That Loving Feeling by Fergal

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
That Loving Feeling by Fergal

Great little story exploring fantasy and reality. You very quickly get a feel for how the two girls contrast, and the dialogue's convincing. Makes me want to go get a job at Starbuck's.

I agree - hence the cherry. I was just on my way over here to flag it up and found that Neil had beaten me to it. Find it here: http://www.abctales.com/fergal/that_loving_feeling Neil's also written a fine poem that's just gone on: http://www.abctales.com/neil_the_auditor/just_sometimes So much fine writing going up - it's no wonder we won the Ashes.
Thanks you two. Sometimes I just like to write dialogue. I get carried away. Wouldn't it be great to write for TV? I loved Neil's poem too - very true, and sharp, and concise.
You want to get get a job at Starbucks Neil? Explain. I liked it too, for the description of the boy most. I liked that a lot. But you know, redo it maybe. Everyone loves boys. Imagine it was Ade Edmundson working at Starbucks. Or someone like him. He was on Holby last night and last night I dreamt of him, that he was my boyfriend. "He's a bit fat," said Gary. I like that, I'd like to run my hands over his belly, and his smile. It's lovely. I liked the Bull Run one too, that got mentioned in the other thread. I think it's better too, as it happens.

God - I wish it *was* Ade Edmondson working in Starbucks. I want Ade Edmondson to work in my local coffee shop. I would go in every day and stare at him. (If he wasn't married, obviously). I LOVE him... Yeah, I suppose I should have made it clear that this 'boy' wasn't very good looking really... boys do work in coffee shops though... and they do wear lovely stitched shirts. (p.s. I am at the exact age where none of my friends fancy 'boys'.. Most of my friends won't look twice at the early twenty year olds and fancy men in the mid to late thirties instead... )
Ade Edmondson is EXACTLY my type. This has nothing to do with writing, but I had to make this known. He was unbelievably appealing on Celebrity Fame Acadamy... and a lovely drunk, which is important.
Yeah, he is nice and glad we cleared that up. LOL. I guess I was reading it from my point where Gary and friends are obsessed by youth.

Topic locked