The case of the missing cherries

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
The case of the missing cherries

All the cherries seem to have gone missing; I only noticed because my cherry-picked number went up but there were no cherries. What's happened to all the cherries?

they are there when you open the stories but the upgrade seems to have wiped them on the columns. I am getting them re-instated!
O please don’t bother. I find them just distracting and silly – without meaning – chosen mostly by one…. as ‘he’ recently admitted -- no, boasted of, actually, in the recently very embarrassing ‘Cherry Picking’ thread (the thing made me squirm). Whenever I send people to my page or this site they tend to think those red smudges represent a guide to the best work. When in fact it is nothing of the sort – no more than one person’s choice. Why can’t people be aloud more freedom on this site? Can’t people be aloud to just browse, and not be directed and advised what they should read by some self appointed expert, on what is, after all, supposed to be 'my page', and so, what should be 'my judgement' of what represents me there. ABC is not a magazine, and it belongs to anybody who cares to take part in it. But you just can’t keep your red stained fingers off it. It is no more than interference, and very chocolate! THE LONE GROOVER

Then why don't you start your own The Lone Groover blog and post your stuff there? This is how the house runs. Cherry picking is it's branding, consistent with it's taste and criteria, and peices cherried are uniformly excellent. ABC has every right to do this and affords any reader opportunity to star and comment. It's great they host all this for free anyhow. You think it's cheap to run a web site or somethin? You got a right to this and that, eh? If it were me I'd charge a subscription fee, but I'm an American. I get a very low percentage of cherries and it ain't killing me, I understand this, it shouldn't matter, why are some writers so petty and venial about these cherries? I don't get this judgement and approval neurosis. You gotta make art to be congratualted for it? Just do what you do and let the cards fall wherever they land.
www.lorrainemace.com Ultimately, all readers make decisions on what moves them, it's a subjective thing. Writers have to accept this, or not put their work out on display. If the cherry picked work on this site reflects only one person's pov, so be it, that's the way the site was set up and, by joining, everyone agrees to the system. If you want another's approval of your work, send it to editors and publishers - but don't expect them to fall at your feet. It's a tough world out there.
Wow! I only wanted to report something not working on the website. In any event Chris, I think you underestimate readers. I have noticed that the cherry-picked pieces initially acquire reads faster than the non-cherry picked, but that over time the numbers seem to even up. I imagine that a cherry pick might bring someone new to the site to a writer, but that after that the reader might well follow up on all of that writer's stuff cherry picked or not. I don't care how silly it is, I enjoy the system of cherry picking, just as I enjoy feed back from other people. For lots of us here a cherry pick is a high point of recognition in a world where publication seems next to impossible. Not getting cherry picked can sting and I reckon that can also be a good thing; even if you come to the conclusion that the only problem is with the person doing the cherry-picking and not with your work, at least you have put some thought into it after it has been posted.
I think we should be aloud more freedom on this site too Chris. Specifically I demand to be aloud the freedom to spell words however I choose.

Here here! Cheers, Mark

And it is completely open for anyone to flag up a story or poem on here and suggest a cherry.
And on this matter-thank you for the latest cherrypick :)
ah cherries...yummm....re hits - titles get the hits - top tip for more hits: put breast, tit, lesbian, sex, etc in the title, and whey-hey ----> grubby hits galore ---> *raspberries* As i have no serious contribution to make, i go now - sorry - i blame Sangria :D

I am now developing a poem titled 'The Quivering Cherries of Breast Tit Lesbian Sex and Etcetera'. It will contain no angst. Well, maybe...
And now the cherries are back. Thankyou Mike and the computerminders.
Mine aren't
They aren't back on my page either boo hoo!

not sure what kropotkin is talking about but all my cherry pics tend to have more reads than my non picked, even ones from a year ago.

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

My cherries have disappeared too, though they were there a day or so ago. I am also having some difficulty if moving about the site too has anyone else had that problem?
www.lorrainemace.com Yes, I am. It's like navigating through treacle.
oo-er it's going very fast in France. I am alerting Mike and the boys now.
Topic locked