Spam still

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spam still

I've mentioned this before. Just take a look at "Who's New" it's full of advertising spam. Everytime I look at "Who's New" that's all I see. Can't anything be done to stop names like "tamela38erilsmjqlv" being used they all seem to be similar too??

regards

pikeruk

like I said when you last mentioned it pikeruk, most of the spam is removed by the antispam thing; the few that manage to get through have to be removed manually, by a real person, who checks at least three times a day. It was checked first thing this morning, it's been checked again just now, and it will be checked this evening.

I understand that it is being checked but it seems to me to have a lot of spam on this group. It seems to have got worse over the last 6 months or so. I wonder what atrracts them?

regards

pikeruk

I don't know - they're mad aren't they! I mean how many people are going to take a look and think "oh yes, my bathroom in Australia really needs doing - I must email them". Not a v good business model really, is it.

It is a minor distraction.

However it is only that.  Insert has responded to this same queery at least twice to my knowledge.  The fact that one can see the spurious names has no impact on one's functioning on the site whether it be to read, write or comment.  

My advice, for what it is worth is to simply ignore it.

They reveal themselves quite nicely in "Who's new".

Parson Thru

Yeah, but they all add to the member count, which is now an impressive  17353, of which (my guess) only about 200, if that, are active

Hey Ho.

So...just today

all these are removed from the member count are they, when found to be spam?