check this out!

181 posts / 0 new
Last post
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
A lean face, pitted and scarred, very thick black eyebrows, and carbon-black eyes with deep grainy circles of black under them. A heavy five o'clock shadow. But the skin under all was pale and unhealthy-looking. (just a jot of creative writing)
neil_the_auditor
Anonymous's picture
Yes I thought Jon was looking peaky too. Too much moderating and poetic creativity on top of the usual student excesses. Have a day out in Great Yarmouth my son.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Ooh yes... nail, head etc Neil. Whoever did the prof henstoat above had me fooled at first. Is a very good pisstake though...
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
No, that was a note from Loon Lake.
Tara
Anonymous's picture
Well done Karl - glad you kept the faith with your cab driver stories, I loved reading them on ABC about a year ago. They deserve a wider audience and I wish you all the best.
Emma
Anonymous's picture
famous last words
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Your 'creative writing' needs a tweak Michelle, the over-use of the word 'black' makes it appear very amateurish, perhaps you should go home.
Kevin
Anonymous's picture
Thank you Paul for your delightful reply. It seems clear beyond any further reckoning that you have established that I am a dick. Well done you! I'm not surprised that the observations by myself and others do not bother you one jot. By your own admission you have a lot going for you. An enormous penis, creative works which leave you very satisfied, a marvellous girlfriend, the respect and affection of your colleagues at work and a social life where you are liked and respected by your peers. It all sounds lovely and if that is your life I'm not surprised that cyber accusations leave you untouched. The only thing that did stick out a little was: You better have some evidence about my expressions of "pleasure", pal.' You did seem a bit angry there. It suggested a 'you're for it' kind of thing if no evidence was forthcoming. For myself, I'm happy for others who remember the exchanges to come to their own conclusions. What a strange expression though! What would you do - sue me? Outwit me - you've already done that big style so that's a no go. Write a letter of complaint: Dear Tony Cook, my life is marvellous in every respect and any criticisms to me are like water off a duck's back. Also, with the bird I've got and my top quality knowledge of how to get her going (with my enormous todger) you can imagine life is pretty fantastic. Much more fantastic than any of the people who use your silly abc thingy. Anyhow, I'm not bothered, but someone has said something about me without backing it up with evidence - you know - like in a court of law. I think you should do something about it because it's not right. Not that I'm bothered or anything. It's water off a ducks back to me pal, I can take it or leave it. Must go - there's that many friends come to see me that they're clogging up the road and blocking the traffic. Tried to get to the door but the phones going non stop with 'big dick monthly' offering me 50k for a centrefold. I might do it - depends how long it takes me to finish this homework. I'm not bothered me. Where's my rizlas gone? Yours Faithfully Paul. PS If they don't come up with the evidence could you delete it by Friday. I'm not bothered though. [%sig%]
s.d
Anonymous's picture
hi emma whats the weather likein sheffield ?
Yorkie
Anonymous's picture
Hey Tony, I thought our emails were a private matter! Ha ha. No it's okay Kevin, I'm not angry, neither are you "for it". I just wanted to show everyone that you're full of crap. And I have, so...ta ta for now. Liana, it's great being free to say what you want. But take a tip from me: caution, friend, for freedom is hot to handle.
An Observer
Anonymous's picture
Your "social skills" need a tweak Missipissi, the overuse of childish, unfunny insults makes you appear deeply unpleasant. Perhaps you should get a life.
Emma
Anonymous's picture
Absolutely Fabulous darling
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Well I do at least have a traceable name, you ******. As it happens I was offering some of the desirable feedback that they all want on the 'other' site. Where you're concerned I'm proud to be unpleasant.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
I beg your pardon Paul?
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
Sorry! Didn't notice myself slanging, as such - was more, trying to break the pattern and introduce a few .............................................slides perhaps, that preclude slanging; but that, too can be repetitious, and I certainly take your point. However, still and all, I'm not sure that writing which is pleasant and/or inspiring can really be called slanging... or that it doesn't perform a useful function; ..........................rather like a form of alternative punctuation - so unless a comment is intended to prevent someone else from participating, I don't see that it's harmful to add a comment(?) (Unless! of course -! sudden thought! my descriptions quoted above resembled in any way anyone! on this site! which is something I didn't take into account! - so if anyone does resemble the cherub or the boatman at Loon Lake - APOLOGIES ! *AND!* purely coincidental!!!!!)
