RE: The Bundle of Joy

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
RE: The Bundle of Joy

Topic posted in response to The Bundle of Joy : http://www.abctales.com/story/sue-dinum/bundle-joy

a very beautiful and moving poem - a real poem - rare that, in life

very moving, when I had my first child the lady in the next bed, had hers, a little girl who had down's syndrome. She was a beautiful gorgeous baby. The parents pain and pleasure in her will stay with me forever. They wanted her so much!

maisie angel Guess what?  I'm still alive!

Thank you for commenting, maisie. I have only written this form a second hand POV, but I have tried to put myself in the position of the husband in this piece. I'm not sure how I would have reacted initially, but I think most of us would like to think we'd love any child that was our own, no matter what the circumstances. I've known a few Downs Syndrome children and I must say they have all been bundles of joy and beautiful. sue

TVR

sue dinum Hi! Vey sad,Three of us had it in one family so I know what you are exactly talking of,I was only 10 and youngest of six brother only three. Thins always swept unerd the carpet in those days, but I have met, also some in life!It was called Infantile Paralysis, polio. Like that, plus my own brother's and families, all with thing's you gave mentioned, or more in families, and when older, experiences of life! It is very hard to accept, but as you say they are all loved with extra special care, but all is devastating when we have to go through all these things. I know, in our times just life! had to get on with what ever happened, even now. Sharing the experiences sometimes, that helps other's sometimes maybe. And professional big names of all, none understamnd do they. So I call myself, an agony aunt, answer problems.Do professionals ever explain, deep facts of any illnesses, words like Iron lung, I was only 10 when my brother aged three first ever saw one? Horrifying taken into ward see, beautiful girl on one, didn't live. So young noise overpowering let alone, machine looked like a suitcase enclosed in to us, Matron took us through to see the ward of a beautiful girl 18 died. then. It is one's in families have to cope! But we are so advanced now, word's like no re- covery no hope, that is not the answer. Did yours sister live then? julie xx
Topic locked