Yippee!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yippee!

Not that this has anything to do with literature or world events, but my High School football team won STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!! The little piss ant prosper team beat their rival celina for the first time in 26 years and went on to win state. all in time for my senior year. Ha!

Do you mean football or American football? If the latter then I believe it's that funny little game played in only one country with lots of padding so the little darlings can't hurt themselves. They also seem to have lots of breaks for advertisements. If you mean proper football - then that would really be something. Still - always good when the minnows beat the big guys - so jolly well done all round.
Ha ha, hope Mike's okay with that. "Jolly well done all round" I do not for one minute believe you talk like that Tony! That's like Enid Blyton stuff. I agree though always support the underdog. Craig
Yep it's rugby with padding. Mind you bearing in mind the guy who recently committed suicide who'd become a quadriplegic because of a training ground accident, might well have thought differently about proper protection. Playing rugby I mean!

Which segues nicely into the title of this thread: what's with the eldritch scream of 'yipee yipee yipee' in the Lockets ad..

well, american football. hey, I go for the soccor team (football) and we take the pain so either way it's all good.

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

I'm only taking the mick, as you know.
Topic locked