Chinese Whispers by marandina

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chinese Whispers by marandina

This is just a beautiful story. It's an allegory but there's no harm in that. I feel it could be shortened and it would flow better as a result but it's just such a lovely idea:

http://www.abctales.com/story/marandina/chinese-whispers

Many thanks for the feedback. It takes me ages to put anything together but whenever I read it back it always looks super-condensed. I'll try to be more patient with more writing. I'm flattered that you took the time to comment. Thanks again! Paul

i must admit i read this one last night and was impressed by the pictorial feel of it .. i never get descriptions out well but you certainly do :)

maisie angel Guess what?  I'm still alive!

I loved your story very much, Paul. The careful and beautiful introduction, your writing skills, describing a developing friendhip in a kind of detached way, and all the time evaluating your thoughts about what is happening around you. There is a delicious slowness in your narrative and a suspense which makes the reader to want more and more. Enchanting! Yutka:)

Wow. Thanks for more kind words. I can't wait to write something else now. If only my job didn't get in the way! Thanks again and I'll try and comment on here about other writers' work more often myself. Paul

Topic locked