Party Season is nearly here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Party Season is nearly here

The winter break is over for myself and Mrs Oblong, and it's back to the day job of taking pies in the face to raise money for cancer charities.  Mrs Oblong is Party Leader of the UK Pie Party, a Community Interest Company which raises money for designated cancer charities through by running stall at the following events and festivals.

13 April - AIM Stallholders Fair, Nightingale School, Woolwich, London, to benefit AIM

5 May - Free 4 Kidz Family Fun Day, Museum of Power, Maldon, Essex, to benefit Children with Cancer UK

18 May - Millets Farm Family Fun Day, Abingdon, for Against Breast Cancer

19 May - Parklife, Milton Country Park, Cambridge, for Cambridge Cancer Help Centre

1 June - Strawberry Fair, Cambridge, for Cambridge Cancer Help Centre

15/16 June - Superheroes Weekender, to benefit EACH

23 June - Sotterley Country Fair, to benefit East Coast Hospice

30 June - Vintage Day, Cressing Temple Barn, Essex, to benefit Helen Rollason Cancer Charity

7 July - Classic Car Show and Family Fun Day, Guildford, Surrey, to benefit Macmillan Cancer Care 9/10/11 August - Green Meadows Festival, Cambridgeshire, to benefit Teenage Cancer Trust

10 August - Sudbury Carnival, Suffolk, to benefit Teenage Cancer Trust

22 September - Milton Country Park Autumn Festival, Cambridge, to benefit Cambridge Cancer Help Centre

7 December - Mill Road Winter Fair, Cambridge, to benefit Cambridge Cancer Help Centre

Get along to one of the above events if you can, you may, if you’re lucky, get to throw a pie at Mrs Oblong or myself  in return for a small donation to charity.  If you know of an event that would benefit from the presence of the UK Pie Party please get in touch.  For further information, details of events and for pictures of myself and herself covered in cream, please visit www.ukpieparty.com

Do hope it all goes well, Terrence.  Also hoping that one day you'll gather up your passports (whatever colour they happen to be at that point) and make it up to Yorkshire!  

We've been up as far as Grimsby, but we've never had a gig in Yorkshire. Not completely impossible, but we usually try to keep within a two hour drive