Text Speak.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Text Speak.

Great letter in the Guardian yesterday:

i fot ur rticl wz rly gd. no1 evr speekz up 4 txtng bt i fink itz so much fastr nd eazier 2 read az well. fanx!
Point well made methinks.
Some one else wrote in saying that when his Oxford educated chum texts him asking
wot r u up 2? He has to reach for Jane Austen.

i thnk txtspk iz gr8.
Txtspk is old hat. I want to see recognition of the language that comes about when someone using predictive text messaging doesn't check the words are coming out right. ~ I'll Show You Tyrants * Fuselit * The Prowl Log * Woe's Woe
ah yes, I'm forever getting invitations to go to the sub

I recently attempted to predictively text juxtaposition and raconteur and it came up with the following suggestions... luxuarmsguino scammvets 10 Points to whoever can come up with the best definitions for the above! (PS. Blatant plug! See my blog (link below) for a recent mini-article entitled "In Defence of txtspk") ~PEPS~ Latest on The Art of Tea ( http://pepsoid.wordpress.com/ )... "The Art of Flânerie"

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

Text Speak? Fine if you want to tell someone you're on the train, or that you want to meet them at a certain place. It's functional. It's just not very stylish, though, is it? I love words, and there's lots of words that don't lend themselves to text speak. Cheers, Mark TxtSpk? Fn f y wnt 2 tll sum1 Ur on da trn, or tht U wnt 2 mt thm at a crtn plce. its fnctnl. It's jst nt v. stylsh, thgh, is it? I luv wrds, + thre's lts of wrds dat dn't lnd thmslvs 2 txtspk. Chrs, Mrk

Topic locked