bananas

77 posts / 0 new
Last post
bananas

Anyone noticed that if you cut a banana in half it turns into an owl....

.....you have to leave a bit to see the full snowy owl effect ;)

freda
Anonymous's picture
couldn't they make a special forum on abc for foul mouthed or drunken people, where they could say what they liked, and then the innocent would know not to venture there?
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
I think we're already on it Freda.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Shirt. You are known as 'shirt' because you wear lurid 'shirts'. I don't qualify to be known as 'haircut' because I haven't had one since last Boxing Day. I used to be known as 'Ladywriter' or 'Pendragon', but since they have been killed off, along with their writing, by some Kent in C...ish Town (aka tav, I believe), and requests to be resurrected have gone unanswered, I'll have to revert to my old name. You know, the one that is a secret.
hovis
Anonymous's picture
..like I said.......HAS ANYONE CUT ONE IN HALF YET!!!!!!
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
sorry hovis... I'm only a poor student can't afford any bananas I promise to try just a soon as i get a job.... about 3 years okay?
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Oh dear, it seems I may have inadvertently taken my eye off the balls. Now that's a thing I rarely do, but I have to raise my hand and say sorry to his Tavness as I have found my long-lost siblings.
hovis
Anonymous's picture
.....aw can't have that - I'll send you one in the post Vicky - ..... and then it will of course look just like a hedgehog!!!!!!!
hovis
Anonymous's picture
...erm you know....this is by far the longest thread I have ever started... would just like to mention that....
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
ah thanx Hovis... that'll feed me for a week still wondering why we need potasium tho...
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Dear Haircut, The thing about nicknames is that the person they are ascribed to has absolutely no influence or veto over the name or names they are given. If you want to, adopt nommes de plume to your heart's content, but we others will call you whatever we want to. I love you George. Salaryman.
fish
Anonymous's picture
which way do you cut it hovis? longways or across the middle? this is by far the oddest thing i have ever heard you say ...
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Not in front of the children Stephen!
hovis
Anonymous's picture
..Fish you take a banana and cut it in half across the middle and then you look at one cross section bit - the whitey bit...it needs to mature a little tho - leave it for half an hr or more.... agree haven't had an odd moment for a while...but i so like them!!!
hovis
Anonymous's picture
..and potassium...well if I remember rightly I think it's to do with cell metabolism - you need potassium and sodium to get all the fluids exchanging nicely...yum...and so if you is low on potassium the balance tips and you get far too salty!!! and shall I give you a bunch of fives Vicky - that'll keep you going for a least a month!!!!!
stormy
Anonymous's picture
I agree with shirt. shut up haircut.
stormy
Anonymous's picture
ps Hovis, you are now well in the lead vis a vis thread reads.
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Hold on. We're trying it ion the office. Mark's looking for a knife.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I agree with neither of you, shut it stormy.
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
I can't see the owl - it looks like a lobstery, pincery thing. Steve says it's a cowboy Mark reckons it's a moth. We're on different drugs this week.
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Have just seen your post Tony and found your concern quite touching but a large mug of cocoa! what not for me, a large helping of tlc now you are really! talking. All over the flue now Tony and went to a cracking!!! christmas party at the blind club Tuesday some people haven't got a clue about elderly people the place was rocking I was right up there with them even took the mike and lowered the tone by singing "All me life I wanted to be a barrow boy" and even sung the second verse which not a lot of people know because its sung in cockney slang and they loved it, mind you it sounded as if I had had a good few pints haven't been to a great party like that in years took me back to the days when we really knew how to enjoy ourselves they don't even know how to scratch the surface now adays it was a real tonic...
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
E-lec-trical banana, Goin' to be a sudden craze. E-lec-trical banana Goin' to be the very next phase. They call it mellow yellow...... (lie down in darkened room) Wowee man. Smokin'. We is on different drugs this week.
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Did you know that the myth going about in the late sixties about scraping out the inside of banana skins, drying it and smoking it, was started by Santana's drummer, Michael Shrieve?
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
no I didn't.... have you ever tried it?
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
It doesn't work. But a packet of ground nutmeg in a pint of milk makes you seasick.
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
I'm not surprised! It's making me ill just thinking about it. When I was 14 a mate and I tried to smoke grass...... as in...er ...grass (it was May and all the lawns were mowed nicely) Don't try it. Ever.