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
Yes, I see what you mean, Mr Mississipi. It was written by E.L. Doctorow, though - I had thought you might recognise it, especially when I mentioned 'Loon Lake' (in Alaska, on the Kenai Peninsula; meant to be one of the most beautiful, peaceful spots in the world). Repitition can be very effective in writing, I think, so let's not be too harsh! A lot of people like Doctorow.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Andorra, with all due respect, are you having a conversation with someone the rest of us can't see?
david floyd
Anonymous's picture
"Sorry to be so frank, but this has to be said - bigging up people for this sort of thing is embarrassing for all parties. Be desperate for achievement amongst us (we all are) but hold back till it actually arrives." It's not very often I find myself in sympathy with Paul but I think his general point is important. Digital, POD printing has really changed the landscape for wannabe writers in the last year or two. Before the arrival of the likes of Publish Brittanica and more honest and honurable alternatives such as PABD, old style 'vanity publishing' was the preserve of the extremely naive, the scarily self-obsessed and the clinically insane. POD is a genuine form of self-publishing which, for technological reasons, tends to be cheap and in some cases free for the writer. This obviously isn't the same as being published by what previously would've been regarded as a publisher, which is where I object to some of the statements issued by Publish Brittanica but as long companies state this openly, to both writers and readers, as PABD do, I think they offer a good service. In Karl's case, I'm a big fan of his writing and will be buying a copy of the book shortly.
kevin
Anonymous's picture
Top marks Paul for seeing what I've done. Not a lot gets past you. I appreciate that your history on this forum is characterised by emotional maturity and if my silly post fell below the high standards which you exemplify then I unreservedly apologise. Best Wishes. [%sig%]
Rokkitnite
Anonymous's picture
I wish Karl all the best with this venture. Genuine diversity in the marketplace is, in my humble opinion, always a good thing, and that includes range of media as well as content. Karl - have you approached any agents with a proposal?
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I don't really care if it was written by Shakespeare, it's still shite.
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
I just looked back - yes, I said Mrs Pie was a favourite emoticon, too - it's an emoticon from the emoticonpluspad menu, listed under 'brain' and it's a favourite of mine - but thought since I was called Michelle it would be funny to mention that, since it seemed to fit, in a childish way - but I can see what you mean! Just because I am called Michelle - a pretty nice name, anyhow - that doesn't entitle me to make jokes about it. OK! Hi ho
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
Yes, not everyone likes Shakespeare, either. Fair enough.
Budd
Anonymous's picture
I didn't think it was silly or immature. I thought it was a desperate attempt to be funny that failed. Sorry, did I not make that clear?
Flash
Anonymous's picture
He's a moderator on UKA........pressure has got to him bless.
Andorra
Anonymous's picture
Yeh ... pressure pressure pressure .... conversation, where am I, no lights in here, who's that, ouch
kevin
Anonymous's picture
I accept your findings. Perhaps you'd be kind enough to point to one of your many posts and give an example of how to be successful with humour. Best Wishes
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
Well done, Karl! Everything has to start somewhere, if it is to start at all. It could get noticed and picked up by a major publisher with money for promotion and a big print run. Why not? From the first chapter and some of Karl's other London cabbie stories, this should be very similar conceptually to Bukowski's Post Office or Factotum, both of which are wonderful.
maily dail
Anonymous's picture
funny how you never see greco & kevin in the same (padded) room. Now wer wher we? ah, yes- Author: AJ (---.access.uk.tiscali.com) Date: 04-18-04 21:00 My very good friend Karl has a book published. I have read the first chapter and it's brill. Check it out for yourself at http://store.pabd.com/kwiggins Good Luck Karl, you are a very clever and witty writer. [%sig%]
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
LOL I give up

Pages

Topic locked