Just wanted to introduce myself!

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just wanted to introduce myself!

My name is Shay. I'm an aspiring writer (as we all are, lol). I am not usually one for forums and interacting with people much, but I thought maybe joining a community of people with the same interest as me might help get me a kittle confidence in my writing, and be able to give that back to people too. Anyway, here I am, and hope to get to know you all soon!

Welcome! =) Very nice community here. I just joined in August, and I'm already loving it! Love the other people, they are honest and nice. Enjoy! I hope I get to read more of the Costa Rica story, with Beth? Very interesting, but like you mentioned in the comments, it would be even better if you had a bit of culture in it. A history lesson for all of us who doesn't know about Costa Rica yet. And you write like you would be writing a book, which I think you said you were, and I think that's the best part of it; it doesn't feel like a short story. Can't wait for the second part! Savannah

Sav

I have enjoyed what I've gotten out of this site too. A few people really stand out as good people that want to read and be read and share a lot. Its good to find people like that and this site seems to have a few of them. of course there's some bad apple too, but they only get a chance to spew nonsense if you let them. mostly people here are kind-hearted and friendly. welcome to the site.

Nicholas Schoonbeck

Hi Slirpie :) I just wanted too say I love your name Savannah :))) Keep Writing Keep Smiling :)

smiley Keep Smiling

Keep Writing xxx

I'm really liking the site so far! I've gotten a few good comments of my story, and hopefully gotten a couple people interested in it :) I'm nopt really sure how to do it other than keep posting sections as I get them written. Once I get into the flow of it, I may start putting them up by chapter. Any suggestions on the nbest way to do this? And thank you all for the welcomes and making my first day on this site a positive one!
I was posting by chapter until someone suggested I post chapters in pieces to make it easier for people to read. so I'm trying that out. I feel like if its good then I would read a whole long chapter but I can understand people wanting them in smaller blocks.

Nicholas Schoonbeck

Welcome Shay. Yes do post in smaller chapters to make a short and easy read- then you will get more readers. Read as much as you can and comment and you will get comments and interest in return. Good Luck ;)Pia
Hi, Shay. Welcome to abctales.com. I think you will find the writers here very laid back and enthusiastic about the craft of putting 'black on white'. I was shocked at the high caliber of both poetry and prose here. Some very didicated and talented writers place their musing here and are always ready to help a newcomer.

barryj1

Welcome Shay :) I agree with all above. Lovely people and great site!!!! Keep Writing Keep Smiling :)

smiley Keep Smiling

Keep Writing xxx

Hi grumpy old Styx here, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I will. I cannot abide people who write using text speak and LOL (I cringe as I write it down) makes me want to vomit. We have the most wonderful language read Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson, an American who loves this country and the language, it's very informative and bloody funny! So txt spk (excuse me - sorry I just retched up my breakfast) just reduces our language to the level of the moron. Oh, welcome by the way.

Well that was certainly a warm welcome, Styx. To be honest with you though, I usually agree with you fully. Other than the occasional lol (hold back that vomit for a minute) I normally get annoyed by the new language of texting too. In fact, I often annoy my family and friends by using complete grammatically correct sentences when texting. They joke that I write thema book when a few letters would suffice. I have, however, fallen prey to the quickness and ease of throwing a lol (or something even a lmfao) in my conversations. Every once in a while though, i get a text from a friend that has been so butchered and stripped of it's vowels that I have no idea what they are saying. Guess I'm just not hip enough! (Although for fun, an old friend of mine will often text entirely in French... I know, crazy kids these days!)
I hate that too. I am friends with a few different kids I know and they really can't spell at all, preferring to write in their strange code language that's just destroyed american english. I feel like most of them can't communicate very well and there will be consequences somewhere down the line for them. I try to urge them to use the language better but most of them just don't care enough to work on it.

Nicholas Schoonbeck

Shay2203 You will find this an inspiring community of folk whose muse's are in their ears, bidding them to write and take pride in their own creativity. Welcome.

Prettyrose, thank you! Many people say they do, and I like a lot of names. The name Mila appeals to me the most, though. Savannah

Sav

When I'm texting, I usually do "txt tlk", but not very heavy, so people can still understand it. I went through a faze where I really went all out on it, but I'm over it now. I may do "watz" meaning "whats" when I'm typing "watz up?". But when I'm typing on abctales, I usually try to use correct grammer. Sometimes I don't know how to spell things, or I just forget, like one time I forgot how to spell "of". I like to say "lol", and sometimes I don't capitalize letters like "i". But at least people still know what I'm saying, opposed to using "txt tlk". I don't think I know anyone here on this site (yet) that uses that way of typing... Savannah

Sav

Oh, and when I'm texting, I usually can't go all out with "txt talk" anymore because my new phone does auto corrections. I like it because sometimes I type so fast the word comes out in a jumble, but my phone usually finds out what I mean and corrects it. Yay for modern technology! Too bad my laptop doesn't have auto correct (I use Microsoft Office Word, and they have that, so that's a plus). Savannah

Sav

Topic locked