put themselves up for reality tv. I haven't joined in any 'name your top ten' this that or the other before but I thought I would try this one. 1. eric clapton: wonderful tonight 2. queen: who wants to live forever 3. meatloaf: paradise by the dashboard light 4. the who: won't get fooled again 5. lynryrd skynyrd: free bird 6. pink floyd: shine on you crazy diamond 7. ten years after: I woke up this morning 8. rolling stones: honky tonk women 9. robert palmer: addicted to love 10. deep purple: smoke on the water (aw cummon! I grew up to that before it became famous! the lyrics tell a true story anyway) book: tad williams: otherland. luxury item: wife or some other intelligent woman that can make me laugh, act as counsel, and ...... ok she's stopped looking now...... - but - if I strip away the schoolboyish fantasies ......... I'd still take her. (sshh - not a word ok?)
Roy
Anonymous's picture
All this thread is doing is reveal respondent's ages... Clifford T Ward - A day to myself. Janis Ian - At seventeen. The Beatles (inevitably) - It's only love. Judy Collins - Secret gardens. 10cc - Somewhere in Hollywood. Harry Chapin - Mail order Annie. Paul Simon - I am a rock. Steely Dan - Dirty work. Arlo Guthrie - City of New Orleans. Nanci Griffith - This old town. Book - Bill Naughton - All in good time (aka The family way). Luxury item(s) - wp and socket. Or pen and paper, if pushed.
stormy
Anonymous's picture
dammit roy - everyone thought I was just a retrohead. seeing your 10cc reminded me of my no 11 one night in paris-10cc - a much maligned band.
fish
Anonymous's picture
*snatches up one object (gun) and heads for boat carrying liana mississipi and andrew*
robert
Anonymous's picture
don't know what i'd take, but i sure as hell hope i don't get washed up on the same island as stormy. addicted to love???
stormy
Anonymous's picture
you have to understand the alternative title robert. then the lyrics make sense. Robert was too shy to post his own favourites but I insisted. I know you all will congratulate him on his choice. here is roberts top ten: 1. cheesey tunes: morrisey 2. salty tears: morrisey 3. smokey on the water: morrisey 4. prawn cock: morriseytail 5. beef is my favourite meat: morris dancer 6. what no salt packet?: vinegarry morrisey 7. I love texas (austin): morris minor 8. smiths aren't the only crisps: morris walker 9. feel like making bacon: morris and the flying piglets 10. woe is me, I'm so sad, I sing so bad: freudian morrisey book: morrisey's secret life life by R. Obert Luxury item: morrisey 4 (poster) brings a tear to your eye dunnit folks?
moisty petter
Anonymous's picture
no mississ, I was referring to liana's knickers knowing that my comment (untrue of course) would wind her up. moisty
stormy
Anonymous's picture
what the @!#$'s a life life?
Primate
Anonymous's picture
Hmm. Tricky one this. As Andrew said, less a top-ten than enough great songs to cover all my possible moods... Smashing Pumpkins - Mayonnaise / Spaceboy Green Day - Basket Case / Good Riddance (time of your life) Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit Beastie Boys - Sabotage Gene Kelly - Singin' In The Rain Ash - Girl From Mars / Oh Yeah Stereophonics - Local Boy In The Photograph Pulp - Common People Semisonic - Gone To The Movies Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains / Queer Monty Python - Every Sperm Is Sacred / Galaxy Song (And sitting on the bench would be the Beatles - Help and Madness - Michael Caine, just in case of injury...) Book - Joseph Heller Catch 22 Luxury Item - An ACME 'Steak Kit' (Comprising of bovine-sedatives, sharp knife, bone-saw, mustard, napkins and a nice juicy cow that is always intact no matter how many steaks I cut off it :) )
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Can I add my vote to not being washed up on Stormy's island ? Sorry mate, but the only person who'll share with you is Alan Partridge. (will forgive Wonderful Tonight, that is quite a classic) Primate I could happily share with, also Liana. Emily gets excluded for Lady Marmalade - I could have lived with the All Saints version, but not that freak show of artists. It did get me thinking whether I'd rather have ten records or a radio that would only get radio 5 - music, or having access to news and live sport...
Liana
Anonymous's picture
I could be stuck on an island with primate too - a couple of tracks in his/her list were hoverers on mine. Sorry Andrew, but not you, if you insist on bringing "wonderful tonight" with you. The worst lyrics ever, on a par with "Lady In Red" and "I just called to say I love you" I don't know why Clapton released this pile of pooh, the man is widely accepted as a bloody genius...can you subsitute "Leyla (Accoustic version, preferably), or " Cocaine" instead? You can stay on the island then........ Storms, your list made me shriek in horror. Your morrisey post made me howl with laughter. Maybe you would be my luxury item instead. As long as you didnt bring any music with you that is........
