A film and a thank you

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
A film and a thank you

I wanted to put this up yesterday before Tony stepped down but never managed it so now I will try to say what I wanted to say yesterday.  Tony had an enquiry from someone wanting to make a short film of one of my stories and although delighted I would not have had a clue what to do but Tony very kindly offered to act for me.  He did it so well and I was amazed by how he went about it.  Although, as Tony said, there is probably no money in it, nevertheless, he covered every angle and asked questions that I would never have dreamt of.  The upshot being that the person agreed with what Tony suggested and gave him all the information that he asked for. So, I sincerely hope that although Tony has now stepped down he will get to see this as I wanted to publicly thank him for all his help.

Moya 

Way to go Moya.  My heart thumped when I heard about this the first time round and (thankfully) it's still thumping now.  Beautiful, fairytale news.

Thanks Peter,

It will happen or it won't but still I am grateful to Tony for all his help.  I would probably have said all the wrong things and not asked the right questions so Tony's input was invaluable.

Moya

How wonderfully, wonderfully exciting! I guess you can't give all the details yet, but can't wait to hear more as time goes by. Congratulations!

Hello lisa h

Thank you for your kind wishes but I'm not getting too excited.  Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Moya

Marvellous news, Moya. Agree with scratch - fairytale news, you're The Queen of Words. Couldn't have happened to a better chick. Glad Tony's guidance and wisdom helped make it happen smoothly. Will watch this space and keep letting out small pig-like shrieks. 

Hello Vera,

Thank you too for your good wishes but I'm keeping my feet firmly on the ground.  I've nailed 'em to the floor!

Moya

I'm happy for you, Moya. You are a star, dear one.

Hugs to you,

Rich

Hello Rich,

Thank you too.  I appreciate your good wishes.  You betcha sweet patoutie, I do!  See what you have done to me.  Glad to see you are still wading through the book.  Think of it as homework on how not to write a book.  Make copious notes because there will be questions.

Moya

congratulations - what exciting news! 

Hello insert,

It's down to you really.  I acted on your suggestion to write another story using the character you liked so much.and it's the second story that the chap is interested in so my thanks must go to you as well as to Tony.

Moya

Amazing news - what a vote of confidence - well deserved. I do find your stories conjure great pictures in my mind so I can see one transferring to the screen very successfully. Congratulatons! 

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your kind comments.  I'm glad my stories create pictures in your head.  I wish they did in mine.  My only worry is that the chap might ask me to play the God awful mother.  There's no chance I will be asked to play the girlfriend.  First age and then she's stick thin and then on top of that she has...appetites!

Moya    

Could be the start of a screenwriting and acting career! 

Congratulations and good luck with the project, Moya.

Hello Hulsey,

Thank you for your good wishes.  I'm just pleased people are reading this so they know the extent of the help Tony has given me and probably has done similar for many people using this site before he stepped down.

Moya

I've already congratulated you Moya, but a bit more praise never hurts!  Fantastic, great news.  You deserve all this and more!  Looking forward to the results Love

Linda

Hello Linda,

Thank you once again for your good wishes.  I just hope it materialises but I'm not holding my breath.  No, that sounds too pessimistic.  I'll change that to 'Oh my God! I'm so excited!'  Actually that is just how I feel.  I sort of  oscillate between the two.

Moya

Yes, this is great news, Moya! I can't wait to see the end product. Well-deserved congratulations!

Luke

Hello Luke,

How nice of you to take the trouble to comment on my thread when you must be so busy with the site and with the second critique session, which incidently I am really looking forward to.

Thank you once again,

Moya