We are now taking submissions at 2M Magazine.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
We are now taking submissions at 2M Magazine.

2M Magazine

2M Magazine is a PRINT magazine paying $0.01 per word for articles, fiction and $5.00 for poetry author ($5.00 per poem maximum).

We are looking for material in the following categories:

Cover Story - Timely newsworthy items. Maximum word count: 1000 words.

Interviews – Well-known artists, such as Bram Stoker winning authors and World Fantasy Award recipients. Maximum word count: 1200 words.

Featured articles - Spotlight on topics of interest (Obama becoming President, terrorist attacks, political scandal, etc.). Maximum word count: 1200 words.

Literary Arts (Short Stories and Poetry) - We promote a high standard of excellence in our literary arts.

Fantasy - All fantasy (dark fantasy, surrealism, magical realism, traditional fantasy). The worlds and/or fantasy creatures must be believable and well developed. We want to be drawn into your story and left gasping for breath, and when we're done reading, we insist you leave us begging for more.

Horror - Any type of horror pushing toward intensity or fear. Must hit hard and fast. Bottom line: scare us.

Action/Suspense - We want to feel what it's like to disarm the bomb, run for your life, or negotiate the terrorist threat. We want the real thing with vivid images and detailed action; we want to feel our blood boiling and hear our hearts thumping.

We claim first world electronic rights and first world print rights.

Well Living

Health & Fitness – General topics. Maximum word count: 1000 words.

Nutrition - General topics. Maximum word count: 1000 words.

Political Science

Politics – This column is called “The Devil’s Advocate.” We will post two articles from opposing viewpoints in each issue concerning hot topics in politics. We will not endorse ANY political party or candidate, nor will we demean any political party. Maximum word count: 1000 words for EACH article. One article will be from a liberal viewpoint and the other article will take the opposite spectrum from rightwing thinking.

Current Events - Top stories in the news, one each on National and World News. Maximum word count: 700 words.

Finance - Hot topic in the world of finance. Maximum word count: 1000 words.

2M Magazine Submission Guidelines

Detailed guidelines for 2M Magazine can be found at http://darkmythproductions.com/2m/index.html

Short Stories, Articles and Poems - We seek literary quality articles, fiction stories and poetry with emotionally charged writing. Fiction, articles and poems must be exceptionally well-crafted. Stories and poems must encompass the Fantasy, Horror, or Action/Suspense genre. It may overlap. For example, your submission may be a dark fantasy or detective story with dragons. In addition, it may overlap with other forms of speculative fiction or genres. We will consider science horror, dark romance, etc.

We are not interested in graphic violence, gore, sex or foul language for its shock value, especially the vain use of God’s name or f-words.

For fiction short stories, each issue will publish three different genres, each allocated to a different author. Word count for fiction stories must be between 1000 and 1500 words. Submit up to two stories at a time. Single space your stories with an extra space between each paragraph. Each short story must be submitted in its own file. We pay $0.01 per word to each author within 60 days after publication. We will pay via PayPal or by other arrangements if necessary. Submit short stories to the fiction editor. Put “FICTION_SUB_” followed by the abbreviated names of the story in the subject line. Label your Word file like this: 2MFiction_Your Name.

We encourage poetry in any form, including prose poems and traditional forms. For poetry, each issue will try to publish three different authors each one allocated with a 500-word limit. This means we can only publish a few poems. Submit up three poems simultaneously. Use normal spacing for your poem as you would wish it to appear. Each poem should be submitted on its own page, but all your submissions should be in one Word document file. At this time, we pay $5.00 to each poet within 60 days after publication. We will pay via PayPal or by other arrangements if necessary. Submit poetry to the poetry editor. Put “POETRY_SUB_” followed by the abbreviated names of the poems in the subject line. Label your Word file like this: 2MPoetry_Your Name.

