Glad to see the back of them!

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
Glad to see the back of them!

...my twenties!

I am in the final days - turn THIRTY on Saturday. I am partly amazed that I made it (and almost didn't!) and I am so excited about my thirties which I just know are going to be so much better!

I'm going to Sizewell powerstation as a treat on the day!

My ABC collection...'Metamorphosis Before Thirty' is therefore complete I suppose. I need to think of a name for my new 'General' Container for my prose and poems! any suggestions?!

jude

this saturday huh, you're exactly a year minus one week younger than me

OOoh, enjoy your birthday Jude. I'll be thirty next birthday and am also looking forward to it. Twenties are so last year.
Congrats, Jude! The thirties are, of course, the best... until you hit 40... 'Metamorphosis Before Forty'...? ~PEPS~ “There is no spoon.”

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

that's me alright, always a year ahead of the times

Oooo Jude, you're exactly 32years, 30 weeks & 2 days younger than me! Lucky cow!

Happy 30th jude - and lang may yer lums reek. If you are going down to Sizewell you may pass Bewl Water - we cycled round it on Sunday (takes about 2 and a bit hours) and there's a good pub half way round. You hire the bikes there - got a megasorearse as a result but it was well worth it. Get some exercise with your desire to see nuclear power stations!
happy birthday jude the 30s are ok i guess < shrugs >
Happy birdthay Jude...You're younger than my daughter...Try to stay that way will ya? Visit me http://www.radiodenver.org/

Share your state secrets at...
http://www.amerileaks.org

Happy Birthday Jude! Now, why are you going to spend it at a powerstation? That's the most bizzare thing I've heard in weeks. :)) "You don't need the light of the Lord to read the handwriting on the wall." Copies of Warsaw Tales available through www.new-ink.org
Happy birthday for Saturday Jude, hope you have a lovely day. And re: that name for your new general folder, how about 'Worked in Progress'? Scout
Happy 30th Jude! Remember mine well. I also didn't think I'd make it that far, to this day still don't know how I did it. Spent mine with me best pals in a pub in the New Forest. Wonderful day, me mate brought his kids down from London for the day and they were amazed by the wild horses. nobody
Thank you all. I think Nuclear Powerstations are just beautiful and looking at the photos of Sizewell...it is even more stunning than most. It is on the Suffolk coast so we can get a B and B and explore the surrounding countryside as well! jude "Cacoethes scribendi" http://www.judesworld.net

I don't know you Jude, but happy birthday anyway! Hope you enjoy the thirties. Age is a state of mind on the whole, i find. Some days I still feel 14, others I think I'm about 93.
Whatever floats yer boat, PJ! Be sure and post some pics on your webbie, won't you? You know, I've just realised... (((***duh***))) ...we share the same birthday! I'll be turning 34 on Saturday... Don't think I'll be going to a nuclear powerstation, though... ~PEPS~ “There is no spoon.”

You're 33?!
Yes I am, Fergal. Don't I look it? ~PEPS~ “There is no spoon.”

you sure as hell don't act it I don't know that I'd call a power station beautiful, although they do have a certain majesty avout them. Interestingly there is a very nice pub near Bradwell power station too. I wonder if there is a connection.

>>> you sure as hell don't act it ... Good! I consider that a compliment! ~PEPS~ “There is no spoon.”

Someone as stupid as you would consider a slap round the face with a dog turd a compliment. Bradwell power station is now decommissioned I believe, I guess in 500yrs they'll knock it down!

Have a great birthday Jude. xxx
Happy birthday Jude... well done on getting there. Of course, 40's are where it's REALLY at...

Liana

Of course the shocked exclaimation "I made it" is currently 3 days pre-emptive. Plenty can happen and many a sad-tragic-young death happens in less than three days...in a blinding flash, seemingly instantaneous. I am being pre-emptive and tempting fate as I'm off work and over the green hills and far away on Friday and won't be able to tell you 'I've made it' in real time! jude "Cacoethes scribendi" http://www.judesworld.net

Fortis atque fidelis
I MADE IT!!! and Happy Birthday Pepsoid! jude "Cacoethes scribendi" http://www.judesworld.net

Happy Birthday. 30! Result!
Happeee Birthdaaay!!!
Happy birthday to both of you - enjoy that nuclear power station, jude.
Thanks, we're heading off now...back on Monday. I've decided on 'Viva Pathways' for my new current collection which is the bastardised half-latin version of my friend's suggestion 'Life's Pathways' I'm hoping to bring out a chapbook this year. Can anyone recommend any small presses to approach?

Hope U had a good 'un, Jude! I over-indulged in Cornish mead'n'pasties, & I'm presently suffering for it... :-( ~PEPS~ “There is no spoon.”

Welcome to the other side of the hill, Jude.
Surely not the hill, Hox? Surely just one of them...? :-! ~PEPS~ “There is no spoon.”

Topic locked