The Wonderful World Of Shoe Trees

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Wonderful World Of Shoe Trees

My friend Christopher has just given the gift of shoe trees. I have put them in my brogues. How come I have lived to the age of forty one without such wonderful things?

Do you have any shoe tree related stories? Have they benefited you and your daily walking life?

If you are a shoe tree user, I would be very keen to hear from you. If you are not, take my advice and put a pair on your Christmas wish list.

I do hope that this will become a powerful movement in a short space of time. A step in the right direction for sensible shoe care.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best,

Ralph
S.T.O.P
(Shoe Trees On Parade)

Words are barely adequate to express my relief, indeed my gratitude, that a serious campaign is finally being mounted to rehabilitate the humble shoe tree. Let all of us like-minded people hope that we can at last restore this essential lifestyle accessory to its rightful place in society, as the mainstay of what we footwear afficionadoes like to call – THE RACK. Well done, Ralph! That’s what the shoe tree needs! Profile!
Judging from the quantity of shoes in this bloody house I guess the terrorist has several shoe trees, all of them very productive!

Rimmer would be proud of you all!
I haven't read it - but these 'feel-good' stories about families of clogs getting together to re-visit their roots always bore me. I hear the book was much better than the film (the actors were extremely wooden) and sold well in Holland.
There are some theologians who believe that the original "tree of knowledge" in the garden of Eden was not an apple tree, but a shoe tree. When the serpent was tempting Eve to "eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge", he was actually persuading her to try on a pair of red slingbacks. It makes sense if you think about it. Which is more tempting, granny smiths or Gucci?
Topic locked