Absolutely NO multiple submissions are allowed for featured articles, interviews, well-being articles, vacation hotspots or political articles. Different authors will be used for these categories. Word count for interviews and featured articles is 1000 to 1200 words, all other articles must be between 900 and 1000 words. Single space your articles with an extra space between each paragraph and no indentions. Each article must be submitted in its own file attached to an email. We pay $0.01 per word to each author within 60 days after publication. We will pay via PayPal or by other arrangements if necessary. Submit articles to the general editor. Put “ARTICLE_SUB_” followed by the abbreviated names of the article in the subject line. Label your Word file like this: 2MArticle_Your Name.

We accept poems, articles and short stories year round. Simultaneous submissions are encouraged (only for short stories and poetry), but please let us know as soon as possible if your story, article or poem has been accepted elsewhere. We do not accept previously published works. This includes work appearing electronically that is accessible to the World Wide Web. Stories workshopped on private sites are qualified for submission.

We accept only electronic submissions and your work must be in a Word (.doc) or a Rich Text File (.rtf) file and not embellished with fancy fonts or pictures. Use 12-point Times New Roman font.

Your submission should include your contact information (including a mailing address, as well as your email address), the name(s) of the story, article or poems and the word count for each story and article, word and line count for each poem, and a short bio (100 words or less).

Please do not make additional submissions until you have heard from us on concerning your existing submissions.

Submissions for articles should be sent to the Article Editor at: sbabcock@darkmythproductions.com

Submissions for poetry is closed at this time for issue No. 1. If you wish to submit for issue No. 2 and beyond, sent poetry to tnewbill@darkmythproductions.com.

fiction should be sent to Fiction Editors at:
ajbrown@darkmythproductions.com

Though we try to respond quickly, please allow 2 months before contacting us concerning the status of your submissions.

Please also use the above email address with your questions.

Fiction Editor Links: We suggest you study some examples on the following sites to get a flavor for what we are looking for. Later, you may also examine our archives. Fiction that is indicative of our editors’ positions and interests can be found at

The World Of Myth (link to http://www.theworldofmyth.com/)

Three Crow Press (link to http://www.morriganezine.com/ )

Sonar4 (link to http://www.sonar4ezine.com/aug08.html)

and Silver Blade (link to http://www.silverblade.net)

Poetry Editor Links: We suggest you read the editor’s position on poetry and study some examples on the following sites to get a flavor for what we are looking for. Later, you may also examine our archives.

Raven-Black Dreams, Little Red Riding Hood Beware, Night Shade (link to Liquid Imagination February 2009, http://www.liquid-imagination.com/HomeLiquidVol1Issue2.html)

Drops of Purple Blood, The Deluge, The Puppet, Incantations, Alien (link to Sonar4 Science Fiction and Horror Ezine, August 2008, http://www.sonar4ezine.com/aug08.html)

Nephillium, Stardust in the Gold, Tabukari (link to Static Movement, February 2007, http://staticmovement.com/InvitationFebruaryIssue.htm)

