Affair - Drew

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Affair - Drew

Eeek. That was interesting, so I read it twice.

How does it work? Of course unfaithfulness goes on all the time, under the guise of 'open relationship' or otherwise. I'm not a particularly jealous person but the thought of my girlfriend 'being imapled by someone else' (to shamelessly quote myself) is unappealing to say the least. It gives me a feeling in the stomach that nothing else can.

I've met a few new girls recently. Some have been nice, but most have been uninspiring. I'm trying not to settle for less than what makes sense at the time - be it one night or relationship. Is that selfish? I'm passed caring. I want to be happy, make others happy, and if i may paraphrase you, to do what's required to keep the world turning smoothly. Have fun with your affair, Drew. Good luck to you.

One other thing, do you never worry that the subject(s) of your writing will read it?

Ben

I think you get used to unfaithfulness. I was gutted when I found out my first proper boyfriend was unfaithful to me. In fact, it was my second boyfriend who told me about the first. He said he would treat me beter. In the end, he was worse. We couldn't go out the door without going to a sex club. He said it was a test. He would hit me if I did anything, hit me if I didn't (because then I was boring). With Gary, things just slid. He wants us to be faithful but now I wouldn't trust him. I don't see what future we could have. Gary and I seem to be getting on better now. Although he is not happy as tonight I am going out with Will. But I don't see he has any rights anymore. I told him to get on gaydar and get a man round. He doesn't want to. Now he only wants me. It seems a bit late. Yesterday I spoke to one of the people who read my book at the agency. She said she thought my book was brilliant. She said, 'I can't tell you how much I laughed' and how much the characters stayed with her. The decision isn't down to her but she said she would be recommending they take me on. My book has now been read by 3 people and 1 external editor and they've all given it good reviews. I don't know what will happen but it was lovely to speak to someone who is so enthusiastic. So I'm more happy about that than about anything. I want to make it as a writer and live by myself next to the sea. Nobody I know reads my stuff. I have no worries there.

Topic locked