ABCDID

171 posts / 0 new
Last post
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Mind you, Primate's cow would have come in handy.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
This has gotta be the longest thread ever.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
*thinking this is unlikely with antipodean boobs wibbling and joggling between palm trees* If she sings, yer both off mate. No 2nd chance.
fiver
Anonymous's picture
oh dear
Martin T
Anonymous's picture
Liana I can accept the condition that Kylie doesn't sing.....but I would have to insist, nay suggest, nay lightly hint, that you refrain from singing too, at least until you have auditioned a la "Pop Idol" for all the residents on the Island ...you can sing your rendition of Lady in Red, I will always Love you...and finally your trumphant version of Feelings" after that a tribal council will convene to consult on your performance... Do you accept these terms ?
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Liana - I wouldn't have "Wonderful Tonight" on my island, would not make my top three thousand - I was trying to be nice to poor Stormy. Martin T - "Teenage Kicks" is probably my favourite song, but it didn't really fit my desert island mood. Primate- if you're bringing Kylie, we will need someone who can cook as well - someone who has maybe written some cookery books, maybe a brunette.... ?
fish
Anonymous's picture
primate can cook *hopeful*
pelt my roster
Anonymous's picture
have just remembered why I don't join in list making activities. concedes that wonderful tonight is crap. but I unconciously associate it with a particular event that has fond memories. *curls up in foetal ball as the doc martins of taste put the boot in*
Martin T
Anonymous's picture
Andrew....Kylie's mine all mine....no one else is allowed to have her as a luxury item..........(stumbles off before is ranting attracts any more attention.....)
Eddie
Anonymous's picture
1. For Ramona – God Dylan 2. Dance Me to the End of Love – Leonard Cohen 3. Hold On – Tom Waits 4. Story of the Blues (Shurely ‘Reds’ – Ed.) – The Mighty Wah 5. In My Life – The Beatles 6. Teenage Kicks - Undertones 7. Pioneer – Split Enz 8. Salt, Saliva, Sperm & Sweat (Sooner or Later You’re Gonna Get Wet) -Hugh Reed and the Velvet Underpants 9. Out Of Time – Chris Farlowe 10. Comfortably Numb – Pink Floyd Book: Scanning the Century (Poetry Anthology) Luxury Item: Another island within swimming distance, so I can get away from it all.
Art E. Pharty
Anonymous's picture
Darlings, I agree with you all. Our 80's pop selections are soooo good. I'm glad I wasn't born in an earlier era. fancy having to grow up listening to the glitter band! shudder.
Dino Sore
Anonymous's picture
Yeah, stormy rocks man. I just love his taste. dig me? where's me air guitar
fish
Anonymous's picture
your threats have no effect on me andrew ... *wearing Sack Pack t shirt*
fish
Anonymous's picture
awwww ... stormy ... dont take on so ... terrible taste in music doesn't make you a bad PERSON ...
eric clapped out
Anonymous's picture
my friend stormy actually found the thread highly hilarious and is merely riposting in a light hearted manner
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Dear Art 80's? Most of mine are 90's..... But just for you, here's my age uninidentifiable / non cool top ten 1. Al Green - Aint No Sunshine (glares at Richard) 2. David Bowie - Wild is the Wind 3. Ian Hunter - All the Young Dudes (solo version) 4. Kate Bush - The Man With The Child in his Eyes 5. Bette Midler - The Rose (knows will regret admitting this) 6. Bread - It Dont Matter To Me 7. Rolling Stones - Angie 8. Dionne Warwick - This Girls In Love 9. Foreigner - Cold As Ice 10. Boston - More than a Feeling. I have a feeling my dad has influenced me a fair bit with these. *hastily justifying the dodgier ones above*
Martin T
Anonymous's picture
Nay madam....they seem to have wiped it grom the older threads but there was a longer one.....way beyond 120.....aahhhhhhh memories
Eddie
Anonymous's picture
I have a book of poems entitled 'Nigger' by Labi Siffre. Sad to say, Liana, some of them ...er... rhyme. Labi is currently residing in Wales. He says he loves Wales because people there hate him for being English first, and for being black and gay second. He finds this most refreshing. Remember: A Peugeot 307 isn't just a number. It's a bucket of crap on wheels.
fish
Anonymous's picture
*gawps at liana*
art carbuncle
Anonymous's picture
sorry, I'm not very good with decades.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Old age Andrea? Fer chrissakes I'm hardly used, in mint condition! Well perhaps not 'mint' but excellent working order. If you discount the Arthritis! Oh yes and the bad eyesight. And impaired hearing. Several crowns... Oh sod it.....
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Gawping at me? Doris?
Martin T
Anonymous's picture
what is all this whoc.theplanet.co.uk nonsense ? what the *#~* is going on ?
bolognese woman
Anonymous's picture
the tears of a clown - smokey and the bandits the good the bad n the ugly - bawahwah evry time u go you take a pizza me wiv you - paul jung (making another comeback I see) last tagne in paris - jack noodlesgon long grain running - noodlie brothers george harrison owes me one - ravi olishanker the shells of my mind - the 3 minute specials book: for the man who has everything - penny cillin (translated by louis pasta) lucksherry item: palm and hand cheese
