Next ABCtales evening?

95 posts / 0 new
Last post
Next ABCtales evening?

About time we had one now that summer is over. We have a potential new venue about 50 yards from Russell Square tube station in London.

We can have it any night but Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights are a real pain for me - I commute from Brighton every day and don't want to come up to London again if I can possibly help it!

However, it isn't all about me!

How many of you would come to one (and we need some firmish commitments here) and which of Mon, Tues, Weds or Thurs nights is best for you?

Jay
Anonymous's picture
Sabelle just seen your last thread, "WOW" you have been busy keep at it girl so!! glad I latched onto YOUxx...
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
Of course I will be there George. I wont miss it for the world. I will offer to buy you a drink as usual, you will will refuse with a scowl, you will no doubt go to the loo if I do a turn at the mic. And so the world spins. Russel Square? Where? Thats my part of town. The best night for this kind of thing will be a Friday, believe me, thats what I do for a living. Ralph
mississippizee
Anonymous's picture
He answered her most mysteriously, 'Are birds free from the chains of the skyway?'
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Ah, but will you accuse me of talking through your turn?
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
No George, not this time; as you know I was misinformed about that and I think I stated such. If I did not then I do know. You have smashing eyes. Ralph
sabelle
Anonymous's picture
I don't think I could stand Missi & Ralph making eyes at each other all night. Russell Square is very near the Arsenal Stadium you know Missi :-)
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
hahahahah! Kenyon forever. Its all over know Sabs.
sabelle
Anonymous's picture
Leave the Chelski stuff to Flashy. One bitter blue is enough. If you need counselling, I'm here
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Trust you to bring footie into the thread.
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
I go every Tuesday to see a man called Peter in South Woodfrord. Costs me £30 a pop, but the coffee is good. Thanks anyway poppit. X
sabelle
Anonymous's picture
Well with three children, a looming divorce & a stressful job, I need an obsession!
lexy
Anonymous's picture
Something a little more central please manchester I can drive to, Chester I can hitch, even closer, slippers and a four pack
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
could we have longer intervals.... i think the entertainment between the acts might prove worth it...... jaffa cake anyone?
Elizabeth
Anonymous's picture
Please don't make it Wednesday 8th or Thursday 9th October. I agree that Fridays are best - I came to the last one - and distinctly remember the hangover the next day! Very bad, indeed - work was nigh on impossible.
hovis
Anonymous's picture
i can do mon tues fri sat sun and as i've never been to one i think my input should be respected....LOL
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
I'm your man Sabs! Just like a Hornby book (Gooner ref....)
sabelle
Anonymous's picture
Wow Tony, how could I resist an offer like that. But I'm not half decent looking. Ask Flash for the picture of me in the bikini he made for me. The circus people are still looking for their tent :-)
sabelle
Anonymous's picture
I thought you were in the throes of a torrid affair. But Nick Hornby is a good idea. I'll email him & see if he's free
Flash
Anonymous's picture
You'll have better luck with Mr Humphreys.
sabelle
Anonymous's picture
Jay I'll have to bring some guys who are more macho than this lot. Dale Winton, John Inman and Julian Clary have said they're definitely coming [%sig%]
Gay Flash Gordon
Anonymous's picture
OOOOer i'll scratch your eyes out you !@$%. Miaow!!!!
sabelle
Anonymous's picture
Oooh you are a wag, dear. But that was mildly amusing. Didn't I hear that something exciting happened in Northants today? A car drove through the town, didn't it?
sabelle
Anonymous's picture
You have to catch me first, old man. Waiting for your hip replacement aren't you?
Gay Flash Gordon
Anonymous's picture
I'm waiting for a whole body replacement.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
What's a car?
sabelle
Anonymous's picture
Have you been taking funny pills, get a refund. A car? Think of it as a donkey with an engine. No, on second thoughts that's Frank Lump-lard.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Or a donkey without a brain Sol Campbell. I thought you said Freddie was gay the other night.
sabelle
Anonymous's picture
Sol is a poor beleaguered defender who looked world class in a white shirt and crap in any other. The rumour is that Freddie is gay, I'm not sure, but he is gorgeous & the face of Calvin Klein. Ralph, I work with Peter from South Woodford. He tells me you're very confused
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Sabelle well done as they will do for starters but whats for dessert???...
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Sabelle leave well alone and put him down you don't know where he's been, for whatever you say about yourself which I bet is not true and even if it was your worth more than that offer. Trust me... PS Why should looks come into it that should tell you something.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
And just how much of a woman are you Sadbelle? If that selection of rearenders is what takes your fancy I guess the rest of us are wasting our time anyway.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
I wouldn't dream of giving mr dee that photo of you Sabi, i can't stress enough i'm here to protect you from embarassment not add to it
marchioness
Anonymous's picture
my prediction is you're all be as polite as anything to one another. lots of small talk. it will become quite mundane until the booze starts to work and then g-d help us i don't know what will happen.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
You've never been to one have you March?
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Will the men be safe from you Marchy?
sabelle
Anonymous's picture
Thank you Flashy You are a true gentleman. Don't worry Jay. Tony is part of the Scum, it would be sacrilege. Looks aren't important as I said I think Ricky Grover is attractive because of his personality and sparlking wit (rare for a man)
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Let me assure you that these are great events. No one fights, the readings are normally brilliant, the conversation is good, the drink flows and everyone goes home happy!
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
good feedback, thanks folks - keep it coming. We'll decide soon but Friday is looking a distinct possibility!
Single Mother
Anonymous's picture
"single mothers who haven't got laid since the planes hit the towers" *sniggers* How's your sex life stuaart? Mine's outrageously fab since Ive been single...
stuart
Anonymous's picture
Dreadful Liarnarr. Just don't even mention it. Is it natural for a man, once he's entered his mid-thirties, to start fancying girls of 18? I'm not comfortable with that.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Oh I think it's perfectly normal Sstuart. If you can live with the pitying looks they direct at you that is.
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
*directs pitying look at Stuart* nah... I really can't pull it off anymore damn
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Never mind Vick - most men pull it off themselves pretty well....
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
For what it's Sadbelle, Tony is a dead ringer for Neil Sedaka, as those that have met him will testify. He is also an unashamed narcissist.
stuart
Anonymous's picture
Can I just point out that women masturbate just as much as men. And also that some men have large shoe collections.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Oh - I was talking about pitying faces Stewart. Funny that you automatically assumed i meant THAT kind of pulling off... maybe you are thinking about it a little TOO much?
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
You can point that out by all means Stuart, it won't help your case, but you can point it out all the same.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Vicky you're not 18 are you?
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
Why? Don't I sound it?
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Now that you mention it, of course you sound 18 i wasn't listening properly, a man you see poor attention span.

Pages

Topic locked