Publishers or Agents for an Autobiography

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Publishers or Agents for an Autobiography

About 18 months ago I was asked to ghost-write the autobiography of a celebrity chef in America. (An American celebrity chef is one who cooks for the celebrities, not one who is a celebrity himself).

We’ve worked hard on the book but have suffered a major set-back in that it’s recently been rejected by one of the premier literary agencies in New York. Yeah, I know, get used to it, but this is someone we were relying upon as we had a personal introduction.

Its early days and we haven’t given up the fight, of course, but as the chef is English we’ve thought of approaching the British market as well.

However, I don’t have a current edition of The Writer’s & Artist’s Yearbook and have frustratingly been told to put it on my Christmas list.

Anyone any ideas as to publishers or agents who may be interested in material such as this?

Get in touch with a bloke by the name of Jamie Oliver. 'Writers and artists year book'?...

there should be a copy in the library, shouldn't there?

Karl, I don't get it. you missed an intro to one of the premier US agencies after completing the book and you aren't willing to invest in a copy of The Artists and Writers Handbook?

If you really can't get a new copy of the W&A yearbook use the old one, and check the likely suspects in that book online. The W&A is virtually out of date the day it's published now, so always follow up your research online anyway. Mr google will do what he can to help you out.