Sweet Sixteen

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sweet Sixteen

my oldest son is sixteen today ... awwwww ... i have cheerfully instructed him to rush out immediately and have sex but i think he is planning to legally buy some cigarettes ... he's got a new swanky electro-acoustic guitar and i am gritting my teeth and not even complaining about him playing his led zep cd at the breakfast table ...

we have some birthday treats planned ... yes! ... we are going to the tip ... also he has ordered me to go out tonight and not come back ... he has invited a number of oafs (oaves?) round tonight for some beers ... dare i?

Andrea
Anonymous's picture
And so is your huge... Probably.
chant
Anonymous's picture
"April is the greatest month." you haven't been reading your TS Eliot, Ari. *Chant is thinking Fish will need a monstrous abacus to calculate her age with.*
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
*Andrea's thinking Chant is dead meat*
Ari
Anonymous's picture
nice one Chant, you've taken the heat off me! You should watch your mouth, you know how nasty these old folks can get
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
april is a wonderful month for a birthday...it's mine on Saturday 6th April, I will be reaching the grand old age of 37.... ummm fish....how old are you on the 18th ?
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
The cruellest month indeed.
donignacio
Anonymous's picture
It's everyone's birthday in April!! Mine's not, though. (Nov 17)
fish
Anonymous's picture
liana and marty ... as you VERY well know ... i will be thirty EIGHT on the 18th OF APRIL ... but by other methods of calculation i am in fact only 34 ...
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
*sniggers with liana*
Liana
Anonymous's picture
*titters delightfully and pins on large badge saying 37 and holding*
fish
Anonymous's picture
*feels pleased with own evident maturity*
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
*wonders if counting rings is reliable means to verify exact maturity* *additionally notes that "rings" refers to telephone, not tree*
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Holding WHAT, exactly, Liana?
pognophobe
Anonymous's picture
on grimly, andrea....
Hoxtoneye
Anonymous's picture
It's my birthday on April 11th. Will not be 38. Will not be thirty-anything. Might treat myself to a Saga "Golden Years" holiday and a prostate examination. Still, apart from the hair, at least I'm not exhibiting too many signs of aging ...... zzz [snip - Fingers] what? It's my birthday on April 11th. Will not be 38. Will not be thirty-anything. Might treat myself to ..................................
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Now look what you've gorn and done...
Hoxtoneye
Anonymous's picture
How did that happen? It's gone off the end of the screen
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Oh charming Mr(s) Pognophobe..... I am not holding on grimly.. i am running free, unfettered by age and wrinkly whatsits, in my new jeans embroidered with butterflies and flowers.. (didnt i wear these before in the 70's?) Hrm.... maybe should be taking Fishs advice and acting my age.... and Hox, you naughty man, what have you done to the thread????
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
You need less sleep, obviously...
Hoxtoneye
Anonymous's picture
The zzzzzzzz's must have done it. Quick, phone a plumber.
e-griff
Anonymous's picture
my daughter was born in April, and she's still here. my auntie was born in april, and she was in the Guiness book of records - its like but not strictly, beer. I like my daughter best But my auntie was on 'Blue Peter' last year! Should I fear? Feeling queer. Bye
Hoxtoneye
Anonymous's picture
If I remember my old programming days correctly, I will be 1 1 0 0 0 0 in binary.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
30 something mr gardiner? *holding my sides*
Tom Saunders
Anonymous's picture
I've never known anyone born in April until now. Nearly all my friends were born, like me, in August an interesting fact if you believe in astrology (I don't). Jean was born on March the 1st, which is pretty fishy.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
thought september was the most popular month to be born.. parents having had a merry christmas and all that...
munchkin
Anonymous's picture
merry christmas...? aah..thats how i happened...
Eddie
Anonymous's picture
Happy Birthday fishling! Can't wait 'til fishwife reaches foxy* forty**... all those naughty f's. *not that she isn't foxy now. **many years from now (he added, hastily).
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Okay Liana, Let me come clean. I am way past my thirties. I have to confess to being [snip - Fingers] years old, without a word of a lie.
Stormy's Minder
Anonymous's picture
april 18 also happens to be my boss' wedding aniversary. or did he mean weeding? I dunno, it's been ages since he mowed the lawn or used the electric trimmer on his wife's bush.
fish
Anonymous's picture
update: have just returned home from chum's to find all is mostly in order ... some laughing oafs remain ... there are a lot of empty bottles ... number 2 son has thrown up in the sink ... but no police cars ... no irate neighbours or ambulances ... and no damage to any plants ... phew ...
donignacio
Anonymous's picture
I don't know where they speak bianary, Hoxtoneye, but 110,000 is pretty darn ancient in any language. (Programming days, eh? You must be the guy that programs those world-destructive cyborgs...or maybe you're one...)
HoxtonBorg
Anonymous's picture
We are ABC. You will be assimilated into the threads. Resistance is futile.
Ari
Anonymous's picture
18 days! And due to an unfortunate trick of genetics, DESPITE MY TENDER YEARS, I am already going grey
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Are you Ari? I'm not. *looks smug*
Ari
Anonymous's picture
But I've been told that it looks really sexy *looks smugly back*
Liana
Anonymous's picture
oh sweety... im afraid its a lie.... to make you feel better if its from a friend, or, to get you into bed, if its from a bloke.... :o)
Ari
Anonymous's picture
say what you like Liana, I know it looks good :-p I actually had a total stranger stop me on the street and ask me where I got it done
Liana
Anonymous's picture
soon you'll be looking 37, and then you can be secure and confident!! It'll happen!!
Ari
Anonymous's picture
But not for many a year yet, I might add
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
I think silver is MOST fetching and distinguished, don't you, L? Not that I AM silver, I hasten to add...
Liana
Anonymous's picture
thats my eldest daughter on the front page photo today..... shes 12 now, mind you..... if anything will give me grey hair, she will.....
Ari
Anonymous's picture
See Liana, Andrea thinks silver hair is sexy *feels vindicated*
Ari
Anonymous's picture
my younger brother is 16 in fifteen days. Last time he had friends over he got them all drunk and they threw up on the carpet. He attempted to clean it up with neat bleach, before leaving mum a note on the kitchen table saying: 'Mum, Daniel and Dave threw up on the carpet. Have cleaned it up to the best of my abilities. Both v. embarrassed. Don't bring it up. Love Matt.' I was the only one who laughed at the pun
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Well, at least he's got taste, Fishcake - it could have been Kylie *ducks*. ...and they COULD be oafesses and getting up to all sorts of unsavoury activities with illegal substances, fallen wimmin and suchlike... Count yer blessings, I say. Alternatively, pop over here for the day. Pop pop.
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
i am silver though....*feels sexy*
fish
Anonymous's picture
well i'd love to andrea ... but could the nation stand another royal bereavement so soon?
Liana
Anonymous's picture
and indeed you are, dear marty
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
Of course I had a cider fiasco when I reached my sixteenth. Like many boys. Fish, prepare for the worst, it could be messy. Ralph
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
and be thankful he is not playing anything from that new musical genre, pip pop.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
..or even cringe...

Pages

Topic locked