Musical Plagiarism.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Musical Plagiarism.

I was working on the computer with a musical channel on TV, and Katie Perry's E.T. came on and I had to stop. I know I've heard this tune before I thought, and suddenly I remembered - TATU's Everything She Said. I went to YouTube and played it and to these-tone deaf ears I thought they are very much alike. Play them both and tell me what you think. Remember George Harrison's My Sweet Lord and The Chiffon's He's so fine? It went to court and The Chiffons won.
Is it accidental? I've seen and heard people repeat things I've written on here, of course people can have the same ideas but how accidental is it?

It's probably not accidental, because it's almost impossible for two supposedly unrelated pieces, whether they're music or writing or whatever, to be so similar by accident. The similarity might be due to unconscious plagiarism, though - but surely someone must have pointed that out.
Guys if you want to hear the most amusing and blatant act of plagiarism then just google Rolf Harris plagarism and the good news is that Rolf won - it really is astonishing