SHUT DOWN FOX NEWS Forever!

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
SHUT DOWN FOX NEWS Forever!

Today Wikipedia and several other sites go dark! Why?

This weekend Rupert Murdoch, whose media empire includes Fox TV, The Wall Street Journal, Fox Studios and the Sun newspaper in Britain, attacked Google as the “Piracy leader” for streaming movies free as well as accusing the President of the United States of America of throwing in his lot "with Silicon Valley paymasters who threaten all software creators with piracy, plain thievery”

Strong twittered words for a man who was forced to close one of his papers, run by his son, for what was essentially stealing messages (by hacking) from peoples mobile phones.

Google responded with "Last year we took down 5 million infringing Web pages from our search results and invested more than $60 million in the fight against bad ads. Like many other tech companies, we believe that there are smart, targeted ways to shut down foreign rogue websites without asking U.S. companies to censor the Internet.”

Meanwhile "Wikipedia blacks out website in protest over online piracy bill"http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2087673/Wikipedia-blackou...

Murdoch who recently admitted that he had 'screwed up' My Space seems hell bent on supporting the introduction of legislation that could well do the same too many famous free service providers like YouTube.

The most controversial provision is in the House bill, which would enable federal authorities to 'blacklist' sites that are ALLEDGED to distribute pirated content and would essentially cut off portions of the Internet.

There is little doubt that if such legislation were to be adopted in the USA that it would quickly be adopted around the world and that it could be used as an excuse to close down sites that offended the state or powerful organisations and could well be the beginning of the end for the only real medium of free expression.

So, don't just protest the legislation but also protest 'Fox News' and show Murdoch that its time he kept his mouth shut and his twitters twitless.

It's bad enough that Fox misrepresents its TV magazine as 'News' and that it actually constantly twists the truth while claiming to be fair and balanced but the fact that it is just another mouthpiece for Murdoch propaganda should be enough to make even its fans wonder just who profits from the Fox spin because it certainly isn't America...

Shut it down and get some real news!

Shut down Fox News?....interesting. There's a website in America that seems dedicated to doing just that. It's called Media Matters for America. They have been waging war against Fox for some time and with some success. Mangone your post reads just like some of their thoughts, any connection?
Thanks for the tip Jingle! A quick Google found this – Only On Fox http://mediamatters.org/topic/onlyonfox/ I’d never heard of Media Matters before but I’m sure that there are a lot more sites out there that realise the danger that Fox ‘News’ represents to the intellectually challenged viewers who don’t realise that it is a comedy show. I thought that I would write a quick piece using the Fox ‘fair and balanced’ techniques to demonstrate just how easy it is to spin by insinuation… I’m expecting a job offer from Fox now ;O)
Thanks! It's always good to have an extra Blessing you can count on ;O)
Solidarity! At least it's not happening in secret. We know Murdoch is an intellectual terrorist, that he conspires with our fascist supporting government, that he spurs on the demonic side of the humans he infects, but at least it's out in the open, where there is hope that we can stop this utterly mad descent into a new dark age.
When I first read your post Dan I thought it was a bit too strong but after a bit more consideration I find I whole heartedly agree! Mind you, I think that the UK has rumbled Rupert, yes, even the government, and it is the US that needs to wake up before Fox widens the rift between Democrats and Republicans to a point where federal government becomes virtually impossible... if it isn't already.
And now for the good news... "Sopa: US backers end support for anti-piracy bill" "Eight US lawmakers have withdrawn their backing from anti-piracy laws, amid "blackout" protests on thousands of internet sites." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16623831
My son is called Rupert. The US is in so much debt it can never recover. We're all doomed.

