British Grandmother sentenced to Death for Drug Smuggling in Bali

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
British Grandmother sentenced to Death for Drug Smuggling in Bali

Has anyone read about this?
In some parts of the world, they take a very serious stance against drug smuggling. People go there, thinking that everywhere is as lenient as the UK about this and then cry their eyes out when sentence is passed. I have scant sympathy for drug smugglers. Think of the people who died as a result of drugs being smuggled anywhere.

Could you kill someone? Grandmother, son, daughter. I couldn't.

Death sentence is too harsh. I agree with Scratch.
Drugs, Polly? Alcohol, coffee, heroin, tea, cocaine, paracetamol, cannabis? http://www.ukauthors.com
Everyone has different opinions, and this is one of those subjects that people tend to get very upset about, so my lips shall remain superglued closed and my frantic typing fingers securely nailed to the desk - I shall keep my humble opinion to myself.
8D

Mmmm - mmmmb ****X!
According to her she was being threatened that they'd kill her children (or grandchildren) if she didn't go through with it. Either way, she'll never face the firing squad. The home office won't let it happen. There are strong diplomatic relations betweeb Indonesia and Great Britain.

What about the people who sell alcohol? Should they be strung up for being involved in a deathly trade? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2114944/Britains-drink-death-cap...
This is part of my argument for making ALL drinks legal. Apart from the fact that legal drugs (GBL [coma in a bottle], ketamine etc.) can kill you just as easiy as illegal drugs, prohibition in America only succeeded in turning just about every single U.S. citizen into a criminal, and the only outcome was that the bad guys got rich. Imagine what society could do with the billions o pounds per week spent on illegal drugs; we could build new hospitals and schools, look after our old people and the prisons would empty. We could also have massive awareness campaigns, and build rehabilitation centres. Conversly, the bad guys would still ind something to do, and any government that suggested the legalisation of drugs would be commiting political suicide, but no, we shouldn't string up the people who sell alcohol .... or cigarettes, or McDonalds, or kebabs, or .....

Ah, the old LSD. I wrote an essay about the joys of that and other drugs for my English Higher Prelim. Needless to say, a swift letter to my parents soon followed. Mind you, the essay must have been quite well written. I passed...with flying colours...and rainbows...and various other hallucinatory effects. Don't think for a second I want those involved in the distribution of alcohol strung up. As well as being a major employer in my area it also pays the mortgage. Funny how things work out.
Well, death is a little harsh, but you do need to pay attention to laws in foreign nations when you travel. It is also best to not smuggle drugs as it is not the ideal way to stay healthy and alive.

GGHades502

"Each to his own poison." Dr. Jimmy and Mr. Jim.