York

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
York

cryingOk.

Our usual venue is unavailable on either of the dates that have been mooted for our Northern Reading.

I have tried several alternatives but have been unsuccessful.  The dates are just too near Christmas.  I am sorry.  Moya, this is my fault, there are mitigating circumstances about why I have not got on with this organisation.  But Here is my suggestion.

We re-schedule for early in the new year when every pub in York will be begging for an event.

I'll stick my neck out now and suggest the last Saturday in January: 25/01/2014.  I haven't checked but I guess that the usual venue will be available on the night, I wanted to gauge reaction before trying to make the booking.

Your thoughts guys?

yes Thanks harpie.

Sounds alright to me. Thanks for persevering with this!

yes Thanks alex.

Hello Peter,

Looks good to me too.  Don't beat yourself up about it.  We all have lives beyond ABC so you certainly don't need to apologise.  It's good of you to try to make it happen. In any case I like our usual venue.and I think the date may well turn out to be better for everyone.

Thanks for trying to arrange what I know will eventually be a great night out and well worth waiting for.

Moya

yes Thanks Moya.

Perfect. Things like that takes lots of organising and it's a pain in the bottom trying to round people up. I'd like to attend that date.

No worries about moving the date, scratch. But I can't do that weekend. Can we do the weekend after or before?

yes Thanks Vera.

Ok Lisa.

How about the following Saturday?  

Does Saturday 1st February suit all?  I'm concious that finding a date to suit everyone might be difficult.

That weekend is fine for me. The 25th is the only one that doesn't suit. Got to go to the wedding of a dear friend.

yes Thanks lisa.

Not having been to such an event before can someone tell me where the usual venue is in York? Thanks.

This is the place Luigi:

http://www.blackswanyork.com/

It would be great if you could come along to it!

1st feb  is fine for me Peter

moya.

yes Thanks Moya.

Hi Scratch, the Feb date much more promising, will try to be there. Really enjoyed listening to and meeting other 'talers last year. x

yes Thanks lenchenelf.

Yep still good with Greck and I, or should that be Greck and me? I'm never quite sure. 

yes Thanks Sooz006.

Hey guys, just in case you don't get to see the new topic for some reason, please visit this link:

http://www.abctales.com/forum/fri-2013-11-15-1323/york-reading-confirmed