Susan (Provencher) Grech: 1956-2013

1 post / 0 new
Last post
Susan (Provencher) Grech: 1956-2013

Dear Family and Friends---this is not a eulogy on my sister Susan (Provencher) Grech, 1956-2013, but rather an acknowledgement on the manner in which she lived. She was born in Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec to Ed and Mildred, and had two brothers and two sisters.

She married Mario, had one dear son, Anthony and lived in Toronto for many years. Her vocation for the past 15-16 years has been to work with Addiction Services in Toronto. None of her family knew the extent to which she gave herself to helping her constituents. Susan, obviously was a humble person, full of laughter and life, with an intensity of love for her family and friends.

At her funeral July 8, 2013 in Toronto, around 350 persons attended. Among them so many who received her visits, encouragement followed by advice, and precious time she shared with those folks she obviously cared for. Her own family did not know the abundant extent to those whom she devoted her time.

Approximately 100 people came forward at the Mass-celebration of her life, to tell ways in which she influenced them. Ie. The homeless man she met on the beach, inspiring him not to commit suicide, and numerous other situations. From the many comments made, she will continues to be an inspiration to them; her legacy of comforting will last.

This missive is to highlight the value of life, and how we can influence the future for others, with whom we come into contact on a daily basis. One person can change things, and should begin with immediate family---our concerns and attention flowing out like waves emanating from the center.

My middle sister, Patricia, states Susan’s life is an inspiration to her. My oldest sister, Bonita, says she feels the effects of Susan love of others, and is determined to be a better person. Our brother Dennis knows he still has an awesome little sister, although in spirit at this time. Me? I am happy to realize my siblings are so precious, since Susan reminds all of us, how important we are to one another.

Hugs and Love, from Esther & Richard Provencher, July 13, 2013, Truro, NS.