Perfect Set

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Perfect Set

The best novels I've read are those which are easily adaptable. To picture the scene is very important. So when writing try to picture it and if you find it easy to picture so will your readers making it enjoyable for all.

Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
When you say adaptable, do you mean adaptable for TV or film? If so I cannot agree. Some novels work because of the visualisation thing but others are cerebral and just as good for it. Take 'The Girl With the Pearl Earring' for example - an excellent book that will no doubt make an excellent film one day. Also take 'Breakfast of Champions' - another wonderful book but completely unfilmable. I'm sure there are thousands of great novels that only take place inside someone's head. Help me out here - give me some examples!
Henstoat
Anonymous's picture
Err...I bought the film of 'Breakfast of Champions' for "£2.50 in Tesco, Tony. I have to say though, I've had it nearly six months and still haven't watched it, so greatly am I dreading the experience. It's got Bruce Willis in it! Thankfully not playing Kilgore Trout. Also stars Nick Nolte, who plays the protagonist in the (apparently very good,) film adaption of Mother Night.
Topic locked