Pets, Music, and all that stuff.

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pets, Music, and all that stuff.

I am spose to be editing at the moment, but lol

I am sitting here listening to music, and hugging my wolf-hybrid. ( Her name is Jadebug btw ) She was a bait dog for dog fighters, and it has took me a year, and a half to counter-act some of the trauma of her young life. The point that ties this all together is she has chosen her own form of therapy. She sings... Well actually she bays, but she does it well, and keeps good tempo. Turn some music on, and she is jamming. She seems particularly partial to Marvin Gaye ;)

Anybody else's pets have quirks like this ?

I haven't got a book to sell or a website to promote so I'm feeling a bit left out here. I'd like to hear tales of people who have adopted pigs. They are smart in a tuxedo, friendly to anyone who owns a potato peeler and knows how to use it, and will happily share your bed with you, or use it alone. They are small and easy to care for until the miniature varieties (piglets) grow up. If you would like to give me a good home I will reward you with devotion and loyalty. They told me to say that at the adoption place. I don't know whether it's true or not - I'm a pig, for heaven's sake. I live from one smell to the next.
Marvin I wouldn't mind adopting you Dear. But the wolf might raise some ahem.... "toothy" objections. lol There is a Jack Russell here as well. But she is fairly safe. She would only pee on you
new MaggieG Well daughter's just looking after Gt Dane. Whoops. But mine is special cat of love tender crae antics he get's up to, black and beautiful not mine, neighbour's. Bit siames in him, if time read my poem, "Green Eyes" Jazz. Healing cat of love,now poem's in AbcTales 23 omg. Recently what! and achievement. Also in paper, and The big issue, plus, wonderful editor t.cook wanted reader's, never thought considered, or could do, and did at London "The Wheatsheaf once fabv evening meeting all. THERE WHEN LONELY not well, sitting on wall, or peeping round the corner, a friend walk me home,she pick it up cuddle,can you hear it purring! no go. From that day on I call and talk to him, and he Allo! Allo! Allo" back or to come in, love look around and likes look out window, and bedroom duvet, paddles claws happy up and down, snuggles down on his? jumper, now his shadow form hides, behind the curtain. Getting old like me, so may not stop so long, I say he is beautiful, mine never have a cat in,now sits on his lap. I move things off windowsill so can get there, loves watch going on.And knows sound of his master's car then aks to leave. He makes me laugh, I couldn't find like nose, cupboards behind settee,chase him and in bedroom, I sing to him bit. But will cry" back 3 times, like Allo! Allo! Allo! Outside. Once in a shop narow I bent down get bar chocolate saw "Green Eyes" someone bumped me, thought as narrow, someone wanted get by, as I also spoke cat by name, turned round no "Jazz" as turned away from him. I think a bit psyic spelt wrong, in hurry breakfast. all the best over-cast and cloudy. We had Jack Russell daughter 12 years od then young, cross breed of Pekinese and Jack Russell handsome, but turned on us, Redhead coat, and curly tail, was his legs to short fat little body, so ops. Hips deformed found out poor thing. Growl snarl and bite. Loved have a go other dog's, skateboards and dustman then,later, turned on me, smelt a new bottle hair dye used and able to then. Vets said alergic smells. Wow! your dog sounds lovely Wolf-Hybrid not heard of, tell me more. Interesting. I love Parrots but when young put finger to cage, baby Parrot course pecked me? My late pop, had a Mynah bird when he was ill, say "Where's dad along the pub" true at home then,difficult if someone came in. Cloudy and wet now. all the best julie cavalcaderl xx
*smiles* He sounds charming. I will have to read about him. Yes... Jadebug is half wolf. Her father was the full bloodied wolf. Her mother was half Akita, and Husky. Jadey looks very much like a wolf, particularly in her face. She actually un-nerves people when we walk by. lol And yet she is as gentle as they come. She is what is known as an Omega. In a wolf pack they take care of the children, and the den. They are the lowest on the totem pole so they are not as aggressive. Her past abuse has also factored in to her docility as well. The dog fighters that had her damn near killed her. She refused to fight in the ring so the would starve her, and abuse her trying to bring that quality out in her. She lost her thrive for life at one point, and got ready to die. Luckily she was rescued at that point. Nobody could work with her, not because she was mean, but because she would hide. She didn't trust anyone. Now she sleeps at my head every night :)
I'm so glad you rescued that dog, such a good thing to do for her and I know she really shows you her appreciation by sleeping with you. I would love to see pics! I have two cats, named Peep ada Peep (because she makes peeping noises at me when she wants something) and Me Oh My, who is quite dumb, ( I think because her head got hit when she was a baby) but she is the sweetest cat I've ever met and I love them both dearly. I have cut myself off from most human interaction and I get a lot from these two creatures that share my home with me. we trust each other and only try to please each other and that's the kind of relationship I can live with now. I used to have a wolf mix when I was young, and I had a husky once too that used to talk to me all the time with yelps and yowls. I love animals that speak.