Belle Green aka Theresa C. Newbill is deliciously evil:) tnewbill@darkmythproductions.com I write for a semi-pro print magazine called 2M, published by Dark Myth Publishing, which is also in association with Dark Myth Production Studios (http://www.darkmythproductions.com/). With a growing library of Novels, Comics, and up and coming Feature Films, Dark Myth Production Studios is set to be one of the world's most prominent entertainment companies. Dark Myth's operations are focused in four areas: entertainment, Dark Myth Publications, licensing and publishing. Where Dark Myth Comics handles the production of comic book projects, Dark Myth Pictures is the home of our feature films, DVD/home video and television. Dark Myth Online focuses on the World Wide Web, with original e-zines (at www.theworldofmyth.com - now 2M print magazine) as well as online comics (www.darkmythproductions.com/comics). Its publishing divisions create all characters and plot lines, which continues to expand in the U.S. and worldwide! Dark Myth Production Studios 21050 Little Beaver Rd. Apple Valley, CA 92308 (760) 553-9617 To view my exclusive interview/write up of writer, actor, director, producer and dancer, Eric Schaeffer please purchase a copy of 2M Magazine. I would personally like to thank Mr.Schaeffer for his patience and for this opportunity. To view my choices as poetry editor for 2M Magazine please purchase a copy of 2M Magazine. Works from Russel Bitter, Richard T. Lynch, and Arthur Crow will be featured. and more... Issue 2 of 2M Magazine will have my exclusive interview/write up of Cirque du Soleil's SCHOLAR THE RAPPING OCCULTIST. More details on issue 2 to come... I am a member of The Dark Fiction Guild A Community for Creators of Dark Arts Visit The Dark Fiction Guild I'm also working on doing write-ups and interviews with Heavy Metal Bands for Raginpit International Magazine.(Music Journalist) Affiliated with: Aside from this, I write creatively. My work has been widely published in various print and online magazines and I have received numerous awards for my writing. Everyone should buy these books. I highly recommend them: Michael S. Love's In Symmetry and Scrupulosity. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/In-Symmetry/Michael-S-Love/e/9781424169... http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Scrupulosity/Michael-S-Love/e/978160813... I am affiliated with a major record label and enjoy my work in promotions and distributions. www.dirtymitten.com I do a lot of freelance writing/ghost writing. I have many nom de plumes. I know many people in the entertainment business, most of whom I have the honor of calling my friends. A sample of my work. Written for Raginpit International Heavy Metal Music Magazine and 2M Print Magazine. Theresa Newbill - music journalist Lord is an Australian heavy metal band that is really a mix of styles from all over the world with their own unique spin on it that's hard to quantify exactly. I would say more than anything you can hear a hunger and a drive in Australian metal because the scene there is so small, and to be a cut above anyone else and to make a real go of it you need to be up there with the best in the world or you have no hope of making the leap from small bar band to international touring act. That hunger trickles down from the top tier of international touring acts right through the entire scene. It's that drive that gives the Australian bands a freshness and energy that's lacking in some of the more over saturated markets. With LORD, while they say they’re a heavy metal band, there's much more to their sound than just being under that label. They have the obvious elements of traditional and power metal, but they also mix it in with a good helping of thrash, melodic hard rock, melodic death, and even incorporate elements of things as diverse as prog metal, mainstream rock, AOR and many extreme metal styles. It's that diversity that makes up the LORD sound, so while they are proudly an Australian heavy metal band, they’ve also evolved into something far more broadly than that. LORD was born from the ashes of Dungeon, who were one of the longest running and better-known Australian metal bands. The singer/guitarist of Dungeon was under the name of "Lord Tim" (which is actually more of a joke name than anything else), and he released an album of solo material as a side project in 2003. He disbanded Dungeon in 2005 and started LORD as a proper band rather than a solo project. It was convenient to use that name because they already had an album out, so the name was known, plus LORD is a fairly ambiguous word that can mean a lot of different things to different people, so it suited the diverse sound that they were aiming for. Essentially LORD is Dungeon when you break it all down, but with even more diversity in its style. Dungeon, toured with Megadeth, Opeth, Mayhem, Destruction, Doro, Angra, Edguy... the list goes on. LORD has toured with Nightwish, Queensryche, Nevermore, Gamma Ray, Saxon, and lots more as well. They are very fortunate that their profile makes them one of the go-to bands for promoters to choose as a support to international acts that tour there, and getting the opportunity to tour the world with the likes of Megadeth, Queensryche and Edguy who are some of their favourite bands, and play with incredible musicians like Angra and Opeth is just a fantastic experience. They