Tax Credits

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tax Credits

Today I became a little worried because I haven't received my tax credit reward information pack back so I contacted HM revenue office and was told that they had overpayed me by £5000 during the past two years; all of which they want paying back! When I informed them that I couldn't pay that amount of money they told me not to worry, they'll stop my tax credits until it's reclaimed.

I'm sure I'm one of many thousands of people who rely on their monthly tax credits. Now I'm finding myself and my family paying for HM revenue's gross miscalculations!
I have a three years old daughter and a disabled wife.

It does seem pretty wrong, this sort of thing… paying for their mistakes. Why can’t they just take responsibility and say “my bad” (excuse the teen-Americanism) or something? Have you thought about contacting your local MP, media, Citizens Advice Bureau or anything? ~PEPS~ Here's a link to a blog wot I have started... http://pepsoid.wordpress.com/

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

God, that's so crappy! I don't understand the tax credit system here *at all*; they send us some papers which seem to have some reasonable numbers on them, and that's that. Nothing else seems to happen, until of course they screw up and someone has to start paying them back...
And... why is it that when you owe them money, it seems pretty easy and straightforward for them to start demanding it, yet if they owe you, there is the rigmarole of forms etc? I feel a conspiracy theory coming on... ~PEPS~ Here's a link to a blog wot I have started... http://pepsoid.wordpress.com/

Well I've looked about the net and it appears that they can waiver the repayment at their discretion. I have to be something like close to death or starving or something. So I'm going to fill in a few forms (yes forms, peps! :) when I get the full written details back...which I'm gonna study like a hawk and hopefully trip them up on an office error. Apparently I can be done for fraud if the reason for the overpayment is due to me not informing them of some minor change of circumstance - I can be done for fraud? I don't even understand the goddarn thing in the first place...how can I be a calculating fraudster when I've no idea how the system works? lol. Oh well! Here's to a great christmas! :) There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed -
Dennett

And I've written to my local newspaper this morning. There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

Dennett

Good! And while you're at it, do you think perhaps the Blair-meister needs to be informed? (and you could ask him to lend you a few grand while you're at it...) ~PEPS~ Here's a link to a blog wot I have started... http://pepsoid.wordpress.com/

He already did that last year peps - without my knowledge...lol There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

Dennett

Well when I say "lend"... ~PEPS~ Latest on The Art of Tea ( http://pepsoid.wordpress.com/ )... "In Defence of txtspeak"

Yan - sorry to hear the news. They're a bunch of buggers, and no mistake.
Th tax credits have been stopped to reclaimm the overpayment but I still have to fork out another £621 to cover what they won't reclaim between now and april next year. Looks like a court date looming :) There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

Dennett

Local news have published my letter this morning. Not that it makes much difference at the mo but I'm due a CAB interview soon. There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

Dennett

Good stuff! Victory for the little people! (I don't mean elves) (Or pixies) (((Or those nasty beasties that were on Torchwood last night))) [[[~P~]]] ... What is "The Art of Tea"? ... (www.pepsoid.wordpress.com - latest... "Idling Through Complexity")

Best of luck with it, yan. The govt ought to have liability for making paperwork incomprehensible to anyone but the beancounters!
'(((Or those nasty beasties that were on Torchwood last night)))' It was a first for me last night, peps. Enjoyed it. 'The govt ought to have liability for making paperwork incomprehensible to anyone but the beancounters!' Spot on! :) There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

Dennett

Topic locked