fish
Anonymous's picture
has made me think of the top ten tunes that make you want to kill at family wedding discos ... 1. the birdie song 2. that one that goes ..."whatsa matter you ... hey! ... gotta no respect ..." 3. that one that goes ... "hey ho silver lining .." over to you ...
Liana
Anonymous's picture
The one that goes.....Agadoo doo doo this one......save your love my darrrrrrling, save your love......
fish
Anonymous's picture
don't call me doris!
fish
Anonymous's picture
and what's that one where you have to sit between auntie edie's open legs ... with uncle stan sitting between yours etc. and you have to do a lot of movements including swaying about and leaning forward and back?
stormy
Anonymous's picture
I was trying to think of that one too doris. you have to do rowing motions.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
OOOOoooh thats "oops upside your head" *fond memories of late 70's disco-ing in Skeggy, but never inbetween auntie edies legs.............*
fish
Anonymous's picture
yes ... that one storms ... *shudders* ... the one that has me bolting for the door ... i used to think i was fairly groovy on the old dance floor you know ... but just recently my teenagers have been pointing out that i dance the same way to every thing ... they do cruelly accurate impressions ... *sighs* ... i have turned into An Embarassing Parent and Social Liability ... *horrid visions of that unsteady jigging about on one foot dance my dad used to do ...*
stormy
Anonymous's picture
Argggghhh! can't get the tune out of my head now liana! *admits to also knowing the correct moves for the macarena*
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Black he may be, gay he may be, English he ain't! He may be British but he ain't 'English', there is no such thing as a black Englishman!
fish
Anonymous's picture
*has nasty vision of storms doing birdie dance*
stormy
Anonymous's picture
co-incidentally, I have a photograph taken a couple of years ago in France of a sign outside a cafe. It had a picture of a fish on it with "le doris" written underneath.
fish
Anonymous's picture
*thinking would be excellent for ABC front page*
Liana
Anonymous's picture
*Cant get vision of Storms doing Macarena out of head*
stormy
Anonymous's picture
will have to dig out. may have to use snail mail as still can't this poxy scanner software to work.
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Wears "Ivory is Cruel to elephants" T-shirt. Actually, this is quite technical, but... yes, I think I can go into Ivory's abc set and replace Eating Oranges with 'Soothing Poem about small bird"
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
*Still not getting over "more than a feeling" * Maybe we should hijack this thread into ten records you wish were stranded on a desert island with no record player... *Bread???* Liana's AOR list slightly redeemed by This Girl's in love with you. But you'll have to glare at me as well as Richard on some of those picks.
stormy
Anonymous's picture
I usually mis-time the change of direction jump liana.
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
*finds the mere act of composing "Soothing Poem about Small Bird" so Soothing that loses any will to squabble* Everyone is lovely, I want to flip through Stormy's record collection, perhaps happening upon a slightly scratched and well-played vinyl of "I've been leaving Durham Town' by Roger Whittaker. All is well with the world. Ship poems about Small Birds out into the troubled places of the world, I say.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
And another thing, how come it's alright for a black person to use the word 'nigger' but if a white person uses it it's racist? 'Oh no Mr. Robertson, you can't have a gollywog on your jam jar! It simply won't do, you'll offend all the black people not to mention the politically motivated thought police!' 'Oh that's OK Mr. Sifre, you can call your book 'Nigger' , or 'Spade' or even 'Black Bastard' if you like! It's ok because you're a BLACK MAN, but god help any white man that wants to do it!'
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Andrew GRRRRR l know l know Its like you said earlier, some things are fave because of the memories that they have. A lot of those are as a result of my dad playing music constantly; whilst driving, during those 70's house parties they all had, and on Saturday afternoons in the garden..... And anyway, More than a Feeling is still a great record to drive fast to, on a summers day. *refusing to be sorry*
fish
Anonymous's picture
*stands liana and storms side by side and CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE"
stormy
Anonymous's picture
you have a moustache now Liana?
stevo
Anonymous's picture
the more I read the more I bleed I forgot The Last Supper from JCS and Somewhere over the Rainbow. That has to be there! the street where you live? it goes on, multiplying like rabbits, cross fertilising like a compuer virus music music musicmusic musicmusic music ...
Liana
Anonymous's picture
*snootily* I am the moody one that wouldnt do the macarena if me life depended on it. (sorry storms)
fish
Anonymous's picture
which one said that?
liana
Anonymous's picture
it was him/her/hairylippedone

Pages

Topic locked