Styx's 'Maxim for the day'.

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Styx's 'Maxim for the day'.

Don't eat yellow snow.

Zappa fan?

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

As a fellow Zappatista it has long been my wish that 'Let's make the Water Turn Black' be the final song played at my funeral. At the Biennale in Venice last week I came across an 'art event' at which you were invited to lie on a large white hospital-style bed and imagine your funeral. At the same time your final song was played very loudly over the speakers. I agreed to do this - it seemed like a laugh - but it was actually quite a moving sensation. You lie there - in death pose, eyes closed, arms folded, legs straight - and listen to the music. You see all your mates and your family watching the coffin and wave a metaphorical goodbye - hoping they will go off and have a fine party but fearing that at least some of them may be feeling a tad sad. Now the version they found was not the great Frank Zappa's but by someone very weird who made it into 'elevator music'. The final words - 'wait till the fire turns green' - suit my sense of humour but clearly were rather too much for some. They came out in a huge heavenly chorus that filled the vast halls of the Arsenale. So, then I 'came to' and there was a crowd all around me. Most of whom had assumed that I was the artist and this was an installation. When I opened my eyes they all jumped back in surprise and looked scared. My wife was killing herself laughing in the corner. But then a pair of americans came up and started lambasting me for my choice of music. I just told them they were no longer invited to my funeral and went on my merry way. Wah Wah. 'The neighbours on the right sat and watched them every night I bet you'd do the same if they was you. Whizzing and pasting and pooting through the day, Kenny's helping Ronnie helping burn his poots away, And all the while on the shelf in the shed, Kenny's little creature's on display...'
What a jolly little tale, TC! Don't s'pose you can remember the name of the artist? (or who organised the 'event') I know someone at my 'Creative Alliance' group who would be very interested in this kind of thing!

I'll look it up in my Arsenale programme tonight at home and let you know. I also got a 'certified death certificate' for participating. I think I shall frame it and put it alongside my life membership certificate for the NUJ. That should confuse people.
Thanks for that, TC! If you have a 'life' certificate and a 'death' certificate, where's your 'undead' certificate...?? "P"

Excuse me whilst I shift this pile of earth - ah, that's better, but my bandages seem to be flapping wildly in the wind....
Pepsoid - I'm pretty sure it was by the Irish artist Gary O'Dwyer. I forgot to check last night but I got a list of the participatns in the Arsenale show and I think it was him!
TC - look what I just found...! http://www.thecentreofattention.org/exhibitions/vtcoa.html (scroll down for photos) Thanks for that, TC, I'll pass it on to the Creative Alliance person... :-) * P * :-)

Topic locked