Have a lot of people left, or have they got new names on the forum?

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Have a lot of people left, or have they got new names on the forum?

Sorry couldn't think of an interesting topic to post.

I still don't like this forum layout!!

I'm an honest newbe, as you can probably tell by my writing ability. As for the forum layout, I never saw the old one. Sorry. At least it runs at speed now!
Some come, some go - it's the nature of life. Whenever you make change then some of those who have become accustomed to the old will retire - it is always thus - but so long as more new ones arrive then all is well - and that's what's happened - and some very old ones are now returning!
i guess i'm one of the old ones, haven't been posting as much lately, but still check in regularly...
I’m one of those quirky types who doesn’t look forward to change, but adapts to it a lot better than I think I will. I remember a user I quite liked the writing of years ago, called munchkin, who seems to have vanished – I’m sure there were others who I can’t think of right now. I guess things go on in people’s lives, and for whatever reason they stop posting here. But yes; as long as people continue posting on this site, whether they be ‘old’ or ‘new’, the light will keep shining!

I'm usually lurking - just finding that I don't have an awful lot to say. Really enjoying reading people's poems, etc, though.
I was away for a long time and now I have come back in it seems to me that a lot of people have changed and floated off into the mist. But also the discussions sem to be more personal chat and less in depth discussions, but maybe I have just happened across the wrong ones. Also I just logged in 5 times tryin to get it to remember i had logged in when I got to this page.. so maybe they are all out there but are fed up with being unable to write with out logging in again. I found that I just needed to refresh the page after signing in but it took me a while.
Enzo
Anonymous's picture
I'm a bit of a lurker myself at the moment- been quite busy, can't get this broadband sorted, not wirting anything worth posting (did I ever?!) Just started a new job though, which I am enjoying very much. Any word / thoughts on an ABCTales get together at some point? Ben
I've returned, but I'm NOT one of the 'very old' ones slaphead refers to. Whoever can he mean?

I'm here cus it is such a friendly place. Grinning Tai

Indescribable!

I lurk occasionally. All seems very quiet on these boards. *I remember when, etc*. violin cue.
I'm new :) I don't know what it was like before, but the only thing I find really strange, and a little unsettling, is the way that the comment threads are kept separate from the work, so the author has no idea whether their work has received comments or not. And there seem to be very few comments at all, which is sad, because that's how I learn. Ok, and I admit, nice comments get me all excited lol. Puss
I keep getting little flies in my red wine!
I am pepsoid... stating the bloody obvious, as usual... :-) * P * :-)

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

I always peep my head around the corner but recently I just don't get the sense we're chatting in "realtime". I do muse upon the days of yore when 5 or 6 of us would be huddled around a post which would develop in a rapid and tremendously exciting way!

those rapid threads seem to have disappeared...sadly
Yes, The phorum is decidedly lethargic of late

*** heya'll -- I'm baaaack -- and i ain't old neither -- i look great, i still write great!!!! *** I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you ain't old, but your self-opinionated description of the rest of you is under scrutiny! Have you had a personality/brain/character transplant, or are you still the stupid bitch you were last time around?

'hey jude'... ha! ha! ha!... y'know, like the song... o never mind... :-) * P * :-)

I agree with Rita – a definite improvement. When I first found ABCtales, it crashed on me so many times I gave up trying to access it. Well done, teccies!
hello romyd i think you have a very good point ... i think the management ought to mail everyone on the list just to remind them that abc is here and now functioning well ... i bet a lot of people gave it a go and then gave up and now just need a little poke ... tony ... i think you're the man for the job ...
As soon as I get a way of doing it, I will!
you dont have a mailing list of all members tony?
It must be like painting the Forth Bridge, running this site, eh, Tony?! :-) * P * :-)

That was what started this whole thing. I wanted to be able to write easily to the members - and use the database effectively. That led to Tav and Elfyn and Zope and Plone and all manner of disgusting thi ngs - and even though we have a lovely new site - I still don't have this ability - but I am promised that it is just around the corner - no, not that corner, the next corner, or maybe the next corner ....or maybe....
Hey Rita is back...how are you girlie? Take no notice of that miserable git mississippi, he just hates being horse whipped by this woman!lol Look forward to reading you again. Grinning Tai

Indescribable!

Topic locked