my poems that don't rhyme

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
my poems that don't rhyme

ok i have just written this and it's my first ever non-rhyming poem!! what do you all think?

She Just Keeps on Walking

The broad highway outstretches as far as can be seen,
And the hectic people frantically pace up and down just doing their business,
But within all this space the hopeless girl just carries on walking,
With no aspiration and no real future ahead of her,
She just carries on wandering around the streets,
Back to the hovel from which she originated,
Only seeing as far as her own miserable life,
She is blind to all the opportunities that there in the world,
Because she dosen’t know any different to what she has already witnessed,
Then there is a mighty gust of wind and she pulls her thin jacket tightly around her,
Embracing herself as if she is the only thing that she has,
She carries on walking through the litter; through civilization,
And dosen’t even turn her head to catch a glimpse of the latest designer shop as she knows that there is nothing there for her,
She just carries on walking; as if on a helpless treck to nowhere,
She turns into an alley, sees a small tabby cat… and smiles,
Because she dosen’t know any different to what she has learnt on her journey through life so far,
And as I look down on her from my fortunate position in heaven,
I think,what a wasted opportunity the life of that poor girl is,
Because I know that the spirit of every person has a chance to see what is beyond their own existence.

miss.jda
Anonymous's picture
thank you so much! it really refills my hope when someone says something like that! thanks so much, i will definitely stick around! lol:)
stormy
Anonymous's picture
Stick around by all means but if you continue to demand attention to your work by posting it here and not as it should be posted, you will soon find that everyone will ignore you. Thanks for telling me how busy you are in justification of why you can't use this site properly. It's irrelevant. You have clearly mis-understood my point. Perhaps, I suggest, deliberately so.
Jeff Prince
Anonymous's picture
Why not post them in sets on the website?
miss.jda
Anonymous's picture
FINE THEN PEOPLE..... i will not post any more poems on the message boards. next time i post a poem it will be in what you all consider the normal way to do so. if it will prevent ww3 occuring (which i think it will by the looks of things) i am all for it,ok? it ,might be a while though because as i have recently made you all aware of, i am a very busy person. thanks to all the friendlier people anyway :)
The Devil Bob R...
Anonymous's picture
Chin up, miss.jda!
Liana
Anonymous's picture
__''' |_o| |__|''' ''' *slamming door emoticon*
The Devil Bob R...
Anonymous's picture
[-] ;-) *chin up while balancing a glass of scotch on your head emoticon*
miss.jda
Anonymous's picture
hehehhehehehe bless ya both! S: )
stormy
Anonymous's picture
result!
miss.jda
Anonymous's picture
result? do you think that this is some kind of sick game or something?
Jasper
Anonymous's picture
Miss ja As this is the ABCtales writing discussion board, and your work was here before they have to think about its source (ABCTales), the chicken or the egg doesn't matter now.....semantics defined.....so welcome to the snake pit! It's a strange world when one can't simply ask for an opinion...yes? Anyway, for one so young, I admire your courage........and I like you work! And maybe the arrogant SOB's here should read you work before they open their venomous little mouths.........QUOTE: "Because I know that the spirit of every person has a chance to see what is beyond their own existence." (miss ja) I think they fell on their own swords...don't you? Very well done young lady! Now then, may I help you put this into verse while they run off and lick their wounds? Respect Jasper
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I doubt anyone will take much notice of you Jasper, they aren't SOB's and they also don't start 6 threads a day either.
Jasper
Anonymous's picture
"Gee whiz, Forrest...We're in the presence of a literary genius!" "NN N NN Nahhh.....it's all those over-ripe bannas we ate night, Dorothy." Run Forrest, Runnnnnn.......He's onto us!" Can you see what Mississipi achieved here when he opened his mind to read a little, Miss Ja........Geee, he almost made a proper sentence......Wow! We're going to teach him to write on real paper next.......we just have to pay for the operation to sugically remove his mouth from his anal tract! But remember Miss Ja, Cheshire Cats are as over-rated as is illectual property...and I have no respect whatsoever for mollycottled old corpses either! So just write young lady.......ignore them.....you have hope....he doesn't!
Jasper
Anonymous's picture
Oops.... Intellectual property, Miss Ja...we are all fallible?
Jasper
Anonymous's picture
Oh yes, and I purposely left out "LAST" in the second line so Mississipi would have something very familar to reflect off.....to make him a little more comfortable, so to speak. I hope I didn't leave anyone else out?
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Honestly? It looks like prose, broken up. Jda, do you read any poetry at all? I ask, solely because it's such an important thing ... take a look at word control, phrasing etc. Well done on giving this a go, keep practising. Your love of writing will stand you in massively good stead mate.
