WINTER COMES WHEN AUTUMN LEAVES

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

A WONDERFUL BOOK

This is to say thanks to Moya (Denzella) for her marvellous book Winter Comes When Autumn Leaves she has generously donated to me. It is full of stories, monologues, poems, anecdotes, reflections and fond memories. It is funny and sad, poignant and touching. It is written in Moya’s unique and engaging voice and is testament to her journey through life, her dear Mum, her family and friends, and the enormous cross she bears daily. It is the ideal bedside or coffee-table book, and the perfect tonic when one is feeling down in the dumps, for it is overflowing with her generous spirit, her warmth, her humour and her sharp observations of the world. Many ABC Talers will already be familiar with Moya’s work, but I recommend this book to anybody who hasn’t read it already and I’m sure Moya would be happy to oblige anyone who would like to obtain a copy. Knowing how self-effacing and modest the lady is, this piece will no doubt make her blush. Nevertheless, I think she deserves the praise and the audience.

For the gift, Moya, thank you.

Trev,

I've just seen this.  You are too kind and too generous.  I don't know what else I can say.  I'm overwhelmed!

Moya

No need to say anything, Moya. The book is a true treasure and I will never part with it.

TVR

I also thoroughly recommend it. Moya's writing is full of wit and humour. I laughed out loud on at least three occasions! Sometimes even when I shouldn't have...

Her "Mum" stories are already legendary on this site and the book tells the story brilliantly. Poems, Monologues, shorts, they are all in this fabulous work of writing.

Thank you Moya for sending me a copy. I have read it once, but will read it many times more.

Joe,

i can hardly believe what you  and Trev have said.   You are both too generous with your praise.  I am unworthy!

Sod that!  I deserve every nice word cast my way.  Well, I might not deserve it but I will accept it.  Ta very muchly to the both of you.

Oh, and while I'm on I'll have a pound each way on Rio!

I hope Chester is still improving.  Lincoln is getting much stronger on his leg now he is having hydrotherapy but it aint doing much for me.  I come home soaked but I love him!

Let me know where it's available. I'd love to purchase a copy. Moya's a fav of mine.

Rich

Hello Rich,

Thanks for that mate. I will send you a copy when I can find something else to prop up the table with.

smileyMoya

I'll make a deal with you, dear Moya. When i finishe the Craven book, we'll swap. Craven's a good stablizer.

Rich

Rich,

You're on!  I need stabilizing.  I will gladly send you a  copy I still have a couple of copies left from the last order.   I will need your address though so  use my contact buttton and I will send you  a copy.

Moya