Blackhorse Road

80 posts / 0 new
Last post
stuart
Anonymous's picture
If anybody's going past a Subway could you get me a Veggie Delight. No onions, no sweetcorn, plenty of mayo? Cheers.
flash
Anonymous's picture
I've just had beans on toast.
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
The NHS, the BBC, spam, black pudding and marmite are all wonderful things. I admit that the first two could do with improvement but as concepts they are magnificent and we should do all we can to protect them. The best things about the UK are its incredible tolerance, sense of decency and fair play. We spend far too long knocking ourselves when she should celebrate these things. I watched a TV show called 3 non blondes the other night. It basically involves these three black women going around doing ridiculous things in the street. What came across was how fantastic was the people's response - they tried to help, tried to understand, tried to be kind. And Blackhorse Road in Exeter is the home of the Black Horse public house - an establishment of dubious reputation in the 1970s where I spent many a long hour making sticky things out of the inside of fag packets and throwing them up until they stuck on the ceiling. I'm sure that's what Stuey was referring to.
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
balckhorse road? i thought it was in finsbury park, but it isn't there is a blackstock road....i was on a bus last night, had a wondeful sleep, from finsbury park all the way to whitechapel... only downer, i was supposed to get off at clapton, half way, i could have done with one of those stickers the railway companies were promoting a few months ago, telling other passengers where you need to be woken up...
flash
Anonymous's picture
Marchy and Sabelle what does it feel like to live in the same city as the magnificent Stuey. Stuey do you still have a northern accent or have you developed a cockaknockaknee accent, you know bended knees instead of cheese or oxo cube instead of the tube, that sort of thing.
flash
Anonymous's picture
I once fell asleep on train returning home from Bedford So i fell asleep in Bedfordshire, isn't that funny?
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
my dad used to say to me when it was time to go to bed time to go up the wooden stairs to bedfordshire so yes i found that funny.....
stuart
Anonymous's picture
I still have my Lancs/Scouse hybrid. Although I have started pronouncing bastard as 'barrstud'. What accent have you got. You.
Jay
Anonymous's picture
They have got a pub in Sidcup, "not many people know that"... Can't remember who on TV or whatever always used that line so if someone knows please! enlighten me
marchioness
Anonymous's picture
has this turned into the thread about 'funny sayings', probably the Erics or somebody... Google Schmoogle Stugle. You've found snooch to the nooch!, the fanlisting that celebrates two funny and talented actors, Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith...Pah. the fact that he lives in Brixton makes me feel better. (is this a be horrid to each other day?)
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Oh Sorry I forgot the pub is called The Blackhorse 10 out of 10 if anyone guessed what I forgot to write...
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
i used to have a west country accent no i just sound dead hard
stuart
Anonymous's picture
People who do impressions of Michael Caine always say 'Not a lot of people know that.' But I don't think he actually said it in the first place.
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
he also didn't say don't you throw that spear at me
flash
Anonymous's picture
Marchy if we're going to be horrid to each other i'm not playing. Stuey where i live they say i speak like a snob, but in the surrounding market towns they say "Youw speek loike a Jock" and mention Sean Connery, i left Scotland in 1964 when i was two yrs old, so how i've managed to keep my Scottish accent is beyond me. I thought scousers said Bastid instead of the queens english alternative.
stuart
Anonymous's picture
But he definitely said 'you where only supposed to blow the bladdy doors orf!'
flash
Anonymous's picture
Yes but what film did he say it in?
stuart
Anonymous's picture
The Italian Job. Perhaps the worst movie ever made in Britain.
flash
Anonymous's picture
This is quite a popular and diverse thread, i wonder where it will go next? i might pop back later.
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Stuart good on yer for being so right as I hate things that pray on ones mind so a big!! thankyou to you...
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Flash won't accept might!>>>>just do it ok!!!!
marchioness
Anonymous's picture
i wasn't being horrible i was just thinking that stuward wavers between being nice and being a bit not nice. i thought it was his not nice day. whereas you my dear Flashy are just nice. can't believe stuey is 42ey.
stuart
Anonymous's picture
I'm always nice. I'm Smiley Stuold of the Genial Diss. I'm afraid I'm not 42. I fibbed. So tell me about yourself marchioness, flash, martin_t and whoever else. What do you really want to do with your life? What are you doing now? Do you hang around any other scsi web places?
marchioness
Anonymous's picture
had a feeling you were lying. erm is that not meant to be part of a new thread? well as i'm ever bored with my ever boring job i will tell you. i really want to do something interesting...i thought it was writing (journalism) i've got a half baked pie job in that field which i hate so i'm thinking of becoming a counsellor (hahaha) no really i've got a Psych degree (joint with English) so..it's a possibility... what's a scsi web place? (humour me) i would ask all that of you Stuold but i dare say you'll just LIE which is sooo yaaaawnnnnn.
stuart
Anonymous's picture
SCSI (Small Computer Sytems Interface) is pronounced 'Scuzzy' by us Old Skool 'puter gimps. Course it's all USB this and USB that these days with you young uns. marchioness. Isn't that the boat that sank on the Thames? I may have asked this before.
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
you're 34 aren't u stuey? i'm drifting through a temporary job at the moment, unsure of what my next step will be...pretty bored as well i've had about 10 years of working in social housing, sort of drifted into that as well.... and yes i hang out at other web places ,not sure what scsi means tho... guardiantalk, i've seen u on there stuey..... and urban75 oh and stuey, i work in pimlico, and you being a government wallah probably work fairly close lets have a drink.... ralphie could come we can see how slim he's claiming to be.....
stuart
Anonymous's picture
Man, where did you pop up from Dartflirt? Have you been luking? Are you an honourary member of the Silent Floating Pod People of the Genial Diss?
marchioness
Anonymous's picture
yes i am the boat (that was full of models) that sank in the thames. actually wasn't even thinking about that when i made it my username. oopsie. obviously has other connotations though (you know strong woman yadda yadda) stuey will never reveal his age i fear. i don't hang out in other scsi places. it's bad enough i'm addicted to this. notice you didn't invite me to drinks. sniff sniff. actually cancel that if you're all nearing 40 or over i'm not interested. hahaha. Ralph i hear you're doing the Birbeck cert course...am i right?
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
you are of course very welcome, marchioness i hear stuey is charming in real life....

Pages

Topic locked