York

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
York

York was just amazing!   I think it was the best one yet.  All the readers were great and Vera Clark's piece was  wonderful.  It was lovely to see everyone that I've met before.  Parson Thru, Ralph and the wonderful  Miss Jacqui Wicks she of the ukele and beatufiful voice.  Tony of course and his lovely daughter.  Then there were the people I hadn't met before  Elsie Katz, Vera Clark, Luigi Pagano and his wife Joyce,  Luke and  Ann (?)

A big thank you to  Scratch, Tony and Luke for organizing this evening and I heard  rumour that there might be another one in September.  So, put me on the list.  I will be coming.  

I came home with  three books; In The Day, Reflections by Luigi and Ralph's book and I don't know which one to read first.  And I'm annoyed because there was someone else but try as I might I can't remember her first name.  Something  H and  I will post it tomorrow because as soon as I shut my computer down I will remember it.  Got it! LIsa H.

Enjoyed Huds virtual visit too.

A fabulous evening made great by prodigiously talented people.  Not least Moya.  Thanks to one and all.

It was a wonderful evening, so good to meet you all and hear your work.

I entirely agree, a thoroughly enjoyable evening in the company of so many talented people. Nice to meet you all. Thanks to the organisers.

I admired the worthy contributions and took due note of Moya's dire warnings to stray husbands. A comic masterpiece.

I also had a pleasurable chin wag with Moya and Derek prior to the event. smiley

Derek's an absolute gem.

Ray,

You are so right.  Derek is an absolute gem!  I love the  bones of him.  Also he never combs his hair forward oh and Tony, you are above suspicion too!

Moya.

I very much enjoyed last night. Great readings from everyone and a lovely atmosphere.. Thanks Scratch for organising brilliantly.

Well done Scratch for organising this. I enjoyed every minute of the evening. It was a friendly atmosphere, a good choice of venue and the sheer diversity of the work made it very exciting.

I am now reading 'In the Day'.Highly recommended. Heartfelt, well characterised, good dialogue, informative in a way that merges useful knowledge with the narrative, good descriptive detail and brilliantly structured. I am seasick with envy!      Elsie

Kudos to scratch. So glad you all had a good night. Not easy being an ocean away from the fun. But happy to have been a part of it.

Rich

Rich, your show was brilliant.  Brilliant.

You brought the house down (again) Rich. Your contribution was greatly appreciated. I enjoyed the evening immensely and my wife, who rarely comes to these things, was also very impressed - and that takes some doing!

£100 raised for The Railway Children too and that has been dispatched this morning.

My thanks in particular to scratch for doing such a great job of organisation.

It sounds like Scratchio's really gone to town and done the bizzo with this little baby. When I saw the line-up, it read like a Universe rave with all the best happy-hardcore DJs. Awesome.

Northerners know how to have a good laugh.

Many thanks, Tony, Peter. Like a lot of people I find it hard to listen to myself on tape. We never sound the  way we sound in our heads. Makes me happy that you enjoyed it. 

Rich

Hudson you sound good. Your voice contrasts well with all the rest and you have a lot of natural warmth to your performance     Elsie

What a kind thing to say, Elise. Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

Rich

Wish I could sound like you HM!

Great performance. 

Great night.  Nice people.

What more you you ask for?

Every egg a bird.

Thanks scratch and the organisers (catch that band name!)

Parson Thru

Thank you. Parson. I'm glad you thought so. I'm determined to one of these readings. I need to meet some of you good folks.

Rich

Well, Rich, if Mohammed can't get to the mountain.....

Parson Thru

Lol re' the band name parsons!  So much to do on those nights, such little time and so many people that I want to speak to.  Somehow I'd like to just kick back and shoot the breeze with people but before you know it it's 'goodbyes' and 'see you next times'.  Thanks for showing and reading what is a fantastic piece of travel writing but which offers SO much more.  The reflective nature of that piece - like a lot of your stuff - brings a whole, unexpected dimension.  

Looks like Saturday 13th September is on the cards; please be there.

Or square! There's an outside chance I could be sweating it out on a Greyhound between Dallas and San Fran, but otherwise I'm there, dude.

Parson Thru

scratch, could we arrange a 'shoot the breeze' night?

I don't see why not Vera.  

It would be such fun. If there were any takers.

Here's one taker.  No two because my 'gem' will come too.  I think he enjoyed Saturday even more than me because he's been telling everyone about it..  Scratch, you certainly pulled it off.

Yes please! :-) How about shooting the breeze with spontaneous standing up and reading. Sounds crazy but, hey! It ought to end in confusion and arrests. :-)

Parson Thru

Shoot the breeze - yes please!  What would work for me because of  my living in Devon would be shooting the breeze the afternoon of the reading or the day after         Elsie

Say hello to Derek. It would be good to arrange a shoot the breeze after the next reading evening, perhaps. To all go somewhere, raise the roof with a few pints and a bowl of chips.

Pints? Chips? Okay, you can Skype me in. If someone has an ipad you can just sort of carry me around. Then plop me down when you've found a good table. Then when you tire if me - which will come sooner than you think.- you can just close the lid and put me aside, or use me to help balance a rickety table. lol. 

Rich

Funniest proposition I've had since 1982. Beautiful.

Parson Thru

Yes        Elsie

Absolutely it would.  Count me in.

The dreadful thing Rich is that I won't leave my ipad unattended anywhere. So you'd have to come to the loo as well. I'd mop any stray drops off your face. Ha Hee Ha.

Oh, my god! Quick! Someone! My hand sanitizer! (I think there may be an ipad app for that.) lol.

Rich

crying 

^

There are the drops lol.

Sorry to lower the tone.She says, giggling.