Nicholas Schoonbeck

" Mercy Mercy Me " ( a Marvin Gaye song ) is the one that really cracks me up. Jadebug sounds like she is actually saying it. She hops on the bed with her head swaying back and forth as she does it, tail wagging. She is always rewarded for her performances. My husband will accompany her on the guitar as well. Riley ( The Jack Russell, and with out any doubt the Alpha of the two ) will even shut up when she sings, and quietly watch. My brother says it is her wolf hard wiring coming out ( Contrary to popular belief they don't lose that even if they are born in captivity )Wolves communally sing together, so maybe it is her affirmation that she is family, and with family. And at the end of the day isn't that what our pets should be ? Family ? ohhhh btw ... I LOVE the names of your cats.
right after I wrote it Peep did her one quirky thing. She peeps at me, demanding that I accompany her to the bathroom while she eats. she hates to eat alone, its ridiculous. I always bring a book with me and sit with her because I spoil my cats rotten.

Nicholas Schoonbeck

lol ! Don't feel bad Hun. Supper in this house is a communal thing. I make rice, and chicken for my dogs. But I also eat the first bites of it to establish who is boss. This has now become a ritual with my food as well. They wait patiently for me to take the first bite, convinced they are going to get the rest ! lol I will have to show my daughter your posts. She ADORES cats ! ( and finds the dogs simply annoying lol )
Have you all read White Fang? Probably turn of the century tale about a dog rescued from fighting and being tamed by his rescuer. Author Jack London, god knows when. Very dated but a good read. I'm really a cat person but unloved at the moment. The last two were brothers, Groucho(as in Marx) because he was black and white with a very black moustache. Spencer, I'll leave you to think about the reason. Both died a year or two ago aged about 18. When trying to find names for them as kittens a friend suggested Ancient and Modern because they were both 'hims'
Know London well :) My father rescued a hybrid when he was a teen, and one of his teachers recommended the book to him. London remained one of his favorite authors. I had actually forgot about the dog fighting though. Maybe I should have named Jadebug "White Fang" ? *smiles* As I said Geoffrey my daughter is thoroughly a cat person. I have always liked unusual names for animals, and most of mine came in pairs as well. Let's see Ming, and Ching Ching ( 2 chows ) Aztec and Maya ( 2 Chihuahuas ) Riki, Tiki , and Tavi ( 3 ferrets ) Chocolate, and Shakes ( 2 rats ) Howl and Hozomen ( 2 coyotes ) Bronte, and Browning ( 2 raccoons )
Raccoons? how cool! I've had dgs and cats, ferrets ana hedgehog and a bunch of birds when I was a kid with my father. when I was a young teenager, I stumbled across a dead mother possum, and all her dead babies in the road. crawling underneath the mother was one last living baby. I took him in and fed him Katydids every night. he was very cute and could hang from hs tail off just one finger. sadly when I went on a vacation for a weekend, my father claims he got lost and then he found him dead, although I believe m father got rid of him instead.

Nicholas Schoonbeck

Topic locked