Freedom short story competition

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Freedom short story competition

What a brilliant idea for a writing competition, one based on the theme of 'freedom'! The Writers and Artists Yearbook 2013 have launched a FREE writing competition for stories of up to 2,000 words around that theme. First prize the princely sum of £500, deadline 15 February 2013. Further details at: http://www.writersandartists.co.uk/competitions.

For those that entered the abctales Freedom short story competition earlier this year, you may be interested to note that there appears to be no restriction on stories that have been published elsewhere or won other competitions, you merely have to retain full copywright over your story.

Cheers for posting this, Terence! Plenty of time to work on it too - brilliant!
Thanks from me too The Other one..... I might give this a go - as an academic exercise only. Freedom eh? What does it me to any of us? A month here in France while my wife's in the UK - tee hee! ;¬D KJD

KJD

An update. It's worth noting that rule 15 of the competition states "The Bloomsbury Publishing Group reserves the right to change the rules of this competition without notice." In line with Rule 15 they've added a few new rules since Other Terrence posted this and it now states that stories must be previously unpublished. No definition of what that means in terms of web publication. Goodness knows what the rules will end up being by 15 February, only 1-legged nuns called Baptisma are entitled to enter, or something.