Styx's Mad Maxims.

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
Styx's Mad Maxims.

A Colt 45 beats 4 aces.
(These aren't meant to lead to huge discussions-but I can't stop you all: but mad maxims appreciated.) Why can't we have a blogging forum our Tone?

What on earth is a blogging forum? What would it do? There are personal blogs attached to this site. Go to your details and you can start one although it would be better if you just stayed here and let us all see your thoughts! You never know where they could lead.
"joke 'em if they can't take a fuck"
Absinthe makes the head go wander.

The family that lays together will probably end up in prison.

Long live ephemera.

i cant see how to blog!
I can't see one either. I reckon TC is referring to those people who keep a blog elsewhere and put a link to it in their personal details, hence his "would be better if you just stayed here" remark. You know what worries me most about me? It's this: I just sat here for ten minutes or more trying to figure out what TC meant... most other people would simply shrug and move on. Or do what you did and say "i can't see how to blog!" Not me. Oh no. I have to work it out. Perhaps that is my mad maxim.

And following on from that... whilst on hols this year, the woman whose house we had rented turned up and stayed in the annexe for a few days. She had a friend with her - a film producer (an irrelevance, I know, but I've just remembered I did promise said film producer to plug her work - it's a rasta version of Romeo and Juliet http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387467/) - and some emotional baggage... over a few bottles of wine she and the film producer announced that all men over forty were autistic. Mrs S paused, looked at me in her loving way - and this is the point at which I thought "Yes, you tell them! Show these divorced harpies that men can be good in er, some way or another" - and said, "yes, here's the living proof." So, my two maxims tonight are: All men over forty are autistic and Don't go drinking with three women

Back to the mad maxims. 'You can't teach your Grandmother to suck eggs: but you can make her sit in her own wee until she signs her pension over to you.

you can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.
That's what I mean - nice one Ely.

he who laughs and walks away was hit by a bus the other day
a stitch in time is tastitchime
it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to park without gloating
a bird in the hand is worth... ...about $7.95 on ebay. [ tried to post a link, but didn't work! ] :-) * P * :-)
Ah - have now unravelled the mystery of the blog. You have to be an 'administrator' to get a blog - and then it appears on the front page. Apologies for being an idiot. It comes naturally. But we could add a blogging section - on the other hand isn't that what those who write diaries are doing in any case? Isn't it best to leave it all on the main site?
Methinks perhaps it'd be best to keep things simple, as it's all running so nicely at the mo... :-) * P * :-)
The death of wages is sin.

Prudence is essential for discovering the efficacy of licentiousness. (With apologies to John Milton)

I suffer from social constipation - I find it difficult to get out.

He who fights and runs away, lives to run away another day.

An apothem a day keeps a maxim away.

Trying to stick to a bovine diet is a fruitless task.

(Non Mad Maxim section) Pardon me boy, is that the cat who chewed my new shoes?

'There's many a good cock come out of an old bag.' (And I should know!)

Anorexics have rather a thin time of it.

Mathematics is not so much the sum of its parts, but the part of its sums.

Don't take the pith out of maxims.

There is nothing that exedes like excess.

Do not pee into a headwind.

When all else fails... drop your standards.
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is a freak.
When all else fails the trick is to keep breathing.

Don't force the issue - issue the force!

Mother is the invention of all necessity.

Necessity is the invention of all mothers.

Mother is the mother of me. :-) * P * :-)
Zappa is the mother of The Mothers.
Invention is the necessity of mothers.

Put the light out, then light the output.

Unemployment is not working.

It's better to have shoved and bossed than never to have shoved at all.

If in life a door closes - there may be a ghost in the house.

It's alright to enjoy eating but only vampires should love their food.
If in life one window closes - get the sash cord fixed.

Manama, nah. Dut, doo, da, duh, duh. Confused? So were they! MANAMA - A Middle East reform conference ended in confusion on Saturday after Egypt tried to introduce language which Washington said would restrict aid groups. Bananarama?
Topic locked