Richard's Sister Susan (Mar 15, 2013 Update)

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Richard's Sister Susan (Mar 15, 2013 Update)

Hello ABC friends. My sister, Susan, is still hanging in there with a recovery kicking in. The surgeon says he is amazed at her strength. It's because of prayers folks; please keep them coming. Susan needed a tracheotomy the other day due to a buildup of carbon monoxide in her only lung. She could breathe in but not out. We are so pleased she is still with us and believing in several months she will be dancing.
Richard

Good to hear, Richard. I hope she gets to have many dances. Rich

I hope so too Richard.

new Richard L.Prov.. Yes,we will keep up prayers for Susan, you and Esther Rich' May she Susan grow stronger every day,with all The T.L.Care. Best wishes julie x
My thoughts are with you, Esther and Susan. May her God protect her.
Thank you all, you precious people. Blessings, from Richard, Esther and Susan.
Richard L. Provencher
Hello Richard, I am so glad you have put this up. I have been wondering how Susan was but didn't feel able to ask. Yes, she is still in my prayers and will be until I hear she is dancing again. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. Moya

Thank you Moya. I too felt it time to say something and thankfully a positive move took place. It is a baby-step struggle back to speaking, moving and fighting pain. Phew, and I complained about a sharp toenail last night. Richard ps. Esther hacked it off.
Richard L. Provencher
What, the nail or the whole toe? Ouch.

S. Actually she missed the nail and the toe. Now I am walking on one knee---kind of lopsided, eh? R.
Richard L. Provencher
Not the whole lower leg Richard? Surely you can see that you have to dip into the purse and book her an apointment with the optometrist!

S. Scary that she did it while wearing glasses. Must have gotten someone else's RX lense, eh? R.
Richard L. Provencher
My thoughts are with your sister Richard.. ;)Pia
You are her strength Richard - you are a wonderful brother

Hi Richard, like Moya, I too was wondering how things were going with Susan. Good news that she is still recovering. I wish you all the very best.

Hello dear friends, Susan is still recovering according to schedule. Lots of pain she has to endure. Hope they do not sedate her too much. Everyone's prayers keep adding up and thank you all so much for your concern. God bless each of you, from Esther and I. ps. My story-poems are getting back on track. Hope you enjoy reading them. A friend just emailed me and said not to send him any more poems because he does not like them. His wife used to like them. I guess some folks help to keep you on balance. On the other hand some of the modern poets puzzle me with their phrases, and I really don't understand the message. To each his/her own I guess.
Richard L. Provencher
Hello dear friends, Susan is still recovering according to schedule. Lots of pain she has to endure. Hope they do not sedate her too much. Everyone's prayers keep adding up and thank you all so much for your concern. God bless each of you, from Esther and I. ps. My story-poems are getting back on track. Hope you enjoy reading them. A friend just emailed me and said not to send him any more poems because he does not like them. His wife used to like them. I guess some folks help to keep you on balance. On the other hand some of the modern poets puzzle me with their phrases, and I really don't understand the message. To each his/her own I guess.
Richard L. Provencher
Richard, I know it seems a desperate move, but she'll honestly be a lot more comfortable with the tracheotomy. I watched the hospital breathe for my own sister for weeks. It was only when they gave her the trachy that they were able to bring her out (gently) from the hospital-induced coma.

Thank you so very much, karl, such kind comments. I wish I was closer---this country is too big. Susan lives, in the hospital, 2,500 kms. away, and phoning and phoning is hard on my sisters. They spend much time with Susan and everything seems to be going in slow motion with Esther and I in Nova Scotia. Your words are soothing, and I know you must be a very good person. Richard
Richard L. Provencher