miss.jda
Anonymous's picture
in fact Liana, i dont read any poetry! i only write it, the thought of "reading" it has never entered my head! Maybe i should start... this would broaden my views, skills and even vocab. Also, could you explain what you meant in more detail because im really interested now, thank you :)
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Ahhhh... you MUST read some :o) One of my bookcases is taken up solely with poetry books - I read and read and read. Sometimes it inspires me, sometimes it makes me feel like never writing another line in my life... try reading some aloud, see how it sounds - listen to how the words balance out, do the lines sound over long, is there any pace, or rhythm?... test words out, roll them around. Try saying what you want, in as few words as possible. And READ!!! Try some of the poetry on the sites last 100 entered for a start - some of it is brilliant. Have a look at ivoryfishbones stuff, or look at Fays work.. or britgrrl, or Hen - rokkitnite. And stormy - all these are excellent poets and worth a good look.
miss.jda
Anonymous's picture
ok then! i will definitely try that :)
Hen
Anonymous's picture
Don't forget to look at Liana's own stuff as well while you're at it! I started writing poetry before I properly read any. Don't know why it happens.... especially considering the godawful career prospects. But yeah, reading it makes such a difference.
alumbloom
Anonymous's picture
Didn't like this. The only reason being is that it didn't provide me with food for thought. I just saw this unhappy girl walking around smiling at cats and you sitting on a cloud saying "c'mon love - can't all be that bad." Maybe she needs councilling or something. Maybe a nice young man or a holiday abroad.
miss.jda
Anonymous's picture
do you know what??!! thats actually really strange that you say that because a person who i kno inspired me to write this and you have just described her exactly! ehehehehheh thank you all for the comments, i'll consider everything :)
miss.jda
Anonymous's picture
oh yeah! by the way, im only 14 too! maybe this makes a difference to your opinions..... :)
stormy
Anonymous's picture
Not to me. I think you need to work much harder if, as you claimed earlier, you have been recommended to study Eng. Lit. at degree level - a strange claim since my Oaf (15) yesterday acheived A* in his GSCE English mock but has had no such rec. apart from being encouraged to study 'A' level. btw, writing rhyming poems counts for what percent of your GSCE? That's twice you have mentioned your age, jda. Perhaps you are not what you seem? What other GCSE subjects will you be taking next year and how do you think you will fare in them? Sorry if you think I am changing the subject but if you can't be bothered to use the site properly, I can't be bothered to stick to the subject.
miss.jda
Anonymous's picture
i work as hard as i can you know? i have so many priorities, such as learning turkish so i can actually speak to my family who live in turkey, how would that feel to you? i mean do you know what it's like to not be able to speak to the only relatives that you have... so, when i do get a break out of my hectic lifestyle i usually try and learn a few extra words or phrases. Also, as you know (which i have stated "twice" earlier) i am only 14 and you have probably gathered that i am working very hard on lots of coursework for not only english but also my other subjects. I also have lots of younger brothers and sisters who can't all be looked after by one person, so i help my mother and father too. And along with homework and other things such as a relaxation period (which i am entitled to) i have no time whatsoever to study poetry, however much i'd love to. So considering i am a young girl who has no real experience in writing i think that my poetry is quite good and in fact i have been advised by two different english teachers that my writing does have "flair" to it and that i have a natural talent which i must make something of otherwise it would be a wasted opportunity in my life. And in case, you have wrongly interpreted what i am trying to say, i am very broad minded and will take your opinion into account and i would actually love to improve my writing because i enjoy it and it's something that i can really call my own. It also allows me to express my true feelings in a mature and reasonable way without having a temper tantrum or teenage fit as most girls my age would do... I would furthermore like to use this site properly but i don't really have the time to learn how to do so, so could you please be considerate enough to try and understand me as i have done for you...
Jeff Prince
Anonymous's picture
You're meant to put your poems and stories into sets ... check out the FAQs on the home page for more info.
miss.jda
Anonymous's picture
thanx the jeff! if i have timethen i will definitely check that out! in the meant ime however, i will have to carry on using it as i already am! lol :)
Jeff Prince
Anonymous's picture
Why don't we all just poems our stuff in the forums. It would be a lot easier! lol
Topic locked