Old Postings disguised as new.

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Old Postings disguised as new.

Sue Dinum. TREVOR MAYTUM (who I suspect is one and the same) and Zamikael Habte please, please give me a fucking break. I read stories for this site because I love it and want to help the editors. You copying and pasting the same stuff day in day out pisses me off. If you've got something NEW to say by all means post it. Anybody that likes your work can click on your name and read your back catalogue. I'm a writer too and you're wasting my time.

STOP COPYING AND PASTING.

Hi CM, I don't know about the other authors, but it looks like ZHM has been substantially workshopping his pieces and that's what brings it back to the attn. of the editor list, it's inadvertant. Tony brought this to my attn. in a comment he made on a posting of mine that I'd been twiddling with for some time. Hugs xx

I've been wondering about this myself Celticman... A few times now, I've had comments from you on old story just after I edited it. I guess every edit puts a story back on the new submissions list for editors. Which must be kind of annoying with inveterate tinkerers like me around.
yes it does put it back on the unread list, but tinkering once in a while as you do, isn't a problem Johnshade - please carry on tinkering!

If it isn't too much trouble,(non-teccie, so this could get my head bitten off) could a "Workshop' category be created among the offered labels when submitting a post. It might alleviate any irritation felt by editors for those 'grading grains to make finer flour' and save having to resubmit the whole piece on the front page if and when edits are made :-)

they do

I don't have any trouble with anyone modifying their work in any way. I do that myself, although definitely not as much as I should. My anger is directed towards those that change something in the vain hope that it will put them on top of the most read list. It doesn't. Good writing does.

:-) CM It's improbable that anyone could put that particular construction on the action of self editing. Should 'most read' be their delusional motivation, then the individual would surely develop RSI from continually clicking on their own work without changing a thing! oooo, me arthritis :-) :-) xx

Dear Mr celticman, I refer to the above subject: Old Postings disguised as new (very catchy by the way). I am sorry that one or two of my submissions have caused you concern. It certainly was not my intention to stress you out. I myself am just recovering from a nasty bout of flu, but now feel in fine fettle and well enough to address your rather unnecessary and unpleasant post. The tone of it reminded me of the time I walked into my classroom in the third year of school (now Year Nine) and someone had chalked on the blackboard: TREVOR MAYTUM LOVES MISS. With ‘Miss’ in close attendance I had no chance to erase it. Still, it was no more than a childish prank and ho harm done. It might have been funny if it wasn’t so damned offensive. I would have expected more from an ABC editor. I too could name-and-shame over three separate issues concerning ABC editors, but I personally think it is a rather immature way of dealing with things. If you had a gripe about my submissions then you could have used the proper channel (comment box) to point out your misgivings. That way the issues could have been resolved without any ill-feeling. So much for Tony saying he wanted to keep this a friendly site. I think it still has some way to go. If I have broken any rule or code of conduct pertaining to ABC then I wholeheartedly apologise. But the manner in which you have treated this subject has betrayed my trust in you as an editor. Up until now I have always felt your comments fair and helpful. As an ABC editor I assume you do the job voluntarily, which is commendable and thank you for all the work you do. It can at times be very unrewarding – I know, I used to be an editor (not ABC). But to vent your frustration and anger in this manner on a fellow contributor just because you are ‘pissed-off’ is totally out of order - no matter how justified you may feel. It is indiscreet and unprofessional. If you are finding it hard to make time for your own writing then perhaps you ought to consider giving up one thing to concentrate on the other. I have only ever submitted to ABC in the hope that what I have written might be read and enjoyed by others. If people do not want to read, that is their prerogative. No one is forcing them, and no one is forcing you. If you do not want to read, then don’t. I’m sure neither of us will be the poorer for it. Happy New Year. tm
Topic locked