It's nice to the Gen Diss forum all peaceful once more - so how about a bit of trivial fun?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
It's nice to the Gen Diss forum all peaceful once more - so how about a bit of trivial fun?

I acknowledge the fact that I kicked off last week in response to various troll types who appeared from nowhere and I applaud Tony Cook and his new techie for dealing with it as should you all.

Now, to trivia:

Mrs Petrel decided that we should watch the LotR trilogy (again) this week and spent most of the pauses (we do that a lot whilst making food, getting drinks and so on) in competing to work out which actor is who and in which other film we have also seen them.

My favourite from LotR is Karl Urban - mainly because he is the guy who is tasked with chasing down Bruce Willis in Red.

(I won that particular one but Mrs Petrel is normally way ahead of me).

So, for a bit of fun, come up with your heavily disguised (or unusual roles) actors in various films!

You never know, you might inspire others to watch what they thought un-watchable!

Oops, spot the missing word in the heading. Sorry all. Brain faster than fingers I'm afraid. It was "see"

I think Michael Douglas in the new Liberace film might be the most surprising.
Ah, good call - I have only seen a brief excerpt so far but it looks intriguing.

Going back to LotR, Mrs P hates Faramir (although she wants to love him) purely because he played the very nasty Neil Fletcher in Australia. (David Wenham). Another role I love is that of David Bowie in The Prestige (playing Nikola Tesla). What a fantastic film! OK so don't join in. It's your loss. I am enjoying reminiscing with myself. The only worse thing is reminiscing with strangers ... I've paraphrased Steve Martin - the American comedian - who, many, many, many years ago wondered what you would add to dehydrated water. *Tumbleweed*

I meant Steven Wright. Duh.

Paddy Considine as Rob Gretton in 24 hour party people? David Threlfall in Hot Fuzz? Have just, for the first time, seen the poseidon adventure. I had no idea that Leslie Neilson from the disaster movie spoof Airplane was the ship's captain in the original disaster movie. How could I not know that? As a consequence I have just laughed all the way through the Poseidon adventure.

Steven Wright, from Reservoir Dogs - a fine performance.

Also, Paddy Considine and Rafe Spall in Hot Fuzz!

Ah yes David Threlfall! Magnificnt! Don't forget Edward Woodward!

Just watch Cloud Atlas, all the heavily disguised actors and ensuing hilarity you could ask for. My personal favourite would have to be George Clooney as the voice of Sparky the dog in South Park but not sure that counts for this thread. :)
Sure it counts because south park is incredible!

Stormy! Long time no see!
Hello Martin and Emma, I trust you are both well. It would be nice if this became a reunion thread but I fear too many years have passed since we all had the passion of ABC in its infancy and clearly, the new generation of posters seem to have made it a much calmer, if somewhat tumbleweed at times, place. Barboy, I watched Cloud Atlas a few days ago and spent the entire film trying to spot who is who. Tom Hanks is fantastic (as ever) but it took me a while to spot a heavily disguised Hugo Weaving. Huge Rant was obvious but Mrs P spotted Susan Sarandon and others. Great film for actor spotting! Will have to watch it again to see what is was about! (Joke)

I hate typo's.