WHAT'S THE WORST DISCOVERY EVER?

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
WHAT'S THE WORST DISCOVERY EVER?

I think it's oil.

My Blog
http://www.diaryofamaddrunkbastard.com

Off the top of my head, splitting the atom. Or The Spice Girls.
You could even go as far to say that apes discovering that they two could walk on legs was a bad thing, at least for planet Earth.
The accordion.
Discovering that the wind you broke is more solid than you thought. Or that moment when you realise that your parents lie. Cheers, Mark

The thong? Mark has reminded me that I asked someone, that if someone, say maybe an Essex girl, when she's out on the town, wearing her thong and white high heels and matching white trousers and after 25 alco-pops on a Friday night, lets off with a substantial fart. Where's the collection point, and will she care? (And I know of which I speak.) My blog. http://www.diaryofamaddrunkbastard.com

'The Thong?' The thong is ended but the malodour lingers on Nope, I think it's Reality TV, which I'm led to believe has had more than it's fair share of encounters with the thong, though perhaps not yet in the manner described above. Ewan
Gunpowder? That probably covers the thong problem too.
The mobile phone (if you allow inventions)
The leek . . . Not to mention marzipan (oops!).
Ricardo Montalban *shudder*
America

The Spice Girls were manufactured not discovered so that doesn't really count. If we're allowed to include inventions as well as discoveries ... Worst Invention: The post-war consensus Worst Discovery: Chesney Hawkes jude "Cacoethes scribendi" http://www.judesworld.net

I like both those things, although in Chesney's case, I think one hit was probably enough. I mean, who else has come up with a couplet to rival: "No one, can be like me like I can for this job I'm the best man"? I'd be happier if the post-war consensus was still going.

Shorts.
Can't decide between BMW's, 4X4's and Belguim.

'Can't decide between BMW's, 4X4's and Belguim.' Ha, The leetle brain cells 'ave devise a suitable punishment for your insult in misspelling ze greatest country in the world. May you be trapped on the Brussels Peripherique in an X5 with Plastic Bertrand on the radio and only a Georges Simenon novel to read! signed Hercule Poirot
women!

~It's a maze for rats to try, it's a race for rats to die.~

Scart sockets and their equally effing useless scart leads. But my genius brother has discovered that if one takes the back of the TV/DVD/set top box, one can solder the scart pins into place, (they tend to be loose)then use those screw type doofers that computers use to screw it into place. http://www.diaryofamaddrunkbastard

I am very antiwar so it would have to be WMDs.
I suspect that styx and his genius brother are creating WMDs with their scart sets. I see them as Pinky and The Brain plotting to take over the world with only a DVD player and twisted scart lead between them.
Some mornings I'm convinced it's Beer. This morning I think it's Work.

'I am very antiwar so it would have to be WMDs.' I am very anti-war too, so it would have to be non-existent WMDs
Hey TC don't knock my genius bruv, there's is nothing that he doesn't know about computers and programming, he charges nothing so the price would be right. He's also fucking funny! When he and I get on the phone we end up giggling like the little girls that we are.

Cripes! That was very sexist of me. Sorry AG and Jude we end up giggling like the silly school boys that we are.

Don't apologise to me (AG and Camilla maybe). I am no feminist. I work for the RC Church, bake scones for my man and I don't even attempt to take the lids off jars myself! jude

Invention: God Discovery: that the religious virus can be used to keep people in their place. Of course there have been many discoveries that have proved to be disastrous, but perhaps more interesting, revealing even, are the discoveries which we really should have done more with. Underachieving great discoveries: 1)Workers of the World Unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains! 2)Liberty is education enough. 3)Reason. 4)Antibiotics - we've really screwed that one up. 5)No war but the class war! Oh I could go on.... but I won't.
for me: fruitcake. seriously whats the point? but as a yank I do love maddan's choice. the anti american bastard. lol.

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

Fruitcake, lol. Oh dear! How do I rid of this odourous boil?

~It's a maze for rats to try, it's a race for rats to die.~

Topic locked