Owen Money

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Owen Money

well I know it's football but so what? If you don't like it then read something else.

MICHAEL (Even shorter in real life) Owen should be donning his red shirt any day now but something in the background of my Anfield dreams says he won't.

Let's look at what we know:
1: He would have to be bought back for more than they sold him for (12 mill is asked but the Toons have already broken their 15mil record in an offer and they only sold him for 8)
2: I get the feeling that relationships between MO and Rafa aren't great- Rafa doesn't want some Anfield hero coming in and taking the weight of support away from him and his new look champs. I think Rafa is stubborn and may make a stand on this one.
3:Everybody in the world (apart from most Newcastle fans, David Beckham and future Liverpoolo/England oponents) wants him to play up front for his beloved reds: He'll be happy and sop will Sven.
4: Rafa claims to already have too many strikers... yeah, but the best one is a midfeilder. Morientes looks like he's still worried his arch enemy sherlock holmes may be in the opposite defence line up and apart from a few headers he's looked about as dangerous as Michael J fox.
cisse has great speed and ability but isn't getting the service and pulls out of a lot of heavy tackles (not surprising really) and the Liverpool faithfull aren't really pouring confidence on him even though he's stated he's comitted to the club and the city.
Crouch looked ok for the nine seconds he's played
Baros is gone
Kewell should be dragged into a field and shot or, worse, sent to live back in Oz with Jasper.
Pongole? Only got played last night so he'd be cup tied and to rub Hopulier's nose in it then he'll be wrapped back in newspaper and stuck on a shelf in the garage next to that lava lamp and a box of old keys.

... so come on, show me where we're overladen with striking wonder.
We should swap Morientes for Owen and pretend there's been a time warp.

Is a great book by John Irving. Rafa should read, get a new look on the situation. He will go to Newcastle which is sad. They have a second rate manager who has achieved nothing at this level. Rafa is playing the pride card. Tricky.

They pulled Chelsea in the Champions League. If he does not go back to Anfield noe, then I'd be very surprsed Mr Ely. Gerrard wants him and he is the king of the Kop. Player power and all that. R

ok there ralphy boy, you said he will go to Newcastle and that you'd be very surprised if he didn't go to Liverpool. It's that self assured focus of yours that keeps 'em coming. well, as I sadly predicted, he's gone to Newcastle where he'll get a great support base and plenty of games and we'll just get rid of cisse for no apparrent reason and keep Fernando Morbiditus and disappear from view. see y'all in the conference leage everybody, it's been a hoot.
I'm surprised really. I thought there would be an about turn by Rafa. They play each other on Boxing day. What are the chances of the wee one scoring the winning goal etc? A mighty blunder. You are right Ely, he will score loads of goals for the Magpies and be an absolute hero. Liverpool not to make ot to the second stage. Gus Hiddink to be manager by March. You heard it here first on the 'Hush Hush'. R

Michael Owen to leave after this season, after Newcastle fail to get into Europe. Doesn't join Liverpool when they not only fail to get into Europe but are relegated. Chelsea?

Have you seen the bit in his contract where it says he can leave for £12m at the end of the season. Those comedy actors at Toon Land are paying £5m for one season of the boy wonder - and all he'll do is allow them to miss the drop. Souness will go somewhere mid season and Shearer will take over but it won't be enough. That club is a shambles - I fear a bit of a Leeds coming on. Meanwhile the super Spurs are still looking vaguely OK - which is good enough for me this season. Top 6 would be fine , 4th would be incredible. Such is the limit of ambition.
Spurs will finish 9th as usual. Freddie Shepherd categorically denied that there was any sort of get out clause in Owen's contract. He does usually talk bollocks(perhaps the tabloid that reported it , more so), but I'm sure he wouldn't have agreed to it.
have been watching bbc world here from sunny Jerusalem (I thought an appropriate location to recuperate) How would you feel as a magpie fan knowing your new star striker doesn't really want to be there????

I guess most of them don't want to be there either. What are you doing in Jerusalem? Isn't that a tad onerous for someone who's just been through what you've been through? Ah well, your God will provide I guess. Enjoy and prosper!
making the most of the free holiday. I am off work for another few weeks. And I felt fine so flew to tel aviv on a whim!

making the most of the free holiday. I am off work for another few weeks. And I felt fine so flew to tel aviv on a whim!

blimey...i have worked out not to repost if you get an error message!!!!!

Liverpool are now looking to sign a £10million striker from benfica. Which shows how little Benitez wanted Owen.
Jude, honestly, you and your quirky modes of travel- a whim, I ask you, I've never even heard of them and it looks like you've been on three!, Do you get in-flight meals like [some] planes? The supporters are ecstatic to have Owen at St. James's (they'd have been happy with Sid owen frankly) they all know he wanted to be at liverpool but he's an adult, contrary to appearances, and he'll play his best for NewcAstle and the fans will adore him. He'll be match fit and back to his best form in time for the Copa Mondial. the only prob is that there arent any England forwards with him to forge a partnership with, that's why I wanted him at Liverpool (not the goals... honestly) the biggest problem with England is their lack of play time as a team and a striking partnership like rooney and Owen or Defoe and Owen or even Crouch and Owen would be invaluable at 'the big cheese' but it looks likie it's not to be, ah well. Mcmannaman, I agree about Rafa. I've always likied him since his first days at anfield but it looks like this 'non event' will turn him from hero to zero in the eyes of the Kop.
Nope! I take it back, I've just looked at his response to the situation and he makes sense. basically his version is that he was ringing REal Madrid up till yester day morning but couldn't justify the price Imagine BUYING a player for17M when you SOLD him only a year earlier for 8M. It would have been financial and media suicide if he'd done that and Owen had failed to deliver. I don't recall everyone up in arms about him being sold, even amongst the Liverpool fans (obviously many were but many saw it as sensible) He/We hadn't been performing, we had a new manager and a new philosophy which didn't involve one Mr. Owen. we then managed to keep Gerrard against all the odds (the most valuable player in europe- OFFICIAL!) and became Champions of Europe in a single season. ... if it aint broke.
Michael is surplus to requirements, and his value is dependent on the quality of the players coming in to Real. Robinho and Julio Baptista are not squad players and valued at 3 to 4 times the playing strength of Owen, which is why he was let go for a similar amount of money. Newcastle have participated in a buyer's market, and Real have profited enormously. Stevie G is about half the playing strength of Baptista, is only valued at 10m + within England, and we would see the difference in quality in a World Cup tie.

Richard x

No we wouldn't - and we won't. I admit that Brazil are a magnificent team but the difference between the top 10 teams in the world (which includes the present England) is always small. Each one could beat any of the others on their day. No one player is THAT much better than another at that level. We have a number of top world class players - Rio, Beckham (just), Rooney, Gerrard - and a number of very close to it - Lampard, Terry, Owen. That's our best output for many a long year. Don't be fooled by the Brazilian hype - they are good - but not that good - and the World Cup is in Europe.
Forgive me, but didn't Owen have a better pro rata strike rate than Ronaldo?

indeed he did, in fact on a minute-for-minute basis he was their top goal scorer and the fans loved him but 'el presidente' thinks differently and is lining up the football equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters and NOT the best team in the world. As for england, RSWATT, we currentgly have, on paper, the best quality team in the world. Man for man we have more quality than anyone else even the Brafrigginzillions. Gerrard is estimated at around 50million on the open market not 10 and is currently the Fifa MVP holder as stated recently by some good looking genius on this thread. we SHOULD win the world cup but we need to play as a team so we won't.
Topic locked