Martin T
Anonymous's picture
FISH......don't leave me here........what can I give you to take me with you ?
fish
Anonymous's picture
storms ... promise you will never make me a tape ...
spag man
Anonymous's picture
Oooh tough one. Book would be Catch 22. top 10 tracks? God, how tough is this!? I own like 100-150 compilation tapes. Okay here goes - 1) Sugar Boy -Beth Orton 2) Colourblind - Counting Crowes 3) It aint me babe - Bob Dylan 4) Isolation - John Lennon 5) All Along the wtachtower - Jimi Hendrix 6) In my lIfe - The Beatles 7) Where is my mind - The Pixies 8) Wise Up -Aimee Mann 9) In Dreams - Roy Orbison 10) Bernadette - The Four Tops To be smuggled - Welcome to the jungle - Guns N' Roses 20th Century Boy - T. Rex Heaven Knows I'm Miserable now - The Smiths Money - The Beatles Love Reign O'er me - The Who The Bends - Radiohead Creep - Radiohead Boys don't cry - The Cure I'm Glad - Cream Nobody Loves you - John Lennon Broken Heart - Spiritualized Candy says - Velvet Underground Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie I could go on and on. So I shall stop. Ciao peeps
MrPrimate
Anonymous's picture
Liana and Andrew - welcome to my island! You can both have a steak on me :) I have to agree with the general consensus and bar
fish
Anonymous's picture
it's ok duckie ... plenty of room in boat after i have shot those three ...
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
So you don't like Labia Syphilis then Liana?
fish
Anonymous's picture
primate ... please make me a tape ... *flutters eyelashes*
Primate
Anonymous's picture
Dunno what happened there! But anyway, I would also not let Stormy on to my island - sorry mate but your list is painful! Although, I guess we *would* need a 'Piggy' to chase with spears..... Welcome to my Island Stormy!
Primate
Anonymous's picture
(legs it out to the shops for a pack of twenty TDK F90's to win Fish's heart.....)
stevo
Anonymous's picture
spag you and eye see i to i v. tasty music @!#$, I forgot the pixies here come your man in mine, AND Leonard Cohen Hey, thet's no way to say goodbye or Suzzanne. shite stevo
Liana
Anonymous's picture
*sulking*
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Re: RV. 'Offers extremely large pants......' Fish. 'Wonders if RV stole some pants when was here....' Seems to me to be a little on the self-incriminating side M'lord! Do I need to produce said voluminous bum bag? *He says donning bullet proof suit and running like the clappers for the soon to be departing boat*
fish
Anonymous's picture
*looking smug*
Primate
Anonymous's picture
Ok, you can have one too Liana! (Goes out again to buy a stick to fight them all off with...)
spag man
Anonymous's picture
Hey Stevo, I completely forgot Leonard Cohen as well. S**t. Okay. Add "Suzanne" and "Chelsea Hotel" to the smuggled list. Oh- and add "Hello in there" by John Prine, and "Bottle to the bottom" by Kris Kristofferson. I could add more. I'd just take my top ten compilation tapes instead.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
No, it's alright, thank you VERY much... *in a huff*
chant
Anonymous's picture
for what it's worth... 1) That Joke isn't funny any more - The Smiths 2) Strangers when we meet - David Bowie 3) Letter to Elise - The Cure 4) Silent all these years - Tori Amos 5) Four Sea Interludes - Benjamin Britten 6) Never be Mine - Kate Bush 7) Pure - The Lightning Seeds 8) Olympian - Gene 9) The Beautiful Ones - Suede 10) Gethsemene - Jesus Christ Superstar
fish
Anonymous's picture
*clutches handbag* ...ooooooooooh liana!
Primate
Anonymous's picture
(Hides under the table. Monkeys weren't made for romance methinks...)
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Posting above those two Mississippi was from Liana, saying that she may have left said items at Fishes house after weekend visit. Why am I to be shot Fish ? *says ed, cursor hovering over special "Editor" button that says 'remove cherry from this story'* I was merely trying to balance the scales, having been nasty to Liana this morning in the defamation dispute.
Martin T
Anonymous's picture
Here Goes... not quite in order 1. Undertones...Teenage Kicks 2. Doobie Brothers.....What A fool Believes 3 Sniff'n'the Tears.....Driver Seat 4. Pretenders.....Thin line between Love and Hate 5. Gun's and Roses...Sweet Child of mine 6. Blondie.....11.59 7. REM .....Man on the Moon 8. The Jam.....Smither's jones 9. Coldplay.....Trouble 10. Prince....When Doves Fly Book......Catcher in the Rye..... Luxury item......Kylie Minogue
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Ooooooh that Doobie Bros song was a stonker Martin!! I loved that song........ *thinking "Bugger Primate, will invite Martin onto my island"*
fish
Anonymous's picture
i MIGHT take: 1. elvis costello - i want you 2. barenaked ladies - call and answer 3. orange juice - breakfast time 4. doris day - i could write a book 5. ella fitzgerald - every time we say goodbye (possibly) 6. badly drawn boy - the shining 7. ben harper - another lonely day 8. louis armstrong - what a wonderful world then again i might not ... my book would be: "luxury living on a desert island" my luxury: a pair of soundproof ear muffs in case i end up on the same island as stormy
Liana
Anonymous's picture
*also thinking my huff will have nothing on the huff Storms is going to be in when he sees this thread*
Martin T
Anonymous's picture
Thanks for the invite Liana, can I bring Kylie too ? she won't take up much space.....and I promise I'll pay total attention to you at all times.......
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Bloody good job we didn't all get stuck down that bunker together...
fish
Anonymous's picture
*reminds liana that PRIMATE did not ask to take kylie*
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
S'old age, Missus... I wanna add 'Working Class Hero' Please.

Pages

Topic locked