Bedroom
Swagger
Well-bred
Champion
Droplet
Pagentry
Inaudible
Eyeball

Chances are they were in conversational use well before Shakespeare committed them to page, but either way they may well have faded into obscurity if he hadn't kept them alive.

What words would you like to be credited with 'inventing' in a few hundred years time?

1. Bathe 2. Fondle 3. Flirt 4. Aroma 5. Embrace 6. Lucious 7. Warm 8. Seduce 9. Sensual 10.Moist 11.Yawn 12.Sleep All right, ya got me! I'm married thirty years and I ain't had any in awhile. But if called into action, I'm ready. Rich

Rich's 12-step guide to making lurve...
Highhat
Anonymous's picture
Bissie curveous atrollicable fermantatious perumble lufferly waddinot ashcan trashcan dustbin wasbin and hasbin I'm a spoiled brat so I've had everything and anything the past 30 years.
never a lender (of words) or borrower be 'Hamlet'.

Faff

Did you know that he also invented the word assassin? Read Othello or Macbeth for some insight to his grammatical genius. Although some say Bacon was the true author, we may never know or care haha! - Chinobus -

- Chinobus -

And how about going down in history as the first person who dared to start a paragraph with the word 'And'? (Haha, or has that already been done?)