I love my wife but...

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I love my wife but...

I love my wife but sometimes, especially as men grow older and begin to reasses their personal circumstances, they have to look elsewhere to gratify certain 'unmet needs'. What I'm talking about here, of course, is P.G. Whodehouse. I just discovered this amazing British author who is both funny as hell and an incredibly accomplished storyteller.

I'm currently reading through a collection of his short fiction. Every story is uniquely silly, funny, poignant; several come with surprise endings that will knock your socks off. As mentioned earlier, I love my wife, but sometimes a good marriage won't suffice and a man must...

How wonderful Barry. I'm sure your wife will be pleased with your past-time- your latest fad...hehe ;)Pia
Barry expect a visit from celticman's Todger. Quote from PGW "...The Aberdeen terrier gave me an unpleasant look and said something under his breath in Gaelic..."
ScoZen
'She looked as if she had been poured into her clothes and had forgotten to say "when". ' You have excellent taste Barry. :-)

Hi Barry :) I love your sense of Humor, and both past-times!!! hehe. I needed the laugh :) Keep Writing Keep Smiling :)

smiley Keep Smiling

Keep Writing xxx

Made me chuckle, which is never a bad thing... but afraid PGW wins every time!

I can't understand how it took you so long to find him! Very good choice Barry

He is one of the greatest writers in the English language - and very funny to boot! A contemporary and a brilliant, but very different style of writer, creator of short stories is W. Somerset Maugham. Try him too!
For the record, I have read everything Maugham has ever written then gone back and reread many of the novels and short stories again for the pleasure of it. W.S. Maugham is a writer Americans hold in very high esteem.

barryj1

barryj1

barryj1

Topic locked