My First Novel, after 105 short stories..!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
My First Novel, after 105 short stories..!

Tony Cook said I should put this on your forum ... it serves him right..!

About your next London meeting... I'd love to be there, as a Londoner myself, but it's not easy, when I'm living down here in Vienna, Austria. However,my first novel, POINTS OF VIEW, aimed at the Young Adults and General Readers markets, was published this month in California, by ETERNAL PRESS, and is now available in eBook and paperback versions from Amazon etc. etc. When you're in their website, just enter POINTS OF VIEW, Thorne in their books search space for more about it.

Meanwhile: In POINTS OF VIEW, the hero is a young blind young Londoner, Horace Mayberry, who occasionally experiences vivid dreams, involving his memories of spy comics and the thrillers he enjoyed reading before he lost his sight. Over the years he visits many eye doctors but none of them can help him Then soon after his eighteenth birthday, a famous eye surgeon fits him out with prototype nanotronic eyes. They contain intelligent nanophytes which are able to develop various functions to assist in whatever awkward situations the owner might happen to experience.

Horace is soon recruited into a secret government agency as an assistant to an experienced agent and embarks on a series of adventures, including being abducted twice by an international gang of crooks. The chief villain, Rudolph Beckman, who employs a trio of henchmen to do his bidding, is an international billionaire financier after the secrets of the laboratory where the surgeon developed the nanotronic eyes.

Each risky situation Horace encounters causes his eyes to develop something new to help him and his mentor to escape from various tricky adventures. These include a raid on Beckmann’s mansion to hack into a computer and, after being abducted a second time, his escape from an executive jet taking him overseas. With each adventure his introvert personality begins to evolve, and his dreams become more imaginative. They also begin to reflect his anxieties about his future performance as an efficient secret agent.

The exciting finale covers an attack by the two agents, backed up by a new weapon developed by Horace’s eyes, plus a Spanish SWAT team, on the crooks hideout in Tenerife!

Author's note: I'm now about half way into the first sequel... move over Harry Potter..!

www.tonythorne.com (with more news and a prize winning competition!)

Congratulations...
Congratulations Tony, all the best.

New cavalcaderl many congratulations,too Tony. julie
Congrats Tony! I wish you all the best with your adventures in literature.

Natalia :)