Yes, but apart from that everything is great!
In a session of pure brainless moaning three Fox News presenters were attacking President Obama for saying, in his State Of The Union speech, that he wants to increase taxes on multi-national companies who export jobs abroad and to use the money to help replace jobs in America. So, while they bemoan the fact that unemployment is high in America (and blame Obama) at the same time they support companies like Apple who argue that despite the fact that it is one of the most successful companies in the world it could not afford to manufacture its products at home and that’s why it is in China… Makes me laugh that this ‘fair and balanced’ so called ‘news’ couldn’t see that if you export jobs then naturally those people who would have done those jobs in America are unemployed… I was surprised that not even a half hearted Democrat was involved so he/she could be shouted down by the rest… so, where is, even the pretence of, any fairness or balance? It baffles me that Fox can support companies exporting jobs while at the same time arguing that raising taxes on such companies would reduce job creation because the companies would have less money to invest - how does these companies investing in other countries create jobs in America? "Story published 5:00 p.m. ET: Apple Inc. Tuesday reported quarterly profits of $1 billion a week for its latest quarter..." http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46121303/ns/business-us_business/t/apple-thr... Meanwhile... the solar storm rages to celebrate the lunar new year of the Dragon. "Apple's Chinese factories to be audited after violation of working conditions" "Back at the factory, where the buildings are swathed in nets after 12 workers committed suicides in a single year, a young girl emerges from the gates. Her job is to clean the iPhone screens before they are packaged. She says she is 13." http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/jan/24/apple-factories-china-i... How can US manufacturers hope to compete with Chinese factories without subsidies? "Foxconn clients include American, European and Japanese companies wishing to reduce labor costs without sacrificing quality. Notable products which the company manufactures include the Amazon Kindle, iPad, iPhone, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii. Foxconn is the largest exporter in Greater China The company has been involved in several controversies – most relating to how it manages employees in China, where it is the largest private employer. International attention has repeatedly been drawn to the suicides of workers and the conditions of employment." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn
Fox keeps droning on about military cuts, particularly army cuts… The answer is simple – get rid of the “A”! That’s a 25% cut in one fell swoop. Everybody already says ‘R me’ or ‘R mi’ anyway... it's a no brainer ;O) If that doesn't shut them up threaten them with the Militry.
Mangone you are in good company with this subject. Have you heard that The Muppets are on your side too? They held a press conference in London recently during which they had a fierce go at Fox News. Apparently they took exception to the content of the Fox review of their new film.... Miss Piggy and Kermit versus Rupert amd James Murdoch.... Now that's a battle I'd buy tickets for!
Kermit could safely leave the pair to his feisty sweetheart, Jingle ;O) Mind you she might have her hands full with Mrs Murdoch. "Fox Business Channel's Eric Bolling said that the Muppets were simply puppets with a liberal agenda and accused the film of brainwashing children." http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/muppets-fire-back-fox-news-after-acc... You have to admit the frog does look like he might be an Occupy 'type' but Miss Piggy is certainly more of an ex-military right-winger ;O) I've noticed that Fox reviews tend to be very biased and I have wondered if it is simply a matter of money or agreeing to appear on the show. The review of the Samsung Galaxy, which plays fairly frequently on Fox, is either a product of pie-eyed patriotism, nepotism or the reviwer is a paid up member of the Apple Cult's God Given Gadgets and Gizmos sect... awaiting the second coming. Frequently, 'adverts' are presented as a 'did you know that?' point of interest, which point out the 'benefits' of something and explains how you can get it.
Fox News is priceless for people who like to sit back and laugh at the goofy things people say for a little attention on TV. Although I suppose there *are* people who actually take it seriously. (Oh wait, I used to be friends with a lot of them. ...And no, I moved out of state, so Fox News wasn't the reason I 'broke up with them.')

I'm in total agreement with you, Don, but, as I said earlier... The reason I believe it should be shut down is for the sake of the millions that DO NOT see that Fox (Tea Party) is a comedy show spoofing a 'news show' and so cannot appreciate "the danger that Fox ‘News’ represents to the intellectually challenged viewers who don’t realise that it is a comedy show."
If you consider what it is that supports Fox 'News' then you might be drawn to the conclusion that Fox is a vehicle used by the rich to drive home the wonder of the American Dream... to hold up as examples those very few who have actually managed to find a way from rags to riches, or, more likely, from rich to richer and lead the viewer into dreaming that he or she can do the same. Hence people like ex-presidential candidate Herman Cain can offer advice to the poor to 'get rich like me' and the poor idiots don't realise that 'rich' is a relative term that relies on a large number of poor and the best way to get rich is to write books telling the poor how to get rich so that they can make you richer. I coined the ‘word’ “dreamocracy” the other day to mean the dream that Democracy will somehow solve all a country’s problem once it is implemented and, in theory, people finally have a say in their own future. In my opinion this ‘dreamocracy’ will be the cause of immense disappointment to those who do not realize that implementing Democracy is only the first step in solving a country’s problems. I’m not sure how much of the recent football riot in Egypt was caused by Mubarak supporters but I suspect it was negligible. Still, now Egypt has a shiny new Democracy whatever is wrong with the country must be a legacy from the past if you want to keep the dream. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not arguing that Western Democracy isn’t a dreamocracy too. You only have to look at the difference fifteen million dollars in ‘attackverts’ made to the Republican presidential candidate placings where Newt Gingrich lost (I would estimate) some 30% of his support due to Romney’s 1,200 TV Ats (attackverts). So, does it really matter what you stand for if you can use your money and influence to brainwash enough people? Iraq has a shiny new Democracy, Afghanistan has a shiny new Democracy so are they truly better off now? Could it be that Democracies require people who have been trained in the art of obedience? Could it be that Democracies are only a reflection of people’s wishes at election time? Could it be that many modern two party Democracies are simply the tyranny of the majority where a miniscule number of votes can sway the political landscape for the next 4 or 5 years? Could it be that despite all the grandstanding and political shenanigans that it is money and not policies that decide elections and so, if you are not already rich then you’ve already lost…
Topic locked