stormy
Anonymous's picture
... and I bet you had a few gins in it too jay ... (I'm getting to the stage where I feel i have to put a smiley after posts otherwise people think you are being nasty. but I don't want to. sheesh!)
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Stephen, seasick rather than sick? I am intrigued. Nearly to the point of wanting to try it, or more realistically at encouraging someone else to try it while I look on and ask questions. My dad told me about banana smoking the same weekend he told me about trepanning, drilling a hole in your head to make your thoughts clearer and more pleasant. It is a good job that I was a repressed child who didn't do anything on impulse...
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
Was your dad kinda medieval andrew? I thought trapanning was the medieval way to get rid of demonic posession as opposed to the modern way of watching disney films back to back...
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
go on then Kath
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Stephen doubt if this will get seen now but in answer to your thread above which I have only just seen as you seem game to my proposal lets give it our all as I'm sure we will make a great team do hope your singing voice is good as mine is incredible. Cough's to clear throat and say I am allowed a little white lie now and again...
hovis
Anonymous's picture
...and if you cut one down the middle and shove a flake in and stick in the oven it turns into........ a penguin!
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Stormy I can see how you might think that but I don't drink any more but the way I act when I'm enjoying myself everyone thinks I've had a few but my only tiple now adays is water Promise and I have a dam good time on it. Who ever said you can't enjoy yourself without drink just watch me and learn but must!! have music...
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
Birds Eh?
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Jay is on the programme for the next ABC live event. By special request she will sing at least two verses of "All me life I wanted to be a barrow boy". I am looking for a backing track as we speak.
hovis
Anonymous's picture
.. I know Stormy....I never had a thread this long.......someone's gonna stitch me up BIG time!!!!
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
But if you dry the skin and smoke it you just get to feel sick.
fish
Anonymous's picture
you aren't allowed to take bananas into prison in your lunchbox
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Have you done time Fishy?
hovis
Anonymous's picture
i am sooo appreciative i am in slices!
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Andrew, seasick, as you will know if you have ever been it, is a whole different kettle of fish than just plain sick. It's nausea times three with wobbly legs and double vision and a firm belief that you are not going to come back from this hell and be normal again. Trepanning. Well, it goes back at least to the Aztecs who were so successfull at it, despite not having Black & Decker, that some of the skulls that we still dig up today in Central America have had two inch diameter holes bored in them and the bone edges are rounded and largely healed over. which shows considerable life after trepanning. And don't for God sake start Pip Pip on trepanning. Can't remember the details but I think he might have had it done to him.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
And you listen to Mr Leitch? Shame on you Steve.
gail
Anonymous's picture
nor are you allowed to take a banana through customs at the airport. My sister once had a banana confiscated from her luggage. I can't remember whether she took it back from them and ate it on the spot before boarding the plane, or just wished she had.
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
I am allergic to bananas. I come up in a terrible rash.
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
No, Haircut, I do not listen to Mr Leitch and his pleasant flower child nonsense. I did not listen much to Santana either, then or now. (His 21st century efforts rate only slightly above that Dire Straits guitarist whose name I can't spell right now but was the biggest charlatan in soft rock ever to make a buck.) But I knew bananas was a hoax without having to waste time. Trumpet flowers (datura) worked, apparently. Shirt
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Mark Knoppolnoffleeerr is a Charlatan? Do they employ the transfer system in the rock world, when did he join them?
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Dunno. The only Charlatans I know were a second-rate but good hippy band in San Francisco in 1967. Isn't Spelling Error too young for that? Or was there some other band called Charlatans?
Flash
Anonymous's picture
There's a grumpy/moody/scruffy quintet from Manchester(well up north somewhere) called the Charlatans. I can't believe a hip guy like you hasn't heard of them.
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
apparently bananas are an excellent source of potasium but for the life of me i can't figure out why we need any......
mystique
Anonymous's picture
sprouts poetry at you lot. and you're bananas
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Greg Rusdeski used to eat them between sets... and look what happened to him.

Pages

Topic locked