The Heatwave of 2018

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Heatwave of 2018

Much as I love the summer, I am unable to cope with this year's heatwave.  Never mind staying out of the sun during the hottest times of the day, the nights are equally humid and I cannot sleep, although I open all my windows and leave my swivel fan on.  I am at my wit's end and don't know what to do.

Hi Prettypolly, I know exactly how you feel. Luckily me and my partner are retired. I feel so sorry for those that have to work in this weather.

I keep a cold wet flannel beside my bed at night, wiping my face and body down does help. Also getting up and sitting outside in the garden at night gives me a break from the heat.

I do hope you manage to find some way of keeping cool.

Jenny. 

I feel grateful that it's not as bad here as in some places, with the dreadful fires in Greece and a national emergency in Japan.  But yes, it is horrible at night.   There just doesn't seem a breath of air anywhere.  No ideas for remedies - I have a cold shower before I go to bed but that's of limited benefit.  I like Jenny's idea of a night time trip into the garden, for those of us who have one!