Living under a False Name

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Living under a False Name

I have often toyed with the idea of living under a false name. I do not mean changing my computer usename: I mean changing my real name without Deed Poll or the additional written documents which are so time-consuming. Any ideas, please?

I changed mine when I got married, we fancied a posh double barreled name. Our solicitor told us that you can legally change your name without signing any documentation as long as you write to all of your contacts, your employer, companies you pay bills to etc and let them know, but you might have hassle with mortgage lender, etc, so it's best to do it officially.
So polly it begs the question; why?

I think half the attraction of changing your name is that it's NOT official, and that you're getting your own back on the system by living under your own set of rules. It wouldn't be nearly so much fun doing it the 'proper' way through deed poll. That would be like taking the cream out of the eclair before you scoff it. My new name would be Barney Mooseburger III. ......................... www.thesatanicdiaries.net Http://afteriwaspublished.wordpress.com
Mine would be Algernon P. Chickenbottom.
An interesting subject. When I had the privilege of adopting our three sons---Walt 13 and Troy 11 from my wife-Esther's first marriage; then Scott 9 joined our family, the Children's Aid said I could change all their names. However, I was told, it would mean a legal severance from parents, aunts and uncles and other children out there somewhere. So, under advisement from the CAS to my wishes, Our youngest received one of my three legal first names---Joseph---and kept Scott's last name---Dunn. So he was legally listed as Joseph Scott Edward Dunn Provencher. And friends know him as Scott Joseph Provencher. Interesting, eh? A good friend did something really silly---she regretted and it took a long time and effort and expense to legally have a last name with three zed's in it, then to return it to the way it was. Silly, eh? Richard ps. My first two publisher-published poems were under Lawrence Reynolds because in the early 1960's, males did not dare admit to anyone outside of family they wrote p-o-e-t-r-y. Yikes. Now I am proud to say I do so in my own name which to me is important.
Richard L. Provencher
I had a mate at college called Dave Lunt and he got fed up with the inevitable double entendres - so we had to pick a new surname for him. I suggested Luck - but he went for Stirling. He thought it sounded James Bondy. Ho Hum.
Dave Stirling eh? Coincidentally the founder of the SAS and with a machine gun named after him too.