have also had the great honour of collaborating with members of bands like Doro, Dio, Megadeth, The Poodles and Angra. As the band puts it,” It’s amazing thinking back to when you were growing up and seeing posters of these people on your bedroom wall and then one day you find you're not only just a fan, but you're now a peer that is either touring or collaborating with them. That's a pretty amazing feeling!” It’s a pretty amazing feeling when we listen to their music as well. On A Night Like This is actually a cover of a Kylie Minogue song, believe it or not. It's one of those wacky ideas that they did semi-seriously and it turned out great, and has since gotten national airplay and tens of thousands of plays on their My Space page. It's a cool song and a lot of tongue-in-cheek fun. Rain is one of the more popular songs on the Ascendence album, with a very Queensryche kind of vibe. It's possibly the most ballad-like song on the album but when it gets to the middle section, it becomes quite heavy. The bands says,” It's a challenge to play live but very satisfying and I think we'd get lynched if we ever stopped including it in the live set.” Footsteps In The Sand is another mainstay of their live set. The lyrics are about deja vu and precognition, with a discussion asking if destiny is already mapped out and we're just following "footsteps in the sand", or if there are infinite possibilities and paths to follow. The band says,” This song is great to play live because there's a big Iron Maiden-esque sing along part in the middle that always gets a great reaction.” Reborn has so much cool stuff in there - dozens of guitars, hundreds (literally) of vocal tracks, orchestras, choirs... you name it - and because it tells the story of the demise of Dungeon and the birth of LORD, it's very symbolic. As for Last Rites, the subject matter is fairly thought provoking and it goes through a wide range of movements and themes to tell the story. One thing everyone says about LORD is that even if they're not particularly a fan of their style of music, they still enjoy the performance. The band likes to put on a show rather than just standing there and playing their instruments. There's a lot of crowd interaction, lots of jokes and crazy stage moves. People can see they’re having a great time on stage and not taking some of the stuff they do too seriously, but all the while actually managing to play the complex material they have on their albums. LORD has the following albums out: A Personal Journey (2003, remastered and re-released in 2005 when LORD became a proper band), Ascendence (2007), Hear No Evil EP (2008) and 2009 will see their new album Set In Stone released. There's also been a limited edition live album called Live At The Metro (recorded live in late 2006, released 2007). They tend not to count A Personal Journey as a "real" LORD album, although they’re still proud of the material on there and play some of it live, so as far as evolution goes they would say it starts with Ascendence. That in itself was a continuation on from Dungeon's style and was very much a transitional album between the more straight ahead heavy metal sound Dungeon had into the more adventurous sound that LORD was developing. That continues on into Hear No Evil where there's more of a blend of elements like thrash and mainstream rock into the core heavy metal sound, and Set In Stone is more diverse again, and the most ambitious project that they've done yet in both LORD or Dungeon. The band is currently putting the finishing touches on their new album, Set In Stone, which should be due out this year. You can expect a couple of video clips and possibly a limited edition DVD sometime this year as well, and then they plan to take a much needed break from writing/recording until 2010 sometime because it's been absolutely non-stop tour/record/tour/record for the band since it was formed. They’d also like to concentrate on touring and recharging their creativity before they tackle the next one, and given the high mark they are setting themselves with Set In Stone, I think they’re going to have a tough act to follow. No tour dates in the US yet, unfortunately, but they are working on international dates at the moment. Hopefully that'll take them to the US sometime in early 2010 if all goes well and their distribution is in place. For all of LORD’S tour dates, the best place to check them out is on their My Space page: http://www.myspace.com/lordaus They’re just about to embark on an Australian and New Zealand tour in a week, and they’re adding more national and international dates as they get confirmed. You can get LORD (and Dungeon) albums at their online store: http://store.lord.net.au and you can also legally purchase MP3s from the Hear No Evil EP from places like iTunes, Rhapsody, Napster, etc. Modern Invasion is the Australia label that released A Personal Journey and Ascendence. Soundholic is the label that released Ascendence in Japan. From Hear No Evil onwards, LORD has been and will be released through Dominus Records, which is their own label. They’ve chosen to go that route to give them more control over their product and marketing, and they’re arranging distribution and sub-licensing for territories around the world.
I look forward to your poetry submissions:)
please support www.dirtymitten.com :)
I don't think so.
Suit yourself:) :P All my love, Hell's Belle:)
Topic locked