Poetry Cafe

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
fish
Anonymous's picture
yes all that smoking and drinking is VERY aging ...
Martin_t
Anonymous's picture
...may i just say how i enjoyed meeting the beautiful 28 year olds the other night....Fish and Liana...wonderfully youthful...full of youthful promise....I'm sure that they will be ever better looking when they hit 30....
fish
Anonymous's picture
*considers returning beige zip up cardie bought for marty in M&S*
Ralph Dartford
Anonymous's picture
I'll have it.
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
Well, at least fish and liana can now occupy themselves with the proper disposal of all those empty olive oil cans, after the apparent departure (escape?) of the rollicking Greek youths from another thread.
Martin_t
Anonymous's picture
...don't be hasty Fish....can i see a picture of it...it might go with some beige slacks i've got...
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Martin, you're wasting your time trying to ingratiate yourself, everybody knows that the midlands maids are................
Liana
Anonymous's picture
???????
stormy
Anonymous's picture
ralph, where were the red pants? martin, guffaw, guffaw missi, legend in my own pint glass more like, heh heh I feel I ought to be saying how wonderful everyone was, which they were, but it has been said already. A thoroughly nice bunch of people who looked nothing like the mental images I had created. The readings were superb and yes, eddie was not only brilliant but seemed a decent chap too.... at least ..... I didn't notice him stealing any hubcaps. nobody has mentioned Harold yet. what a star he was.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Harold? Did I miss someone? Harold who? Wilson? Steptoe? Wood? King?
Ralph Dartford
Anonymous's picture
Old Geezer. Just tagged along with Eddie.
stormy
Anonymous's picture
Harold from the Opera Terrace who bought us wine because we appreciated his dancing and he is retiring in two weeks time. He came with us to the Po Caff but I don't know what happened to him afterwards.
Barenib
Anonymous's picture
Well I enjoyed the whole experience, but I had to go some to catch up in the drinking stakes with those who had started while I was still doing my Tesco shopping back in jolly Hertfordshire. Needless to say, I didn't manage it, but was very grateful for the hour or so we had afterwards in the pub where I managed to have conversations of one sort or another with Eddie (life in general), Ralph (footy) Stephen (ABC and drinking) and Alison (not sure, but I enjoyed every second of it!). Sorry to those I didn't get round to, but the pub was very packed/small (much like the poetry cafe), and my boring old train home was beckoning from Liverpool Street. I've sent the few photos I managed to get without audiences heads in them to Emily, so hopefully they might appear somewhere at some point. I look forward to the next event I can make. I loved you all....(platonically, of course...)
fish
Anonymous's picture
stormy ... you dont know what happened to YOU afterwards ... and yes ... had a lovely chat to Barenib (who was a LOT younger than i thought) ... and i can't remember what about either except there was a lot of laughing ... oh the Benefits of Being Shallow eh?
Barenib
Anonymous's picture
Alison - my mate Steve (the ginger haired bloke and fellow ABCtaler) says he also enjoyed talking to you and insists that you write a poem about being happy...
fish
Anonymous's picture
hahahahahahhahahaaa ... no dice ... sorry steve ... Misery is My Trade ...
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Re. Harrold: In my role (just for the night) of Elderly Sensible Person, I saw Harrold safely off the premises at the Po Caff at about 9.30. He was off home to his beddy-byes. He's retiring in three weeks and bizarrely he has spent the last 35 years of his life going to Covent Garden on a Saturday night. I think he's a bit of a "Mr Bojangles" figure who dances in bars for a bevvy or two. As he left he told me he liked the ABCtales bunch a lot. He must have. He danced for us and bought US bevvies.

Pages

Topic locked