Advice???

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
Advice???

Hay I'm new to the whole writing thing and this site lol
I am attempting to write a story more out of hobby than for financial gain and was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice?

Thanks

Collette

Ok no probs but the book isnt out or published? that site is something i only started two days ago but is to do with my story that i am trying to develop. but no probs Collette
My advice is always 'write about what you know'. Base your story in your own experiences. If you try and write a love story set in Tamil Nadu and you have never been there, it will show. Mind you for somebody who seems to have copied their descriptions of the Louvre out of a Parisian Tourism book, Dan Brown hasn't done too badly! j

Ha Dan Brown has done very well, lol. Well I am attempting to write about angels so have been digging around on the internet for official infomation, but know what you mean. I'm writing as a hobby at the moment, I seem drawn to supernatural/romance. Ive uploaded the first chapter that i've written but dont know if its any good. Everyone on here is fantastic at writing, pleasure talking to you coll
I recommend the following inaugral Speech by the Prof. of Bioethics at my current University http://www.thepastoralreview.org/cgi-bin/archive_db.cgi?priestsppl-00141 Makes a change from the usual wings and harp guff jude

I didn't know you were at St Mary's Jude. I know a bunch of the support staff there. Occasionally we film zombie movies in the parking lot. I rather like the idea of 'official information' about angels lol

hi- what you uploaded doesn't seem to have worked, because it's not there for us to read. I think FTSE was referring to the software you gave us a link for, rather than the book you want to write yourself. As it stands, that's all that appears when I click on your name - no story that you've written - and therefore it does look a little like you're just promoting it. maybe if you post something he won't be cross anymore : )

Eagerly awaiting an excerpt from your work in progress collette. I think I can safely assure you posting it here will result in little, if any, financial gain.
pay no attention to chuck, collette - he is such an attention seeker - too many drugs in the sixties, you know? hello chuck : ) xx

I wish I knew what FTSE was talking about. Where's skunk when you need him? Ok I think I've got it now. Collette posted the meat without the potatoes.
I think collette should try again.
I think her book's rubbish, whoever heard of an older woman seducing a younger man? Ce n'est pas possible, Cheri!
I could be seduced...don't know about older though; I'd like them to be alive..
hay sorry i've been to wales for a few days. Oh my gosh am i the talk of the group lol. i tried to upload my work and dont know where it went. Will try again. No offence mean by adding a link but i do have some work on that link but it's been deleted. wrists considered slapped hahaha will check out the link thanks for giving it me. I'm a new writer so dont have high expectations for my work. thanks everyone collette
Yes please try again. Watch out for grammarbot. It comes across as somewhat terse but it means well.
You seem to do a lot of laughing out loud Collette, you haven't been taking your medication have you!

ha ha I'm just fun loving and laugh alot, you should try it sometime lol
I mistrust people who proclaim to laugh a lot as in 'I'm funny me.' They are either moronic or hiding a deep seated psychological hurt. I am not suggesting the former in your case but hope it's the latter, itll make you a spiffing writer. Welcome to abctales, loq.

Thanks for the welcome,I'm not sure how to take your comment I mean calling me possibly mentially deficient could be considered an insult you know. Maybe I'm just a happy person who like's to laugh out loud. Sound to me like some one needs a hug??? Haha As for the writing, well I'm just keeping my fingers crossed, Was never any good at English at school so I am hoping this site will help me out.
Hi Collette, I was just being a bit of a minx and yes I need a hug, after Archergirl turned down my adoption. By the way guys what's happened to AG? Oh Collette, I once made a grown man cry and leap into a corner, who then sat on his haunches sobbing "mummy mummy" as he reacted badly to the guttural nature of my laughter.

Poor guy, well one hug coming your way.
You're too kind. Maybe you can adopt me?

well I dont know, depends are you going to behave yourself?
scats, spraying coffee across the screen rc, restrained chuckle. sss, self-satisfied smile. gbooim, gut-busting outburst of irrepressible mirth.
I think 'scats' may have a different meaning too...:/
SMSLAID Shit myself laughing and I don´t care.
psml-pissing myself laughing? lmao-laughing my arse off?
pimp - pissing in my pants? fart - feeling a right tit? - can't understan' nuffin t'day?
LOQ.

Is that laugh out quiet?
I've just received this strange email: Hello! How are your day? I am grateful to that that to me was gave to write a case to you. Are you not against closer to dialogue? I'm kind, cheerful and sociable woman. I wish to construct true relations. If you would like to have dialogue with me write to me the answer. After your answer I shall write more about myself. If you want our dialogue that write please only to mine e-mail. Styx here: who the feck is this? I have no idea but I would guess not English. Snot you is it Collette?

couldn't be styx; there wasn't enough laughter...
How very dare you hahaha, it isn't me, and I'm shocked at you threeleafshamrock shame on you!
Sounds to me like you have a secret admirer, Styx, Lmao. Didn't they leave an email address??
Mouffette's real name is Vladimir. Do not give her your bank account number.
styx I think you should get your coat!

Bonjour. I 'ave a big ship and an outrageous French accent. I go to sailing on the alley alley oh. Would any nice body like for joining me? You must be only to giving me your bank account number so I 'ave something nice to write in my Sudoku puzzle.
Ewan wrote: "I think her book's rubbish, whoever heard of an older woman seducing a younger man? Ce n'est pas possible, Cheri!" haha, Ewan...if only you knew ;) ~It's a maze for rats to try, it's a race for rats to die.~

~It's a maze for rats to try, it's a race for rats to die.~

If only I knew what?
Yes, but I'm trying to give up such filthy hobbits.
Topic locked